Next PvE Expansion

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
I wonder how the next expansion will look like, and how they will make sure we use endless hours of mob-bashing and running around in circles doing quests, only for one purpose, to be viable in RvR. And that is why most of us actually play this game(RvR), i know i do atleast.

Well the thing is, i dont freakin get why you should get major advantages in rvr from doing pve. RA's is the best thing that happended to this game, the more rvr you did, and doing so successfully, the better advantages you get in rvr. I just fear that a pve-whore can go do ML10, farm artifacts and go wtfpwn in rvr when all this guy did was killing mobs and clicking on npcs.

Pve rocks :worthy: :worthy:

Exioce

Part of the furniture
It's unfair that high RR people have more utility in PvE than roleplayers do, so it works both ways

Ardamel

Fledgling Freddie
Mastade said:
I wonder how the next expansion will look like, and how they will make sure we use endless hours of mob-bashing and running around in circles doing quests, only for one purpose, to be viable in RvR. And that is why most of us actually play this game(RvR), i know i do atleast.

Well the thing is, i dont freakin get why you should get major advantages in rvr from doing pve. RA's is the best thing that happended to this game, the more rvr you did, and doing so successfully, the better advantages you get in rvr. I just fear that a pve-whore can go do ML10, farm artifacts and go wtfpwn in rvr when all this guy did was killing mobs and clicking on npcs.

Pve rocks :worthy: :worthy:

Well maybe you're right mate, but New Frontiers will give alot for high RR ppl (Free RAs, scaling down RA costs etc) thus promoting the very play style you have. Also, high RR chars will be able to cut through these MLs alot faster than most others, it's quite evident on the US. 2 FGs high ML hibs relic raiding Excalibur being perhaps the most appearent event.

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Exioce said:
It's unfair that high RR people have more utility in PvE than roleplayers do, so it works both ways

But "Roleplayers" arent forced to do RvR to be good in pve in the same way as "RvR-Whores" need to do PvE to be good in rvr. i.e. lvl to 50, get artifacts, do ML's, farm money to get the "perfect" SC suit etc. etc.

Imon

Fledgling Freddie
Mastade said:
But "Roleplayers" arent forced to do RvR to be good in pve in the same way as "RvR-Whores" need to do PvE to be good in rvr. i.e. lvl to 50, get artifacts, do ML's, farm money to get the "perfect" SC suit etc. etc.

why do you even play this game?

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Imon said:
why do you even play this game?

Cuz its still fun despite the fact you have to do all the shite pve-marathon.

And btw, who the f*ck are you?

Das_Hibbie

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm am I the only one who likes the actual adventure part in mmorpgs and not just the PvP (RvR) part? I've always fancied hunting for my stuff and the exitment of getting something you really want. If you never experience that from PvE, well... I don't know what you can do, but one thing is possibly to try and understand that many actually do think the PvE part is enjoyable.

Imo Daoc would be shite without the lvling. Would just be a CS in platemale where you choose your sword instead of your rifle...

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
Mastade said:

RA's makes u better in PvE.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Mastade said:

Hi I am a roleplayer X and I want to kill dragon but I am not allowed to join the DR´s since I dont have MW and therefor I must RvR to get it...etc.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Yes it was a deliberate ploy by Mythic to keep the RVR'ers interacting with people in the fear they would loose there ability to communicate altogther if they were allowed to run free.

Experiments showed that with no PVE content 9 out of 10 RvR'ers started to show symptoms of extreme a-social withdrawn behaviour.

:)

You have to ask yourself, if your dont enjoy the side to daoc that involves perfecting your character through quests, large scale raids and drop hunting, you shouldnt really be playing the game.

The fact that your voicing these concerns prolly means you care enough to carry the burden.

censi

Can't get enough of FH

True but if Roleplayers dont get RA's they wont be as effective at PVE as those with RA's

RvR'ers in the same why are not force to do ML's and TOA hunts, but if they dont they will be less effected at RVR

your argument therefore is totally invalid. No one is forcing you to do anything. Its reward based on effort. This applies as much for RVR endevours as it does for PVP. The only difference is you like doing one more than you like doing the other. This is not a fault with the game which is catering for both types.

DaveyJones

Fledgling Freddie
Mastade said:
Cuz its still fun despite the fact you have to do all the shite pve-marathon.

And btw, who the f*ck are you?

Because you dont him he cant question your stupidity?

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
The pve portion of the game is in here because Doac tries to be something a little bit different to Unreal Tournament etc. If you dont like that idea maybe the pure deathmatch games would give you more enjoyment per played hour than Doac. Simple as that.

Freppe

Fledgling Freddie
DaveyJones said:
Because you dont him he cant question your stupidity?

I'd say that to you tbh. Just look at your sentence at you might notice. :)

Zarklech

Fledgling Freddie
Das_Hibbie said:
Hmm am I the only one who likes the actual adventure part in mmorpgs and not just the PvP (RvR) part? I've always fancied hunting for my stuff and the exitment of getting something you really want. If you never experience that from PvE, well... I don't know what you can do, but one thing is possibly to try and understand that many actually do think the PvE part is enjoyable.

Imo Daoc would be shite without the lvling. Would just be a CS in platemale where you choose your sword instead of your rifle...

Agrees with ya 100%. PvE 4tehwin :)
RvR just makes me mad everytime. Aint fun at all. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom