News News International back tracks again on phone hacking

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Now admiting limited liability in the face of an investigative onslaught. They know if the truth comes out (and as suggested over 200 people have had thier phones hacked) then News International is facing court costs and payouts in the hundreds of millions of pounds.

Phone hacking: NI to apologise to victims including Sienna Miller | Media | guardian.co.uk

Loving seeing the fuckers eat humble pie, now we need to go after Mirror group and all the other twats who have been breaking the law to get stories because believe me it isn't just News International who have been at this.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
hopefully that shit rag ceases to exist and all involved never get employed ever again

if only the same happened to the Daily Mail, Mail on Sunday, The Sun, The Mirror and a few others, the press in this country might start holding a bit of respect

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Nobody should accept out of court settlements for this, they should all pursue it. It's not as if many of them need the money!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
hopefully that shit rag ceases to exist and all involved never get employed ever again

if only the same happened to the Daily Mail, Mail on Sunday, The Sun, The Mirror and a few others, the press in this country might start holding a bit of respect

They are all implicated to one degree or another bud, we just need the dam to crack and those floodgates will open, this practice has been rampant in the print media for a decade or so.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Yeah it's pretty ridiculous that all the daily rags are going nuts about it given that they have all been doing it.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I hope the bastards get crucified.

Tabloids in this country are just rags.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I hope the bastards get crucified.

Tabloids in this country are just rags.

Yep, I stick to my local papers mostly now and the occasional broadsheet if I need something heavier.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, don't know much about the issue at hand, but seems someone did a booboo, got caught and now pays candymoney. Alls well then :p

Though the anti-tabloid thing is so ironic when it's on the internet.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Anyone watch the 10 o'clock live where they interviewed Lord(Doesn't feel right calling him a lord, hes a legend really.. osoo ) Legend Prescott and some scruffy guy who was former journalist from News of the World, basically, this journalist was wearing a undone tie, undone shirt, and a really old tatty jacket, and Prescott, being a self respecting politican, looked good(for what he is) and the NotW was supporting phone tapping, but Prescott and the audience slaughtered him, it was so funny.

Found a clip for it ! :D

10 O'Clock Live - Clips - Phone Hacking - Channel 4

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Prescott's great in an argument, he knows his stuff and he wins hands down everytime in these sorts of interviews

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone watch the 10 o'clock live where they interviewed Lord(Doesn't feel right calling him a lord, hes a legend really.. osoo ) Legend Prescott and some scruffy guy who was former journalist from News of the World, basically, this journalist was wearing a undone tie, undone shirt, and a really old tatty jacket, and Prescott, being a self respecting politican, looked good(for what he is) and the NotW was supporting phone tapping, but Prescott and the audience slaughtered him, it was so funny.

Found a clip for it ! :D

10 O'Clock Live - Clips - Phone Hacking - Channel 4

The arguments used by the journalist were absolutely horrible. He would get absolutely squashed in a proper debate about this topic.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
The arguments used by the journalist were absolutely horrible. He would get absolutely squashed in a proper debate about this topic.

I know.

your all corrupt so it's fine for us to do illegal stuff to prove it to the world.

what a dumbass

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Sure you would. No drawn out legal process. Plenty of news coverage (show me an actress who doesn't like her name splashed over the news and I'll show you a pig from Peru called Silvester with two masters degrees and a PhD in astro-physics). All she's suffered is loss of her phone privacy (big whoop). And she gets an immediate £100K in your a/c.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Sure you would. No drawn out legal process. Plenty of news coverage (show me an actress who doesn't like her name splashed over the news and I'll show you a pig from Peru called Silvester with two masters degrees and a PhD in astro-physics). All she's suffered is loss of her phone privacy (big whoop). And she gets an immediate £100K in your a/c.

No mate, she has been fighting this for 3 years now and is taking a pittance compared to what Clifford took. It just doesn't make sense to fight so hard for so long and then settle for an amount far less than others even though she suffered far more than the others. If she just wanted coverage she could have easily got that just showing off skin to paps, what she really wanted was for them to admit they broke privacy laws but in settling for this very low amount she is all but letting them off as it now sets a scale for which the rest will be compensated and the scale is far too low for the intrusion they suffered.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
perhaps she's just fed up with the whole thing, cba with it anymore, and just wants an end to it then...?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
perhaps she's just fed up with the whole thing, cba with it anymore, and just wants an end to it then...?

Could be. I am just sad that they are going to get off lightly, those bastards made millions perhaps billions off the suffering of others, would have been nice to see the shoe on the other foot.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Missing Milly Dowler's voicemail was hacked by News of the World | UK news | The Guardian

The messages were deleted by journalists in the first few days after Milly's disappearance in order to free up space for more messages. As a result friends and relatives of Milly concluded wrongly that she might still be alive. Police feared evidence may have been destroyed.

Just when you thought News of the World couldn't get any more despicable. And come Sunday it'll still be the most sold paper in the country \o/

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
fucking hell thats pretty low. surely thats also tampering with evidence of an ongoing criminal investigation.

The NoTW should be thrown to the wolves for this, no excuses.

its a rag.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
News International should be held accountable IMO. Targetting the paper is small time. Break up the monopoly that kills a free (ish) press in the west.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
this is all pointless

should be ? - definately
WILL be ? - you are having a fucking laugh

move along, nothing to see here

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Nobody should accept out of court settlements for this, they should all pursue it. It's not as if many of them need the money!

And there's the rub. The rags have a lot of shit on rich people that would change our opinions of them - so they don't want to go to court.

Giggs. Outstanding footballer. Who really gives a fuck about that now everyone knows he fucked his own brother's missus eh?

But:
News International should be held accountable IMO. Targetting the paper is small time.

This.

The conservatives are going to be handing murdock the keys in 4 days time...

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
sickening isnt it.

its gonna be discussed during pm's questions tomorrow and i hope they throw the fucking book at news international.

somebody needs to go to prison for a long time, and murdock needs to admit some sorts of involvement in this.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
somebody needs to go to prison for a long time, and murdock needs to admit some sorts of involvement in this.

He could piss in the queens mouth at a state banquet and he wouldn't be charged.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Is lying to a parlimentary commitee a crime?

BBC News - Phone-hacking police meet murdered Soham girls' parents

Looks like that is exactly what Coulson did, on camera too. All seems to be unraveling for NoTW now thankfully. Looks like they went after one of the days of Holly and Jessica as well, evil bastards they are and Brooks/Coulson knew exactly what was happening.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
7/7 victims families as well.. they have no fucking shame

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom