Next Patch after DR, Which shall it be?

What would you prefer as the next patch on EU servers after DR goes live?

• Break the cycle and Patch Directly to 1.81

Votes: 136 72.0%
  • Follow the rutine and Patch to 1.81 + 1.82

Votes: 53 28.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Oh no! Another poll!

Anyways, what do you think should be the next patch after Darkness Rising is released?

We have in the past observed that GoA have taken up of releasing two patches at the same time. Furthermore, it appears like a rule that they never patches unless Mythic is at least one patch ahead on the live American servers.

So, with this in mind we can expect 1.81+1.83 to go live no sooner than 1.83 have gone live on American servers. Hence, I doubt this will be no sooner than the middle of April at best.

An alternative would be to patch directly to 1.81 when 1.82 goes live on American servers. That should supposedly happen late Februar according to a Grab Bag.

What would you prefer?

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
imo GOA have to get out 1.81 as soon as possible as when DR comes out (like end of feb) - this would be used to attract more people into the game.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
1.81 is so big (change wise) I bet they won't merge it with any other patch anyway.

Tuorin

Fledgling Freddie
Really hope 1.81 ships asap so hero plays! Not interested in the pve bit!

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
please... do a last minute merge between the DR patches and 1.81... or sooner even. the sooner the better :D

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
get 1.81 out ASAP imo so i can play DAoC again soon (read my sig :p )

Jimmyjr

Fledgling Freddie
merge 1.81 with 1.82 and bring it out when they can, 1.81 changes suck. make the pve side of the game boring :<

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
i was hoping they would give us 1.81 with the DR release...i doubt it though. If not i would rather have 1.81 very soon after the DR release.

snushanen

Fledgling Freddie
givf 1.81 as soon as possible imo, would be better for whole the game but if GOA whants to lay one patch behind the americans then rush on with 1.82 and 1.83 on teh US :p

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Wait for 1.82 and see what it does to balance out some of the things in 1.81, like the rp scoring system.

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Theres no "server will get corrupted wipping over half the character's items, and thus causing a 4 month delay on the patches" option :(

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Giv 1.81 so stealthers arn't the only ones who can climb inside keeps!

God that's going to be fun:)

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
brad said:
Giv 1.81 so stealthers arn't the only ones who can climb inside keeps!

God that's going to be fun:)

Sure that can be fun but you can prolly only do it when someone is doing a keepraid ! ;)
Since I wanne see you climb inside with purp gaurds around and not having stealth? :p

Anyway bring on 1.81 asap

Gamah

Banned
that keep climing for tanks is stupid, casters will knock you off in seconds, and you cant testudo fall damage ^^

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
aye.. the fun with climbing in keeps with my inf is that i can get inside, noone sees me, and pa soloers/xbow kill buffbots.. but armsmen will be hunted down by guardsmen in a sec :\ so it will only be usable at sieges i guess - but every siege contains defending ae casters :\

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
1.81 as fast as humanly possible for the TOA and heavy tank changes. The sooner we get people back to the real servers from Glastonsilly the better.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
it'll probably depend on mythic - however given 1.82 has an ETA on the US servers of mid-february that means GOA won't be gtting the files for a few weeks after that when it's deemed stable enough. Waiting a week or two to roll two patches together probably makes sense given how much testing etc. is involved, waiting a month isn't :)

I'd imagine 1.81 will be next but who knows.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
it'll probably depend on mythic - however given 1.82 has an ETA on the US servers of mid-february that means GOA won't be gtting the files for a few weeks after that when it's deemed stable enough. Waiting a week or two to roll two patches together probably makes sense given how much testing etc. is involved, waiting a month isn't :)

I'd imagine 1.81 will be next but who knows.

The thing is, they have never put US and EU on the same patch level. It seems deliberate and I think it's part of their contract.

Hence, we won't see 1.82 until 1.83 is released. That is unlikely to happen until April, at best.

Tilda

You again ignore the obvious evidence of mythis mark jacobs speaking in germany saying the patch gap was the US's fault and is something they want to change.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
I wish 1.81 could be launched a day after the DR launch, or even at the same time :(

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
You again ignore the obvious evidence of mythis mark jacobs speaking in germany saying the patch gap was the US's fault and is something they want to change.

Again? Which other thread did I ignore it in?

But, since you are so informational, provide a link and go troll somewhere else Tilda.

Tilda

Azathrim said:
Again? Which other thread did I ignore it in?

But, since you are so informational, provide a link and go troll somewhere else Tilda.

Q: You mentioned that the european version of DR will be released a couple months after US. Whas Mythics position about the rather large delay between EU and US patches and are there any actions planned to reduce those delays?

A: The delay is obviously rather long. But we´re the ones to blame here, not GoA. The reason is, that our translation tools are not the best. We´re doing our best to accelerate the process or translation and aim to reduce the gap between EU and US to one month (it´s 3-4 months currently). We´re working together with GoA to smoothen the process of localization. We´re aware that it´s frustrating and got a bad concience about that.

Stated as translation here: https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=169606&highlight=interview

and the original here: http://www.gamona.de/index.php?sektion=artikel&id=588

:m00:

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
To be honest, i can see where having the delay is actually an advantage in some respects, but if it is it is rarely noticed.

If we have a delay of a week or two it gives the US servers a chance to weed out any bugs and stuff that can only be found when it's run live. Sadly, as human nature is to moan about the bad stuff and just accept the good stuff in silence, we never see the decent side of this, just the bugs that haven't been ironed out.

I maybe wrong - do the EU devs get a chance to tweak patches before they go live, in response to information from the US? Do the US tweak the patches before they send em over? I dunno, but whichever way it is, i prefer to look at the US players as guinea pigs for us - the real players ;) heh!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Rediknight said:
I maybe wrong - do the EU devs get a chance to tweak patches before they go live, in response to information from the US? Do the US tweak the patches before they send em over? I dunno, but whichever way it is, i prefer to look at the US players as guinea pigs for us - the real players ;) heh!

We get the stable versions - e.g. the 1.80 we get is the one frm a month after DR release which has got around the "number of abilities" cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom