Next generation CPU's?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Honza said:
I think in secret military instalation you would find quantum-based computers so high tech we could hardly run it.

Trust me, when they develop quantum computers everyone will know about it. They will break 'unbreakable' encryption in the blink of an eye, of course the Governments will try keep it all top secret but the giveaway will be a huge amount of high profile arrests in a short space of time. The outcome of quantum computers will be so huge that the effects can't be masked, pedos/terrorists/drug dealers/arms dealers/fraudsters will be the first and then the goverments will start using it to snoop on the encrypted emails of ordinary citizens like you and I.

Kalid

Fledgling Freddie
Honza said:
In fact MS-DOS 6.22 was most stabile system ever. I really understand why they stand with it so long.
OFC, what u speak about is general military stuff. Special hall computers no doubt run on operating system you will never hear about and run applications that you will never see (which is pity, I'd really like to peek just from curiosity ;-))

The problem isn't DOS or the applications reliabilities, they did the work they were supposed to do. Problem is/was it took too long time to do it when they were linked up with satellite links.

Honza

Fledgling Freddie
cHodAX said:
Trust me, when they develop quantum computers everyone will know about it. They will break 'unbreakable' encryption in the blink of an eye, of course the Governments will try keep it all top secret but the giveaway will be a huge amount of high profile arrests in a short space of time. The outcome of quantum computers will be so huge that the effects can't be masked, pedos/terrorists/drug dealers/arms dealers/fraudsters will be the first and then the goverments will start using it to snoop on the encrypted emails of ordinary citizens like you and I.
Trust me, there already are experimental quantum computers working (was part of one of my exams; nearest one is in Curych), although there are still extreme troubles how to work with such machine - still with copying classic bit in binary computer you get same bit. Copying bit in quantum computer can give you in fact both values 0 and 1. And, just for interpretation of results that came from qcomp you need really uber binary computer. So it is not so simple ;p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom