next expansion details

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
I foresee...

mucho whine about the new instachamberlifetapping triplewielding heavy tank with banelord rev2 created to make ppl reroll mid.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
bump

should get some details about the next expansion sometime next week :)

:m00:

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
I predict a lot of whine, followed by several flames, FH bans and follow-up whine.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
I predict mids getting a new stupid overpowert class like they have gotten the last 2 times :D other then that some new cool toys for rvr an pve :D

an maybe some scout love :)

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
more expansions....
feels like
Kitten_ball.jpg

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
I dont think they will add more classes this time.

Hopefully from whats been said previously in interviews, we'll see some additions/improvements to RvR.

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Ryuno said:
I dont think they will add more classes this time.

Hopefully from whats been said previously in interviews, we'll see some additions/improvements to RvR.

Iirc they said the players want new classes so there is a chance that there will be new classes in the expansion.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Mids get a class that can insta kill anything, mids will say it's balanced, class will be nerfed hardcore few months later.
Hibs get a class that can exploit keeps/siege area's, people will whine but it won't get nerfed (much).
Albs get a hardcore PvE class, nobody want's it in a RvR group.

That's my prediction.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Paladins RR5 is a ML9 cabalist pet for 12 days, when you log off it kills on its own and collects the rp's for you.

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
what i hope: midgard get a petspam class
What i get: a 3rd support class with like nukes and styles and..and...a staff! :p (aka friar) ^^

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Basic_X said:
what i hope: midgard get a petspam class
What i get: a 3rd support class with like nukes and styles and..and...a staff! :p (aka friar) ^^

there was speculation that it could be a class called beast master, yu never know...

:m00:

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Quite balanced as it is now

They said to make paladins and valewalkers more desirable in rvr

What a load of cack, every alb group runs with a paladin and on classic, most hib groups run with a valewalker

Varmuus

One of Freddy's beloved
Thadius said:
most hib groups run with a valewalker

We do, do we? Maybe I've been running with wrong groups, but IMO VWs really aren't that common as you suggest.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
So what, the new class will be the same for all three realms? :eek6: At least thats how i read it. I Wonder what it could be that would fit in them all.

Mey

Part of the furniture
It's clearly a Jedi class.. o wait wrong game..

I reckon to fit in with the lore of the 3 realms its going to have to be a fairly open class, you can just see its going to be either a meele class (mercenary like - if working for the three realms) or some kind caster that is self taught rather than taught in the mage schools. (in that it uses the ground or something)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I think whatever it will be, it will have some buffs (maybe just specs) or some soft of basic healing

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Whatever it is, it will have to be good. Which means it will get a slot in an RVR group.

Very clever tbh, it means no one can moan about the other realm having something they don't !!!

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
SkarIronfist said:
Very clever tbh, it means no one can moan about the other realm having something they don't !!!

lets turn daoc into wow!!!!

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Mythic said:
They plan to launch the expansion on their 5 year anniversary later this year.

At this time, they’re actually ramping up development on DAoC again. New hires are coming their way. The expansion will be distributed online, while there will also hopefully be a retail bundled edition DVD.

In the immediate future, 1.84 will see the first few tradeskill changes. Their goal is to make it more user-friendly to start. Then, this fall, they’ll make large changes so that it is fun and useful. That said, they’re intensely aware that they do not want to invalidate the work done by others in the old system.

The 1.84 patch is also being used to clean up a lot of little things. For example, the class changes they’ve done recently are being revisited again to add and fix a little more.

They also plan to focus in on bolts. There is a lot of talk about them and Mythic worries they’re not being used as intended and are having a detrimental effect on RvR. As it finally reached the top of their balance heap, they’re thinking of changing it so bolts only fail when cast on someone already involved in hand-to-hand melee combat. They want them to be an opening gambit, a long range RvR strike. They’re not supposed to be used close up. However, some view them as too hard to use and, as such, refinements must be made.

Hmmm

P

Pretarded

Thadius said:
Quite balanced as it is now

They said to make paladins and valewalkers more desirable in rvr

What a load of cack, every alb group runs with a paladin and on classic, most hib groups run with a valewalker
You can't really run without endurance if its a tank grp. Paladin is ok char, dont get me wrong, but he is in a group only for endurance. Any other tank would do all the other stuff he does better than him if it wasnt for end. imho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom