Next Full Exp for DAoC

M

minstrel_kyra

Holy cow that sounds like fun!!! I can't wait :)

M

mannschaft

Hmm.....I repeat: hmmm...can this really be anything within the Mytholohy we are getting so used to? Don't think so, nope.

I for one will settle for an RvR expansion.

C

Cavex ElSaviour

this real real or just some dude doing alot of trouble to have fun with the daoc players?

S

speshneeds

looks real enough... IP is almost identical for those 2 servers...

O

Ocond

Hmmm, looks okay, but I think its just another desperate attempt from mythic trying to innovate and keep ppl playing. This add on will take the whole idea of Camelot out or perspective and will add something that I feel is totally irrelevant.

The master lvls seem a good idea though, and the gfx update will be welcome, however some ppl (not myself) run daoc on slow machines, isn’t this going to deem the add on unplayable on lower specced comps?

I think all they have to do is put the maximum level to like 65 or something, and make it hard to reach 65, that will keep us suckers occupied.

I don’t think the game needs any more crap and ca-bootle added to it, the game is hardly the daoc I can remember anymore anyway, this will only make things worse.

heh, anything for a dollar eh mythic?

O

Ocond

and i've gone and posted in the wrong albion...woohoo

<<----N00b ;)

S

Sharma

Originally posted by Ocond
and i've gone and posted in the wrong albion...woohoo

<<----N00b ;)

discussion forums so wha the hell :)

C

cadiva

Originally posted by Ocond
Hmm. This add on will take the whole idea of Camelot out or perspective and will add something that I feel is totally irrelevant.

Not necessarily the case.

Some Athurian legends use the lost land of Atlantis as a mythical reference point from which Merlin came.

Stephen Donaldson, in his Pendragon Quintet, puts forward a very valid argument and, incidentally a damn fine read, on how Atlantis fits into the mythology surrounding Arthur.

People should maybe forget the dreadful Disney interpretation of Atlantis and go look up some of its deeper history.

Nice website here with an explanation of how Atlantis fits into ancient British mythology/history etc

Traditions of Atlantis

S

SoulFly Amarok

º Master Levels, a new advancement system that teaches your character new abilities, spells, combat styles, and much more

WHAT IS?! :E

J

Jenkz

heh, we now have to level to 50, get enough RRs to get the RAs your character needs, and now more levels :eek:

E

Edaudric

I'm not looking forward to it.
It's Dark Age of Camelot, not Dark Age of Atlantis.

I just don't see how Atlantis can have anything to do with Great Britain and Scandinavia.

Something new in RvR would be something to look at.

However, I'm not enlightened enough about this so I can't really state my opinion yet.

M

mcirvine

Atlantis = desperate attempt to make mastery of water usefull?

Looking forward to it tho, new zones are always fun. Still enjoying exploring the new SI zones

T

the_smurflord

Originally posted by Edaudric
Something new in RvR would be something to look at.

Just to clear up some confusion that I've heard around a lot.

Q2 2003 - DAOC: Foundations - Introduces player housing, free download

Q3 2003 - RVR expansion (name to be confirmed) - complete overhaul of the RvR system, free download.

Q4 2003 - DAOC: Trials of Atlantis - new zones, races, PvE content, gfx engine, etc, retail product. this year's SI

Expect GOA to get these done 2-3 months after US release.

S

Sharma

Originally posted by SoulFly Amarok
º Master Levels, a new advancement system that teaches your character new abilities, spells, combat styles, and much more

WHAT IS?! :E

Just imagine soulfly, new chants and an uber long slam :X

T

Turamber

Mmmm ... to be honest it looks kinda rubbish :mad:

S

Spinky

Originally posted by Turamber
Mmmm ... to be honest it looks kinda rubbish :mad:

Doesn't actually look like anything yet, nobody outside of Mythic knows what any of the stuff is they're including ^^

O

ormorof

Yes, you must have the original game as well as the Shrouded Isles expansion pack in order to play Trials of Atlantis. This is an expansion pack, not a stand-alone product.

definetly a money grubbing scheme :p

T

Turamber

Originally posted by Spinky
Doesn't actually look like anything yet, nobody outside of Mythic knows what any of the stuff is they're including ^^

Look at the quality of the site ... tat. The myth of Atlantis has nothing to do with Arthurian legends ... tat. Looks like they're ripping off ideas from newer MMORPG's to save their customer base ... understandable but still not good.

S

Spinky

The website looks functional to me as a medium for info about the expansion, i agree about the atlantis thing, doesn't fit with mythology of norse/irish/briton mythology, but hey, suppose their logic was Atlantis > water > boats, weyhey crackerjack.

T

the_smurflord

Originally posted by Qte Eth
can only say $_$

Funny, they seem to be under the impression they are a business in a competitive market, not a charitable organisation to keep people like you entertained for the sheer honour of it.

S

Sharma

next ones gonna be like Tales of the pharoahs or something :rolleyes:

O

old.GeForce

Albion only expansions?-

Bob goes to the beach
Bob goes to market
Bob goes to Evul Caves
Bob goes to Bobernia

P.S. Mythic! don't steal my ideas :(

S

skar_ironfist

Of course the add on is about money, if they don't make money, then they aren't a viable company.

It allows them to update the gfx engine and provide new content, above and beyond that which we receive in normal patches. Remember the gfx engine is not written by mythic and updates have to be purchased from NDL.

I don't understand is what the problem is with having atlantis, as a gentleman earlier said, it can fit in nicely to albion legend.

It is an under water realm, which would suit the purposes of an add on. Every one knows about altantis, so it is easy to identify with.

Why don't we wait till we have more details. Which I am sure will be forthcoming next week at E3.

F

Falcon

Question is with all the new MMORPGs appearing over next few months will anyone still be around to care?
What, those same MMORPGs that have been apparently appearing over the next few months for the last 18months and still haven't arrived :p ?

Don't get me wrong, I think Mythic are a pretty shite developer, but at the same time there's really nothing to compete directly with DAoC right now. UO is ancient and coming apart at the seams, would need a complete re-write to compare. EQ has sod all player vs player encounter opportunities.

DAoC is the only PvP focussed Medeaval MMORPG that's working right now, beleive me I've looked around for new games to play, and I've been looking for 6months now, DAoC's the best we've got right now and will be for a lot of months yet at least IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread