Next wave of radar bans???

Baybaen

Fledgling Freddie
There is a new radar program out thats supposedly undetectable and its plain to see on excalibur that its being abused.

When are these people going to be banned? and i hope it won't be a slap on the wrist this time.

Its sad to pop out of stealth about 3k from a group and watch a member of that group run at you, stealth again and they go and soon as you unstealth they run directly towards you again.

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
let the :flame: beging

*rings the gong gong*

Baybaen

Fledgling Freddie
Merrilow said:
Plain to see?

Yes, myself and many others know of a few people who use it, there are also quite a few others how sems to continously find people inn the strangest places from the side or rear.
No need for flames here, just wondering when the next wave of bans will be.

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
Really do hope the bans are of the permanent type. I remember prior to NF launch here, but just after the first wave of bannings with NF in the US, somebody posted asking if GOA would just be handing out 7 day bans like mythic did.

I'll have to see if I can find the reply, but I think Requiel (appologies if it was another GM) said that GOA's stance was that all bans would be permanent, that there were no second chances. Was there a policy change? as it didn't quite work out that way.

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Ban all teh bastard.. just report them via right now if you think ppl are using radar!

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
I reported various players on Rightnow the other day, had a conversation with whichever GM replied:

Customer (myname) 02/28/2005 01:00 AM
Blah blah blah, <insert names to be investigated> blah blah.

Response (CM) 03/01/2005 01:25 PM
Greetings,
Thank you for the comments. We nare continuously monitoring for use of illegal programs. There has been more than one wave of bannings for radar use and they will continue. We do not announce these other waves as we have already issued all the warnings we intend to. All reports are followed up and invetigated. Those who are found to be cheating are permanently banned from the game.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

Customer (myname) 03/01/2005 04:38 PM
Thanks for the reply.

From your last sentance I assume you are therefore investigating <insert names> amongst others. I am not sure how your warning system works - I can only hope you initially warn, then monitor that player, and check up on them regularly.

<Insert evidence>

I guess for legal reasons players cannot be named and shamed when they are seen to be using radar, however I do suggest examples are made, or at least players are put on a permament monitoring list after they are detected, to ensure they do not offend again.

"Those who are found to be cheating are permanently banned from the game."

You said warnings were given out. If you give someone a warning, it means they are cheating, and this contradicts the statement above (ie you warned instead of banning.) I don't know if this is a new policy, but it is clear this has not been the case in the past (ie <insert names> were only banned for two weeks).

Response (CM) 03/01/2005 04:52 PM
Hello again,
The only warning we issued was when we first deployed the anti-radar tool. At that time we banned the people who were caught for two weeks as a woarning. After that we reverted to our normal policy of permanently banning cheaters.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom