News, FINALLY

F

- Fedaykin -

burn them!

<edit>

what a crap excuse, we all know the servers crashed and they weren't even in the office. They "took" them down lol. What a crock of shit

A

Aloca

yea ok so when you take down a server you first just pull the plug a few times and let people log in again?

And ofc let some accounts be counted as already logged in..

FU goa :puke:

F

Flimgoblin

the LDs were network-wide and was the opentransit router.

it wasn't till later on that the server went down.

H

Herbal Remedy

albs didnt kill the server after all

:p

lets pick up where we left off albion

plan : war

F

Flimgoblin

hear hear :)

coulda done with a few more mids to kill mind you...

V

VodkaFairy

Go Herbal go, he's our man, if he can't do it no one can :m00:

Yes, im bored, etc.

stokbrood.jpg

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Burn those lame spineless Mids down to the ground.
And someone tell GoA to keep their crew at the office tonight. They will need to keep the servers running.
Regards, Glottis

A

Aloca

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
Burn those lame spineless Mids down to the ground.
And someone tell GoA to keep their crew at the office tonight. They will need to keep the servers running.
Regards, Glottis

Just put in a backup hamster

J

Jarrax

Rofl, as if goa had people working over the new year weekend. Load of bollocks. Server crashed and the monkeys didnt notice and/or care till today.

S

Sichama

Originally posted by Aloca
yea ok so when you take down a server you first just pull the plug a few times and let people log in again?

And ofc let some accounts be counted as already logged in..

FU goa :puke:

K

K0nah

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
coulda done with a few more mids to kill mind you...

was plenty mids cowering in mjollnir and fensalir ;)

A

alithiel50

"The affected English players will naturally be compensated for the lost playing time."

If, however, you are Spanish, Swedish, Norwegian, Belgian, Dutch, etc... you will not! :uhoh:

R

ReaLX

Originally posted by alithiel50
"The affected English players will naturally be compensated for the lost playing time."

If, however, you are Spanish, Swedish, Norwegian, Belgian, Dutch, etc... you will not! :uhoh:

I will really write a letter to GOA if they won't compensate lost time even if i'm not english, but do have characters on the server.

D

Driwen

with english players, they mean the people who play on the english servers (and probably use the english site of daoc for their subs).

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by ReaLX
I will really write a letter to GOA if they won't compensate lost time even if i'm not english, but do have characters on the server.

hahaha @ you taking that serious

they mean people with their active mains on english servers, duh ~_~

A

alithiel50

Originally posted by Driwen
with english players, they mean the people who play on the english servers (and probably use the english site of daoc for their subs).
Obviously...

I just thought it was interesting that they bothered to make any distinction at all.

Avalon also had problems, and is a German server. Does this mean that German players are not going to be compensated?

W

Wiro

Obviously...

I just thought it was interesting that they bothered to make any distinction at all.

Avalon also had problems, and is a German server. Does this mean that German players are not going to be compensated?

Don't those German servers have their own Goa-site-thingy? :)

A

alithiel50

Originally posted by Wiro
Don't those German servers have their own Goa-site-thingy? :)
Yes, but why do they specifically say English players? Why not just say that all players affected by the server problems on Excalibur and Avalon would be compensated?

Theres something going on... It's a conspiracy I tell you!

;)

Y

-yoda-

yey free day compensation which would work out at maybe less than 50p? :)

and i dont think they can compensate only english players. they IMO will have to compensate EVERYBODY whome has a char on Excal. wether it be a lvl1 or lvl50 .

cos they cant/wont imo check ALL characters to see which are active and are mains . theywill just give everyman and his dog a free day , which imo sucks. i'd be happier with 500g stuck in my inventory than 50p's worth of play time ;)

N

NoBrains

I wonder how "a" server like excalibur takes the others down making them shuting it down

Kinda wierd to me but ok I don't discuss poorly coded games :>

M

MesS°

Yes, but why do they specifically say English players? Why not just say that all players affected by the server problems on Excalibur and Avalon would be compensated?

Theres something going on... It's a conspiracy I tell you!

;)

hahaha firestarter... :p

N

noaim

If they took down the server on purpose because of technical problems, we would have known alot sooner. Thats a bigass lie imo, the server couldnt handle the pressure, they had no people in there in the weekend, simple as that.

N

Naewae

I have to say that GOA's excuse doesn't ring true. I had my necro at Goth ready to transfer some power pots to my fire wizzy (2 accts.) Heard about the RR, logged out my fire wizz and got my Pally to Odins. The game crashed. We all know this.

However my Necro was fine in Goth, I could log her out and log any character on the same account back in.

IMO Odins and Jamtland zones crashed cos of the load then the authentication servers crashed cos of the load of people trying to relog.

The rest of the game was running fine.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

GoA should have people also ready to help out in the weekend...
When do most people play?
It is just GoA being greedy :(
They don't have to be at the office all the weekend (would be ideal) but they do have to come in on sunday if the server goes down on saturday evening.
Regards, Glottis

A

angara-ffs

Originally posted by noaim
If they took down the server on purpose because of technical problems, we would have known alot sooner. Thats a bigass lie imo, the server couldnt handle the pressure, they had no people in there in the weekend, simple as that.

Lol, i think i never agreed with you.....but, this sounds about right to me :)

And, are Avalon and Excali on same machine? Cause why would avalon go down also? Doesn't make sense to me ;)

Users who are viewing this thread