Next day takeaway

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Other night I was ratted and had Kebab and a few peices of chicken and couldn't finish the Keabab off. Whilst putting it in the microwave for next day as I often do, I was looked at as if I were some neolithic throwback

I find Kebabs or any takeaway for that matter tastes a whole lot better the next day. Granted you might have a mouth like Pharohs jockstrap afterwards but go for it I say

So, the question is would you a take away the next day

a) Yes I would, it ages like a good port. Gout for the win.

or

b) No, It is a disgsusting practice and should be binned when you can't finish it.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I may do that with pizza, but something like a kebab? are you mad? the only reason I eat the things is because I'm off my head at the time, but one that's been allowed to congeal and then re-heated? no frigging way :puke:

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
I'm really anal about eating reheated food. I can't even visit a buffet if its been there for more than 2 hours. I remember an episode of 911 Lifesavers where they said about how dodgy buffets get after being out for a while.

The worst thing is when you're a kid and you waste your dinner, and you parents put clingfilm over it for later. Especially when its mashed potato. :(

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
No way I'd reheat a kebab, I agree with Teddles, they're only worth eating when you're pissed anyway.

On the other hand our local chinese does such big portions that there's always enough left over for lunch the next day, and I've no problems at all reheating that. I do have to get it piping hot first though.

RB

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Rubber Bullets said:
No way I'd reheat a kebab, I agree with Teddles, they're only worth eating when you're pissed anyway.

On the other hand our local chinese does such big portions that there's always enough left over for lunch the next day, and I've no problems at all reheating that. I do have to get it piping hot first though.

RB

Rice is supposedly dodgy reheated especially in a Microwave. Something to do with the bacteria multiplying at a massive rate between certain tempratures

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
fs Ash, now I'm no longer nuking my left-over spring rolls either :eek:

taB

Part of the furniture
Had Friday night's Chinese for breakfast & lunch on Saturday as there was so much left, so in general am not bothered about revisiting the takeouts.

Kebabs however have to be put in a separate category. If I've been sloshed enough to have one, the excess is usually on the floor or down the sofa anyways, not clingfilmed and put in the fridge!

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Reheated rice is the easy way to catch salmonella :puke:

The moral of this thread is...

Eat your take aways cold

Chilly

Balls of steel
fucking hell, what a load of ponces you are. "boo hoo it might have germs in it" who gives a fuck. If you ATE it your immune system would get ultra-strong and keep you safe. Only the relatively rare things like e-coli and salmanello will actually do you over.

Damn right I eat re-heated kebab!

In fact my favourite was a cheseburger I got the previous night, didnt touch it and ate it cold next morning - it was godlike. Cheese was perfect....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Used to reheat pizza in the morning all the time. Done a few chinese's, but don't think I'd trust a kebab. Christ, in Luton, I don't think I'd have trusted a kebab when freshly cooked :)

Tilda

I wouldnt reheat a kebab, but I'd reheat a curry/pizza :D

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
may aswell eat pizza cold.

there isnt enough nutritional stuff in it to allow bacteria to grown on it.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Ash said:
I find Kebabs or any takeaway for that matter tastes a whole lot better the next day.

That's quite probably true; when my mum is entertaining and cooking a large family meal (such as Chile, Lamb Curry etc) she always makes it the night before and lets it stand overnight in the fridge. It always tastes better that way, more flavour.

She reckons it's something to do with the meat soaking up the flavour or whatever else is in the mixture.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Big G said:
That's quite probably true; when my mum is entertaining and cooking a large family meal (such as Chile, Lamb Curry etc) she always makes it the night before and lets it stand overnight in the fridge. It always tastes better that way, more flavour.

She reckons it's something to do with the meat soaking up the flavour or whatever else is in the mixture.

I think the correct term is marinating. :p

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I never re-heat anything.

But then I always eat every bit of it first time :)

lilmissnaughty

Fledgling Freddie
i have a cast iron stomach.
can an will eat yesterdays takeaway with no ill effects.
no matter what it was.
dont always bother reheating it, dont always bother refridgerating it overnight(chicken/seafood always goes in the fridge cos it goes funny so quick)

Chilly

Balls of steel
lilmissnaughty said:
i have a cast iron stomach.
can an will eat yesterdays takeaway with no ill effects.
no matter what it was.
dont always bother reheating it, dont always bother refridgerating it overnight(chicken/seafood always goes in the fridge cos it goes funny so quick)
my kind of girl. fancy a bin raiding session later?

lilmissnaughty

Fledgling Freddie
Chilly said:
my kind of girl. fancy a bin raiding session later?
lol in teh student days my sis used to have a guy that lived in her flat that used to binraid food from everyone elses takeaways when he got in drunk.
he was a scouser.
so prolly not suprising:p

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Probably not kebabs, but I usually have left over takeaways the next day.

gmloki

Part of the furniture
I asked my mate if he ate stuff that was a few days old. He claims to have eaten a four day old Kebab. "its ok it was in the fridge" :puke:

Chilly

Balls of steel
even I might reconsider a four day old kebab. And I've got plumbing of steel.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Pizzas and noodle-based Chinese food yes, everything else, no. Especially Kebabs. I once woke up covered in kebab after I fell asleep eating it in bed. Never really had the taste for them after that...

Curry would probably be alright as curry is a preservative in its own right (it was invented to make indifferent or downright bad meat edible in the first place).

leggy

Probably Scottish
I'm fairly certain there's a difference between preservative and 'hides the taste of rotting lamb corpse'.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I wouldn't eat a kebab or curry straight out the oven.

Horrible excuse for food.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
DaGaffer said:
Pizzas and noodle-based Chinese food yes, everything else, no. Especially Kebabs. I once woke up covered in kebab after I fell asleep eating it in bed. Never really had the taste for them after that...

Curry would probably be alright as curry is a preservative in its own right (it was invented to make indifferent or downright bad meat edible in the first place).
Between this and your TV post, I'm starting to wonder if you should get yourself checked for Narcolypsy ;)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Whipped said:
Between this and your TV post, I'm starting to wonder if you should get yourself checked for Narcolypsy ;)

I didn't start that tv thread, I'm not 'screen burn' boy. Having said that, you're probably right; I can fall asleep stood up. I once fell asleep into my dinner, in a restaurant, at a business meal. God I'm an impressive businessman :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom