Next patch cleric specc?

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
Would this be viable

30 rejuv (bit lower specc heals but group and spread the same as 35 :) )
40 enhance (kinda explains itself only leavin out highest int)
and 18 (in this case 20) smite for the pbae snare and a little better pbae mezz and the pbae nuke for interupt

Or will the lower stuff be useless?

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Graendel said:
Go 50 smite. Worked fine for Moshi all these years.

Or 50 enhance if you want to follow the path of Zianah.

Graendel

Fledgling Freddie
Or maybe 1 1 1 if you're like Vlad and can't find the trainer.

Try it in rvr - if it doesn't work just respec. Good luck choosing your spec!

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
The PBAE snare is like the PBAE mez, grey pets resist it 99.9% not to mention players.
It's a decent interrupt though if you find yourself surrounded by casters for some reason but that's about it, wouldn't spec for it unless you plan to go 44+ smite anyway.
Then you can always get the 209 delve smite nuke with it's massive 750 range :touch:

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
I will never go below 35 reju, simply for the 75% grp insta and 80% single insta.

toxii

Can't get enough of FH
AHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHAHAH [BREATHES] HAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHH

edit: does it mean that if i put +skill on my sc i can smite for roxstar dmg too ? xd +21 now mates

edit2: ok its not 99,9% mister smartass, its 90%, still waste of time to even bother, except in situations that senor andrilyn mentioned already

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
umm...

level 18 spell gets resisted by a level 50 player all of 31% of the time... i.e. a 69% hit rate.

If you have any mastery of focus it'll land more often.

Personally I'm going to try 45 smite 26r 14e before I get annoyed at not having spreadheal and go back to 44s/30r

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
before I get annoyed at not having spreadheal and go back to 44s/30r

Will you put it on your qbar this time? :fluffle:

mmmpie

Fledgling Freddie
42 Enh for the red aucity,and 33 rej!
its nice atleast 1 of etc (2) clerics in a group,can rebuff the caster(s) with proper Int!:drink:

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
umm...

level 18 spell gets resisted by a level 50 player all of 31% of the time... i.e. a 69% hit rate.

Well "most" Clerics these days have either the level 3 or the level 7 Mez, I've tried both specs and I can count on 1 hand the times the mez actually landed on grey pets or anything for that matter.
Spending MoF just for the PBAE mez is not viable aswell as you cannot spam it therefor if it doesn't land in the first cast you won't land it during that fight and a waste of points and Clerics got nothing else they need MoF for other than the PBAE mez/snare.

If you spec high Smite then yes ofc it will not be resisted but it's only giving away free mez immunity and the snare (knowing Mythic) will probably give root immunity aswell like the Cabby AoE snare so really pointless using it for anything else than interrupts else you'd be giving away free mez and root immunity and then you will be facing a very pissed Sorc :p

toxii

Can't get enough of FH
mmmpie said:
42 Enh for the red aucity,and 33 rej!
its nice atleast 1 of etc (2) clerics in a group,can rebuff the caster(s) with proper Int!:drink:

hello, can we have more sensible posters like this one in this thread, thanks !

smite spec was fun maybe during classic, no immunities, pbae mezz at short rut, everyone was running around with no spirit sist whatsoever, you could nuke a person for decent dmg, but between then and now, there has been 4 years of nerfing, funny that you even talk about smite spec xd

oh and

Andrilyn said:
Clerics got nothing else they need MoF for other than the PBAE mez/snare.

i disagree, clerics need mof for shears, i noticed that with 40+10 enh i get more resists than when i have mof1, in which case spells land at almost 85% when w.o mof i get almost 50% resist rate

Rustyspoon

Fledgling Freddie
I'm 44 smite 32 rejuv and 4 enh but i only run small group rvr with a BB so...
:)

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
think ill stay 35 rejuv 40 enhance 9 smite.. or gettin 36 rejuv and just 4 smite really like that groupheal :)

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
I'm probably going to take advantage of the free respec to put my active cleric (40e/36r, ml6 perfector, cl3, di2 pr1) back to buffbot duties and my buffbot cleric to 40e/36r so it can start getting groups for rps and MLs

Belomar

Part of the furniture
I'd never go below 42 enh and 33 rej myself, the enhancement line is so important these days in RvR.

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
is smite REALLY that bad? these pbaoe heals dire?

how would say 44 32 pan out?

fock it gonna give it a try n rvr for a couple of nights- got heaps of respec stones lying about

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
my cleric will be staying 43smite 30rej 12enh :p

I_R_BIG_TROLL

Fledgling Freddie
Ive stuck to my tried-and-tested-like-gramma's-cookies spec of 40 enhance, 36 reju, (random points) smite.....

Oh and the new cast time on greater refol is awesome ;) no more EXPENSIVE top line heals cause i need quicker casts heheh ;)

viva Cleric Love VIVA!!!

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
I_R_BIG_TROLL said:
Ive stuck to my tried-and-tested-like-gramma's-cookies spec of 40 enhance, 36 reju, (random points) smite.....

Oh and the new cast time on greater refol is awesome ;) no more EXPENSIVE top line heals cause i need quicker casts heheh ;)

viva Cleric Love VIVA!!!

What did i miss sumth is it lowerd??

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
yup the 33 heal is now a 2.6 i think instead of 3.2 cast time, and the higher tier heal is faster again

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
I still use both heals. The lvl 33 Spec Single target heal heals for about 480ish without crits and casts at 2.6 speed. The lvl 32 Spec Single target heal heals for about 660ish and casts at 2.2 speed. More power consuming but nice to throw as the first heal and then switch to the level 33 one.

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
sweet means a helluva lot less power usage tbh

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
I tried my uber lvl 7 snare a few times last night. It actually worked a couple of times. I am currently 42e 33r... but I am tempted to lower both and get some smite.

Anyone have an actual interesting tri-spec instead of jokes ? :p

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Do note that the PBAE snare also gives people root immunity, so if you use it alot don't whine that the Sorc won't root the pet/tank on you because he won't be able to anymore ;)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Andrilyn said:
Well "most" Clerics these days have either the level 3 or the level 7 Mez, I've tried both specs and I can count on 1 hand the times the mez actually landed on grey pets or anything for that matter.
Spending MoF just for the PBAE mez is not viable aswell as you cannot spam it therefor if it doesn't land in the first cast you won't land it during that fight and a waste of points and Clerics got nothing else they need MoF for other than the PBAE mez/snare.

MoFocus also greatly benefits your shear-spells. I seem to remember getting quite abit of resists on the shears on my druid, and when watching that Glaston movie from cleric-PoV i noticed the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom