NF Full Skill Respec

Celery

Loyal Freddie
Ok maybe a dumb question here :) but how long do the Full respecs last for ?

By my reckoning a level 50 character should keep it indefinitely because it won't attain a new level.

Correct ?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Think they said 7 days but dont quote me on that.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
you keep it till you use it or level. so if yer 50 you keep it till you use it.

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
They usually last indefinitely... although I'm guessing it probably won't stack with the one I still had left from when they first gave out full skill respecs in patch 1.52! :eek7:

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Flimgoblin said:
you keep it till you use it or level. so if yer 50 you keep it till you use it.

Ahh, thats handy then. Might respec my Necro to Servant one day, GOA just saved me 4 plat :)

Celery

Loyal Freddie
Excellent, I hope it does last longer than 7 days.

I'm really being tempted to go to the dark side and respec my Minstrel to cookie-cutter spec :D

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
Hi There
Free full respecs generally last until it's used (obviously) until a new level is reached (on under 50s) or until the next patch. You will never have more than one respec available on a character.

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Zenythe said:
Hi There
Free full respecs generally last until it's used (obviously) until a new level is reached (on under 50s) or until the next patch. You will never have more than one skill respec available on a character.
small edit ;)

can have multiple RA respecs available on a char, or combinations of skill and RA.

Celery

Loyal Freddie
Zenythe said:
Hi There
Free full respecs generally last until it's used (obviously) until a new level is reached (on under 50s) or until the next patch. You will never have more than one respec available on a character.

Thanks for the reply, but when you say "or until the next patch." I presume you mean the next patch where a Full respec is awarded and not just the next patch to the game ?

ant

Fledgling Freddie
think i read somewhere that will lose auto trained points if i use this free respec..is this true?

Siftwind

Fledgling Freddie
Yes. I believe that is the case. I intentionally did "/respec all" on my infi and stealth (infi auto train skill) was set to 12.

Regards,
Sift.

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
ant said:
think i read somewhere that will lose auto trained points if i use this free respec..is this true?
No. That is not true. If you autotrained a line and gained free points, you will still have the free points after respec.

Frosen

Fledgling Freddie
ant said:

aye i'm quite sure the auto train points are not returned

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Siftwind said:
Yes. I believe that is the case. I intentionally did "/respec all" on my infi and stealth (infi auto train skill) was set to 12.
Having your stealth set to 12 when you respec does NOT mean that you lost the points. It merely means that you don't get a choice of where they go - they MUST go in stealth... For the same reason you get the free points in the first place - to stop you gimping yourself.
Frosen said:
aye i'm quite sure the auto train points are not returned
"not being returned" is not the same as "being lost". You don't get to choose where the points go, and you never did.

Siftwind

Fledgling Freddie
Taken from the news of 16/11/2004 or here:
"We take advantage of the occasion to remind you once again to read all the points that were given in the last Friday News and to carefully use your respecs. Please note that when you respec your skills, every characters who had benefitted from autotrained skills will lose the extra points gained."

I can't remember but if I had autotrained my infi all the way to 50. His level in stealth at the end would cost more than 12 points to attain at a trainer.

Regards,
Sift.

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Siftwind said:
Taken from the news of 16/11/2004 or here:
"We take advantage of the occasion to remind you once again to read all the points that were given in the last Friday News and to carefully use your respecs. Please note that when you respec your skills, every characters who had benefitted from autotrained skills will lose the extra points gained."
unfortunately, being posted there does not make it correct - and indeed it is not.
Siftwind said:
I can't remember but if I had autotrained my infi all the way to 50. His level in stealth at the end would cost more than 12 points to attain at a trainer.
Your Infi's level of stealth must be greater than or equal to his level/4 (rounded down) - which at level 50 would be 12. If you spec stealth while levelling your char you are not granted free points. If you did not spec stealth while levelling your character you will have gained (up to) 77 points because the game will keep you over the minimum spec level at all times and give you free points to do so.

If you cannot remember how much you autotrained, just post your exact spec before and after your /respec was done (and any points left over if you can remember).

Siftwind

Fledgling Freddie
Pin said:
unfortunately, being posted there does not make it correct - and indeed it is not.

I'm not worried about my spec, I was just trying to answer ant's question. Where are you getting your information from regarding the comment that the official news, relating to losing autotrain points when using NF free respec, is incorrect? I've no reason to doubt you but I'd like to know how you found this out, if you are correct.

Regards,
Sift.

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Siftwind said:
I'm not worried about my spec, I was just trying to answer ant's question.
It's better to remain silent than to answer a question incorrectly, so if you don't have any concrete information (like your spec before and after your respec, for example) then it might be better to not answer.
Siftwind said:
Where are you getting your information from regarding the comment that the official news, relating to losing autotrain points when using NF free respec, is incorrect? I've no reason to doubt you but I'd like to know how you found this out, if you are correct.
GOA's news, just like the Herald's grabbag can be filled with errors - basically because it's written by someone who doesn't necessarily understand everything, or have first-hand knowledge, so 'information' gets passed around. Some of it started out right, some wrong and some just hazy. Autotrain was one that was hazy - http://www.camelotherald.com/more/1536.shtml - and although it may not be explained so that everyone can understand it first time, it should be clear that it conflicts with GOA's statement on their news page.

And when there's conflicting information around, it's best to test for yourself... And I've respecced multiple auto-trained characters and never lost a single point, including my 50inst, 44slash, 8stealth Minstrel since NF was patched.

Siftwind

Fledgling Freddie
As far as I know I haven't answered anything correctly. I was just trying to get back on track to the question that ant asked rather than confuse/extend this thread further.

So what you are saying is, based on your previous experience of respeccing, autotrain points will not be lost with the NF free respec?

edit: sorry, just seen your last comment regarding a respecced alt since NF patch. So you can confirm that you did not lose autotrain points?

Regards,
Sift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom