nForce drivers

Panda On Smack

Can't get enough of FH
I have an old nForce 3 mobo with 5.10 nForce drivers

May sound stupid but i just wanted to check, will nForce 4 drivers work?

Panda On Smack

Can't get enough of FH
just wanted to get the latest drivers but i guess i have them for my type of mobo

hows it going gayboy?

Clown

Part of the furniture
Not bad. Getting bored of computerish stuff. Do you want a 6800GT? :)
What you been doing?

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Get a room you two.

Think the nForce4 drivers would only work on nF4 boards cos they'll have newer audio and SATA controller chips and stuff.

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Panda

The nForce 4 drivers will sadly only work with nForce 4 boards. Despite the seemingly little difference in names between the nForce 3 and 4, the technology is very much distinct between the two. You may be able to modify the drivers, but otherwise stick with the nForce 1/2/3 Forceware package. Hopefully this will be updated soon, but as nForce 4 AMD and Intel SLI motherboards have proven so popular, it's their driver packages that are being refreshed first (a unified driver package may at some point be made available too, but no official statement has been made).

Kind Regards

Jonty

P.S. Having checked, it seems there's a 6.66 unified package due for release in the not too distant future, and a bleeding edge 8.03 series, but it's as yet unknown which products it will support. There's also an nForce Remix floating about which makes the newer drivers support a wider variety of boards, although these are unofficial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom