News!

S

svartmetall

Yay!

(rushes off to log lvl 50 char)

- thanks for the heads-up, I'm far too heavy metal to actually read GOA's site.

F

Flimgoblin

http://camelot-europe.goa.com/news/newsarticle.php3?id_article=1313

This summer (July, August), we had a "discover Dark Age of Camelot" operation going on in France. You could play on a special server called Lothian during this operation and explore Dark Age of Camelot. The results were very satisfying and we decided to renew this operation but for English public this time by opening Lothian for about 2 months, starting on the 16th of October. All the details regarding this operation involving a partnership with PC zone will be published at a later date.

ooooh :) advertising! or rather mmocrack-dealing with "first try free" :)

E

Elric IA

Discover Dark Age of Camelot :

This summer (July, August), we had a "discover Dark Age of Camelot" operation going on in France. You could play on a special server called Lothian during this operation and explore Dark Age of Camelot. The results were very satisfying and we decided to renew this operation but for English public this time by opening Lothian for about 2 months, starting on the 16th of October. All the details regarding this operation involving a partnership with PC zone will be published at a later date.

They should have done this 18 months ago and who knows we might have had the 3rd server. Mind you better late than never

S

svartmetall

Well I know quite a few new players coming into the game...we'll beat Everquest yet :p

A

Archeon

Bah, i wanted /level 30 on Alb/Pyr (really, its not because thats the realm i play there :D)

Oh well, guess i'l have no choice but to lvl my Pally to 30 and kick the asses of all the cannon fodder in free armour ;)

O

old.Nim

I'd like to wholeheartedly congratulate GOA for doing this marketing thing in the UK. I hope it goes very well.

Yes, they could have done it a while ago, but I'm just glad it's being done. Made me extremely happy, I must say - best news in ages from my point of view.

O

old.linnet

I think the news about opening the demo server in English is great!

And for those of us who already play but wanted to try a third realm on a non PvP server in English, it gives us 2 months to go and explore it (and maybe help out some of the real newbies if they aren't total gits) ;) Maybe not an actual 3rd English server, but having it for 2 months is the next best thing IMO.

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by old.Nim
I'd like to wholeheartedly congratulate GOA for doing this marketing thing in the UK. I hope it goes very well.

Yes, they could have done it a while ago, but I'm just glad it's being done. Made me extremely happy, I must say - best news in ages from my point of view.
And I'd actually rather come into game like this when there was a 'hierarchy' of players and Guilds already in place, then into an empty Realm populated only by other level 1s.

This way it's more like growing up in a society, then a mass race to see who can hit 50 first.

L

-Lonewolf-

I may knock em all the time but when they do good...hell...

Nice one GOA :clap:

A

asorek

wow....im totally aghast!! how can this be true??

omfg GOA doing marketing AND Advertising?

holy shit..what next..realm balance? :great:

M

Meerclar

great news
.....but......
what is this about newt week?
is it anything like national chip day but where we eat amphibians instead?

A

angra-mainyu

I've always been surprised by the lack of advertising of daoc in the UK.

Considering its one of the biggest mmorpgs in the world you think you would see the odd ad here and theres but theres never anything about it at all.

When I tried to buy a new copy a few months ago no shop that I went into had it and didnt plan on getting any copies in (got it online eventually).

Would be nice to see a whole bunch of new people in-game too.

Maybe help make things a bit fresher.

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by angra-mainyu
I've always been surprised by the lack of advertising of daoc in the UK.
This is an understatement :) Here in sweden i've seen about 3 ads for Daoc in computer mags, well saw a article about the hacking, that looked like a better ad, than any of the other.

Users who are viewing this thread