News from GOA regarding the lag

Gamah

Banned
Replaced a router, next time maybe they can replace the one thats broken :D?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
another router broken? i must buy some shares in router manufacturers, with the amount of money going thier way from goa i could make a killing.

Tilda

It was Wanadoo not GOA who replaced the router.

duact

Fledgling Freddie
still unplayable due to chain ld's and lag, group logged for fourth night in a row coz of this. QQ

Rellik

Fledgling Freddie
keep spamming them with traceroutes and random whines so they fix this shit allready :(

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
Do note that the "this morning" in the news refers to last friday. Requiel probably handed in his proposal for this newspost Friday afternoon. It took GoA about 2 days of holding meetings and discussions deciding whether or not this post was acceptable to be considered as a draft for a possible newspost.

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Well put the old router back - no change :( Hope they kept the receipt for the new one :)

Omega

Fledgling Freddie
I just LD'd and thats the first one tonight (four times yesterday) after 30min of play. Ok so it was a largish fight around Crau but still all i can say is ...WTF!?!!? is going on... not happy after three years you would have though these issues would be long gone. I only know of one person who has had balls to quit and moved to america :worthy: seems to have been a good choice now. If only everyone would do that :eek6:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
the other way around i would say with the amount they are spending on routers...

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
It's still the same crap. No improvement at all. Also the "some players" that they talk about on the news, should be the whole fucken server!

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
On the vast history of DAOC lag events i havent seen GOA saying once it was their fault... always blaming partners :twak:

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
GOA is a daughter company of the same one that owns Wanadoo. That is the reason why we're on the Wanadoo network to begin with.

In reality Wanadoo and GOA are two seperate companies when it comes to network maintenance. GOA has to wait for Wanadoo to do the network maintenance just like everyone else.

The lag is annoying, and it makes RVRing pretty much impossible. I hope it gets fixed soon.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Vasconcelos said:
On the vast history of DAOC lag events i havent seen GOA saying once it was their fault... always blaming partners :twak:

Yeah bastards they should take blaim themselves even if it's not their fault!

Dumb french people actually blaiming the companies that are responsible for the lag.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Shanaia said:
Yeah bastards they should take blaim themselves even if it's not their fault!

Dumb french people actually blaiming the companies that are responsible for the lag.

Actually it is their fault since it's their partner's problem.

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:
Actually it is their fault since it's their partner's problem.
So, if your wife murders a man, you go to prison too because you are married to her?

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Yesterday high packet latency was INSIDE Goa Server Farm, so aye i blame em tbfh!

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:
GOA is a daughter company of the same one that owns Wanadoo. That is the reason why we're on the Wanadoo network to begin with.

In reality Wanadoo and GOA are two seperate companies when it comes to network maintenance. GOA has to wait for Wanadoo to do the network maintenance just like everyone else.

The lag is annoying, and it makes RVRing pretty much impossible. I hope it gets fixed soon.

Both companys are ownd ( No Pun inteded) by French Telecom.
But saying that the LD problem last time it occured nearly made me leave the game.

As for the LD issue this time , I haven't been online at home in 2 months , so i haven't had a change to get pissed off at it yet.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
It's the age old problem of a monopoly. There's no competition so it breeds total complacency.

Back when British Telecom had the 12-month long exclusivity right for ADSL in the UK, they went (in the space of that twelve months) from being the pioneering provider of super fast connectivity to being the only company in the world that had an ADSL link was slower than most people's old 56k slowdems.

I tell ya, when that monopoly ended everyone jumped ship and BT soon sorted their problems out to stop from losing every customer they had left.

Same with NTL when cable was cheaper than ADSL. Now it's about the same, and NTL tend to be pretty good whereas before they had no competition so it was shit.

It's a shame there weren't two companies to provide DAoC in the EU. Pretty sure they'd have kept a good level of service if they had any competition. ;|

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom