NF nerfing PBAE?

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
tazzbe said:
Remember those relics also, you guys have been used to play with max casting damage for....well since ever really (and if you lost em, took em back within 24 hours...shock horror to play without the extra damage)

As we hear from US servers, biggest zerg gets the relics. And i'm kinda glad hibs will have to face what alb fg will suffer from...not being able to kill everything in 3 sec. And not just run in and pb everything to pieces.

For me (and i think a lot of Albs) NF will finally bring some longer & more equal fights...altho most decent Mid or Hib groups are running around with RR8+ cause of the easy farming you had for such a long time (probably random albs will get killed just as easy...just some more experienced groups will put up a whole different fight).

Nothing more boring than have a 95% chance of winning a fight tbh...and thats the case when Hib/Mid high ranked fg meets a "random" alb fg.

hehe typical alb reply: "we are too stupid to take and keep relics now so we wait for the patch when zergs rule all"; rest assured no sane hib will play fg RvR in NF, all you will see are hib archers shooting you from clip range. Your rvr experience in NF will be like it's now at 4am on a weekday: 5fg albs in emain and 2 hib stealthers

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Garbannoch said:
hehe typical alb reply: "we are too stupid to take and keep relics now so we wait for the patch when zergs rule all"; rest assured no sane hib will play fg RvR in NF, all you will see are hib archers shooting you from clip range. Your rvr experience in NF will be like it's now at 4am on a weekday: 5fg albs in emain and 2 hib stealthers

you'll be surprised ;)

old.Sko

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:

Well garba, i`m insane hib who plays fg rvr in NF, and even our rr4-9 group have a good chance of busting 3-4fg zerg in new frontiers. Dont think it will be much trouble for rr11 group at all =D
PS. If our warden was rr11 like your i`d be all happy panda =D
Too late we realized importance of this class =D
PPS.
just some more experienced groups will put up a whole different fight
alb is terribly screwed in fg department in new frontiers.
classic alb i-win buttons on hib fg have devastating effect. hibs have to play completly horrible to loose fg fight vs. albs

Aussie

Banned
Kalba said:
How I see NF is...

Lots of LAG, and I mean A LOT.

More servercrashes.

Biggest Zerg wins.

Tanks will be Cannon fodder.

Oh well, nothing is as important as gardening, and even that isnt that important...

and lotsa rerolled r1 mid casters not knowing with interrupt is or how to play their char :cheers:

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Hopefully a few weeks after NF is released here and things get to a stable position it might be possible for FG's to roam about the place in some area's who knows.
Hope so.

Popov

Fledgling Freddie
I'd have to say the biggest nerf to pbae is it not working through doors or walls in NF given that there will be a LOT more keep related fighting in NF than there is at present.

The MoC nerf is really debatable, whilst you will be doing 75% of your damage while using it it will last twice as long AND the biggest plus is the 10 minute timer. There have been any number of occasions when I have held off using MoC because I knew that was it for the next 30 minutes (resulting in death for myself or my group), usually this "fear" of wasting MoC ends up with me running round for hours never having used it.

Now with NF you know it will [probably] be up in time for the next fight so it ios far easier to just hit it with no worries. Remember for a pbae caster 75% of ~900 damage none crit against any number of targets is still a lot, end result it will still rock in zerg situations or when you are being perma interupted by support.

My biggest gripe is the cost - as stated MoC is basically a lvl 3 or nothing RA and 30 points is a large chunk of anyones RP's. Personally I will be making 2 RA templates, one with active RA's and one without and will use the "experimentation week" with the cheap respecs to work out which is best for my style of play Vs the new style of RvR NF will force on us.

Hmmm a serious non flaming post by me..... ummmm nerf someone ffs :touch:

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:
hehe typical alb reply: "we are too stupid to take and keep relics now

Taking relics from hib is a a job i can salute anyone :p 500 shrooms and then the other one have to bring much more people for shrooms and this sooner or later causes zonecrash.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Kalba said:
Oh yeah, Stall. Eventough you'd only do 75% of damage, it will last twice as long and have 1/3 reuse timer of the one you have now... of course it costs more but still.

read what I wrote about support.. low damage over time has NEVER been a good option and aint now either. doing 75% dmg during 30 secs.. is alot worse then current moc. as its alot easier to outheal. Only thing im pointing at is pbae with moc wont be the same killer. with suppout outhealing with ez

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Stallion said:
read what I wrote about support.. low damage over time has NEVER been a good option and aint now either. doing 75% dmg during 30 secs.. is alot worse then current moc. as its alot easier to outheal. Only thing im pointing at is pbae with moc wont be the same killer. with suppout outhealing with ez

you do remember that for example a shaman can take moc with 5 points and interrupt you for 30sec? I dont think 25% interruptions exist ;)

katt!

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:
hehe typical alb reply: "we are too stupid to take and keep relics now so we wait for the patch when zergs rule all"
YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT GARBA!

tazzbe

Fledgling Freddie
Omg Garba...yeah i NEVER EVER joined a relic raid...really...since i started playing...haven't been near relics...how do they look like??? I'm not some e-bay bought account fyi...

Never said we should wait for NF to get relics...just saying Hibs have "always" been playing with the extra 20% damage albs & mids never had for their casters.

Been on enough raids Albion has organised to know that we did try to get em...we did succeed to get em...we lost em etc...all what the game is about.

Original post was about a Nerf...just saying Hibs with no +20% dmg = nerf also...and thats what most have been missing out to tell (since it WILL be easier for Albion to take the relics cause we got more players)...

PS: no need to call me stupid really...could start to call you names etc also...just i'm a bit too old to handle people that way

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Phule_Gubben said:
I still wonder what Mythic thought about when they gave a casterclass that tool.

Americans don't think, they eat hamburgOrs.

Oh and screw the RA remake in nf, now I need purge3 aom5 to be able to compete at some level with my warrior. Can drop det, purge every 5 minutes > nerfed,costy determination. Will really need that +20% magical resistance now that the game will get even more ranged combat oriented.

Yet they boast 'amagawd people can try a variety of RA's now !'- my ass.

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Stallion said:

Lets say pbae does 700 dmg, 25%=175 damage

k, 525 damage for 30 seconds, Add 2 more chanters/elds into the combo and that is wtfpwnzor 1575 damage, Hi der grapple bois!

Aye, moc is terribly nerfed, poor pbae casters. Will have to see if aom5 helps :p

Maybe we can improve the damage if we have a high nature drood in the group!Remove str/con from the enemy tanks, they don't need it anyway. The eld will prolly cast his str/con debuff too, go figure if this is a big nerf towards moc...

Gotta wait and see of course first, but I don't see how can you say pbae or anything regarding this stupid way of dealing fuckloads of dmg is nerfed.

Edit: I want to see you outhealing 2-3 NF moc3 hib pbaers with +20% relic damage.

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
NF seems like it will be interesting on the quieter servers and perhaps the PvP server.

playing excalibur with NF i predict will be something akin to hell :) imagine those 700 ppl charging to each hotspot on the map^^

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Jiggs said:
NF seems like it will be interesting on the quieter servers and perhaps the PvP server.

playing excalibur with NF i predict will be something akin to hell :) imagine those 700 ppl charging to each hotspot on the map^^

An error has occured.
The server has closed your connection.

I can imagine that :)

raid

Can't get enough of FH
aww, moc won't guarantee kill on a grappled tank anymore? i really feel for you, honestly :( maybe keep him grappled try again in 10mins

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
raid said:
aww, moc won't guarantee kill on a grappled tank anymore? i really feel for you, honestly :( maybe keep him grappled try again in 10mins

I am not so sure it is not enough ;/

liloe

It's my birthday today!
well how many mages will buy MoC 3? that's 30 pts and not every1 is RR11, remind that =) AND it will leave you with lots passives, too. The clear winners of 5pt MoC are those who just need it to cast binary spells (all or nothing like interrupts or resses)

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
hibs have kept relics cuz of:

1: spy's
2: radar
3: shrooms
4: undefendable position for albs
5: mids generally not interested in them

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Subedai said:
hibs have kept relics cuz of:

1: spy's
2: radar
3: shrooms
4: undefendable position for albs
5: mids generally not interested in them

No, just because Albs don't put effort into defending. Thats the Reason why they can't keep them or can't take them from us. (Apart from the uber Engage tactic).

And because Albion Frontier isn't a Zone where much ppl RvR = zero Albs there who could spot an Enemy Force early enough.

Aussie

Banned
So you're saying that a relic not on a hill in a corner at the other side of the zone is as fair as a relickeep on a hill almost next to the borderkeep?

Comos

Loyal Freddie
Garbannoch said:
hehe typical alb reply: "we are too stupid to take and keep relics now so we wait for the patch when zergs rule all"

that's a nice reply... Even though no alb replied it... oh wait it's to insult us, ooooooh IC, jeez I guess I really am stupid :rolleyes:

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Lothandar said:
Lets say pbae does 700 dmg, 25%=175 damage

k, 525 damage for 30 seconds, Add 2 more chanters/elds into the combo and that is wtfpwnzor 1575 damage, Hi der grapple bois!

Aye, moc is terribly nerfed, poor pbae casters. Will have to see if aom5 helps :p

Maybe we can improve the damage if we have a high nature drood in the group!Remove str/con from the enemy tanks, they don't need it anyway. The eld will prolly cast his str/con debuff too, go figure if this is a big nerf towards moc...

Gotta wait and see of course first, but I don't see how can you say pbae or anything regarding this stupid way of dealing fuckloads of dmg is nerfed.

Edit: I want to see you outhealing 2-3 NF moc3 hib pbaers with +20% relic damage.

first off grps with more then 1 pb will usaly lose as hybrid grps r here to stay ..

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Kalba said:
you do remember that for example a shaman can take moc with 5 points and interrupt you for 30sec? I dont think 25% interruptions exist ;)

I pointed that out b4.. moc1 is verry viable for supports with ability to interrupt.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
raid said:

aww suck quality post, verry constructive.

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
Icebreaker said:
No, just because Albs don't put effort into defending. Thats the Reason why they can't keep them or can't take them from us. (Apart from the uber Engage tactic).

And because Albion Frontier isn't a Zone where much ppl RvR = zero Albs there who could spot an Enemy Force early enough.

This clearly shows what no experience on a subject does with opinions. The human mind clearly needs to learn things by doing them and this post proves it.

raid

Can't get enough of FH
Stallion said:
aww suck quality post, verry constructive.

Yes, was tired and posted what came to my mind first without thinking :mad:

Seriously tho, thats exactly the case atm - haven't yet survived moc once if I've been grappled and a pbaer has decided its worth to burn it to keel me. After all in NF end result would probably be the same, just takes 1 more nuke with 75% dmg and there is a bit better chance that support can outheal/amnesia in time. Anyway it applies only to the fg v fg which will prolly be history.

I don't play pbaer myself, but even if I did I doubt I would be worried about MoC changes. Like someone already stated, I belive the "pbae wont hit thru walls" -thing will be much worse nerf to pbae casters. With the new moc there is hardly need to hesitate and be afraid of "wasting" moc with so much shorter timer. In some situations you will probably miss the old moc, in some situations you will like the new one more.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
raid said:
Yes, was tired and posted what came to my mind first without thinking :mad:

Seriously tho, thats exactly the case atm - haven't yet survived moc once if I've been grappled and a pbaer has decided its worth to burn it to keel me. After all in NF end result would probably be the same, just takes 1 more nuke with 75% dmg and there is a bit better chance that support can outheal/amnesia in time. Anyway it applies only to the fg v fg which will prolly be history.

I don't play pbaer myself, but even if I did I doubt I would be worried about MoC changes. Like someone already stated, I belive the "pbae wont hit thru walls" -thing will be much worse nerf to pbae casters. With the new moc there is hardly need to hesitate and be afraid of "wasting" moc with so much shorter timer. In some situations you will probably miss the old moc, in some situations you will like the new one more.

yip pretty much sums it all up.. I wont be the one going for moc.. not at this stage.. 1 week of testing will be needed. jugger3 ftw! :twak:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom