Rant NHS

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Yes, another QQ NHS Threads...

I was on a waiting list for 3 years to get braces from 14years old to 17 years old, I finally got them like a year and a half ago, the general procedure takes 2 years, so I should (as I was told) by the latest have them off in a few months...

About 6 months ago, the Orthodontics dude wrote a letter to another hospital in the city, for a short sweet and easy operation, if it wasn't for health and safety and shit, he could do it within an hour (if I went private with him, and I was loaded, that would be the case)

So it comes up to February, and I finally get an appointment as the other hospital, go to see the consultant there, who says *exactly* the same things that the usual dude says, then says go home, we'll send you a letter in the post for your operation. (Why couldn't I just do this at the other hospital and trust the other consultants opinion [She didn't even look in my mouth, fgs])

This is the climax of my rant..

After being told it would take a month for my letter to arrive to me, I decided to ring up the appointments help-line last week, and was told that I had been booked an appointment for the 24th April (So two weeks away), and I should already have received the letter... um, no, I haven't... So the woman on the other side of the line does some paper pushing and some typing, and then says 'Oh, we forgot.'

Sorry, I know it's a minor operation and shit, but it's the help-line, so that could've been -ANY- operation, imagine you're having some kind of life-changing operation and they forgot to post the letter, and then they say, oops, its two weeks away, kkbai.

Received the letter today, dated the 12 April 2013.

Sick to death of the 'Oh, you can't complain, it's free' Fuck off.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
It isnt free..we all pay for it through insurance premiums.
If your car got stolen you wouldnt put up with shit off your insurer because they eere going to give you a new, 'free' cathey should introduce no claims bonus for the nhs though..too many fuckets with fuk all wrong with them cloggong up the system

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Are you really ranting because a letter didn't get sent?

Of all the things to rant about the NHS, this has to be the least important thing ever. They always tell you a time frame for the appointment and that if it doesn't arrive to contact them.

I didn't even rant about the NHS this much when they told me my foot bones were fine and that it'd be ok "in a few days." 5 months later, still in a cast.

rynnor

Rockhound
After being told it would take a month for my letter to arrive to me, I decided to ring up the appointments help-line last week, and was told that I had been booked an appointment for the 24th April (So two weeks away), and I should already have received the letter... um, no, I haven't... So the woman on the other side of the line does some paper pushing and some typing, and then says 'Oh, we forgot.'

It does explain why some of the stats for non appearances at appointments are so high :p

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Are you really ranting because a letter didn't get sent?

Of all the things to rant about the NHS, this has to be the least important thing ever. They always tell you a time frame for the appointment and that if it doesn't arrive to contact them.

I didn't even rant about the NHS this much when they told me my foot bones were fine and that it'd be ok "in a few days." 5 months later, still in a cast.
Nah, it's the whole shitty general procedure that's been going on, it's a joke.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin

pff. TWO separate doctors told me my shoulder probably wasn't fucked...cue surgeons from all over the hospital coming to point and laugh at my x-rays of how fucked it actually was. not NHS.

that said, due to the amount of fuckedness, I continually got priority treatment: walk in to a waiting room with like 80 people already there..."the doctor will see you immediately Mr Teed". maaaan I could feel the silent waves of hate :D

on topic: yes, complain. it's not your case, it's the principle. sure, people mess up, but important organisations that cater to important issues carry out checks to ensure the amount of messing up is kept to a strict minimum. if you don't let them know, they'll never get better. (note: it's equally important to let them know when they did good imo)

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
The NHS rocks, it gives ugly flat chested women big ass boobies for free, nuff said!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom