Next Patch Notes

W

Will

In the next major patch, we will be updating the Heavy Assault weapons and Medium Buggies for the Terran Republic and Vanu Sovereignty.

TR MiniChaingun: The TR MiniChaingun received a 50% increase in bursting duration before recoil kicks in.

VS Lasher: The VS Lasher received an increased rate of fire to make it more comparable with the other Heavy Assault Weaponry.

TR Marauder and VS Thresher: Both of these vehicles were given an increase in armor points. Now the NC Enforcer, TR Marauder, and VS Thresher are equal health-wise.

VS Thresher: The VS Thresher [projectile] had both its damage increased (against soldiers and vehicles), and its lifespan extended (so the projectile can travel further). This is to make it more comparable to the NC Enforcer and TR Marauder (in terms of damage potential).

Timing on these updates has yet to be determined, but we expect them to go to Test Server and then Live next week.

It would be nice to see the other sides heavy buggies getting used more...and the HA weapons suddenly became much more nickable.:)

F

Faeldawn

Agree with the buggy upgrades, the thresher in particular is never used...i have only ever seen 2 in active play.

P

[PS]Mung

This sounds like how DAOC went.
With everything ending up the same until more whiners made the devs nerf everything which could be seen as an "Imbalance" but was in fact balanced elsewhere.
I can't see why things have to be equal, I mean why can't a race be behind technologically in one area and stronger in another?
It would make for interesting gameplay. Instead of which everyone has different looking/sounding kit but which is really the same.
Whats the point?
Gives you no incentive to want to pick a race, they're all the same bar the colour scheme.
Bleugh......etc.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I would like to see more variety in small arms/medium assault weapons.

Gauss is getting a little boring. ;)

M

Manic Miner

bah, what about the distance on the VS MAX AA projectiles so that we might actually hit aircraft hovering at 400M :/

I don't want everything to be the same, but at the moment droves of people are leaving VS because of their frustration with the weapons. I come from an outfit where an awful lot of people have left and gone over to NC so that they can actually enjoy killing people for a change without having to zerg. Last night I had a 3% adjsutment while playing VS because of population differences - which is the first I've seen that much given to me. I'd prefer not to get an increase in XP though, I'd rather live longer rather than sitting waiting for respawns :/

I to would like more variety in the empires smaller weapons, but I believe the fundemental weapons that we have should be similar - such as my bluddy MAX AA which can't hit liberators because a) they sit at 400 meters and my projectiles don't go that far even though other empires MAX AA's do and b) a liberator can drift off at any speed it cares because my projectiles move at a w@nky speed.

I don't have much else available to me in the way of AA. I don't want to waste my cert getting a Sky Gaurd just so some other bugger can sit on the back of it and shoot down liberators. The VS MAX AA is ineffective against air craft for which is was designed for, and it's pathetic against ground troups and even more so against vehicles.

regards
manic miner :)

W

Will

The NC AV missile can't reach those stupid high Libs. Then again, you've probably noticed that they don't hit you from that height either, so its not really an issue.

With a 3% adjustment, you really are tempting me to switch sides...I always do prefer an underdog.

D

Deathwatch

Heh they are going to put it on the test server first? Last time I was on there I was 50% of all players on. :p

As for weapon distance, most AA MAX's should get updated a bit. The NC one doesnt have a great range, and heard the VS one is just shit. As for TR, I have no clue - all I see when I fly over a TR base is 'missle lock' and strikers getting fired.

Some more weapons would do with some changes, but overall it's quite balanced. When they update the Heavy Assault weapons, it might come a bit unbalanced. (I found the Minichaingun quite good - people shouldn't complain about the jackhammer up close - its a triple barreled shotgun)

As for the thresher - only seen it a few times in-game and it never lasted long. Also I heard it damages itself when it goes into autodrive mode, but not certain. Playing NC that isn't my concern :)

The may upgrade the NC Enforcer as well tho. It got a good rocket system but it's not very usefull imo. Compared to the TR Marauder that is.

M

Manic Miner

Originally posted by Will.
The NC AV missile can't reach those stupid high Libs. Then again, you've probably noticed that they don't hit you from that height either, so its not really an issue.

only going what i read on PS forums where a load of stats were given and it was said that NC were the only MAX AA that could hit a liberator at full hieght - i've no first hand experince of other empires cos i'm loathed to change sides and loose my char and i don't want to play in the USA :)

W

Will

I don't think I've ever seen an NC AA MAX. I kinda wandered onto talking about my fly-by-wire AV missile I get as a grunt.

If I see a Lib that high up though, I just ignore it.;)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Sparrow MAX is actually quite fun if the skies are filled with Reavers and Mossies. :)

They describe the sparrow as rapid fire - that's a joke, though.
And don't let any other MAX or grunt get close, you will be fair game.

C

Cadire

The Vanu AA Max isn't great in all AA situations, but is very good when used in the right circumstances... i.e. if the target is at half-range and heading toward you, you have a good chance of knocking them down. Try shooting at one heading away from you and you don't really have a chance, as they smack the afterburner button and outpace the missiles.

I'm against tweaking weapons/vehicles to make them 'equal' to other factions. I'd rather see the balance concentrated more in the differences. It's ok to have a lightly armoured vehicle, for example, as long as another attribute (maybe missile range, damage strength) is adjusted accordingly. Have a really heavy armoured vehicle, with perhaps a trade-off in it's damage dealing capability... and so on.

I like the differences in weaps/vehicle/etc. It makes playing all the different factions much more enjoyable.

P

[PS]Mung

Which is what i'd like to see continue.
But I doubt that will be so.

S

shilak

NC AA MAX is pretty good, but it was heavily nerfed in the last patch and ever since has been having targetting problems. The only way it can hit the 400m ceiling is when using dumbfire rounds at the targetting seems to only have a 250m range atm while the projectiles can travel approx 500m.

Biggest problem with it is that it looses lock during lag/reloads/at random and sometimes just refuses to lock on at all. Hopefully those minor issues will be sorted out soon :)

C

CliffyG

Originally posted by shilak

Biggest problem with it is that it looses lock during lag/reloads/at random and sometimes just refuses to lock on at all. Hopefully those minor issues will be sorted out soon :)

Exactly the same problem i get with my striker, been zoomed in on a stationary vehicle at x12 from about 20 metres away and it still didn't lock :(.

G

Gekul

Originally posted by [PS]Mung
This sounds like how DAOC went.
With everything ending up the same until more whiners made the devs nerf everything which could be seen as an "Imbalance" but was in fact balanced elsewhere.
I can't see why things have to be equal, I mean why can't a race be behind technologically in one area and stronger in another?
It would make for interesting gameplay. Instead of which everyone has different looking/sounding kit but which is really the same.
Whats the point?
Gives you no incentive to want to pick a race, they're all the same bar the colour scheme.
Bleugh......etc.

They are still different, they still need different styles of play. They are just more comparable in damage (or should be). Why you would have a problem with this is beyond me.

B

bone_idle

Being a terran Reaver pilot, Trust me. ive seen plenty of NC AA MAX's. i think they must be the most common MAX ive seen.

The Terran AA MAX is pants. It is the MAX version of the Skyguard and have you seen the range of the flak cannon on that. :rolleyes:

Thats why soooo many carry the striker. Its our only decent air defence.

I also drive a Marauder as you can drive it using reinf armour. It also packs quite a punch with an anti personel gun and a anti vehicle gun. Both seperate. Its the 3 man buggy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom