Darkness Rising

Screens:

DR-10.jpg

DR-11.jpg

DR-12.jpg

DR-13.jpg

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Nice but the thing the firby is holding is starting to look a little too WOW / GW, lets hope they dont get carried away and forget that for the mostpart DAOC is scaled rather well.

keano

Fledgling Freddie
The axe looks very nice, the sword and mace type thing look really stupid though :eek7:

Solothores

Loyal Freddie
thanks to campino from daocpedia, we got new insights:

Some new information about champ weapons, source text was in german so bear with me:

- fianna can choose between spear, 1h and 2h weapon, all of them are antlered and "should" fit to the class in terms of looks. (no clue if they do differ for each damage type as well though)

- Weapons are >similar< (whatever this means) leveled as artifacts and develop stats/boni that suit the class. However they don't introduce anything new here and seem to rely on the toa boni that are already ingame. The champion weapon however, also features two special abilities, one is defined and class appropriate, the other can be >choosen< by player.

They showed new movie material (those got captured in shiny .mov format by campino and will be distributed on monday):

- one movie showing before/after stuff within Darkness Falls
- one movie showing various champ weapons, that seem to look killer according to visitors.

cheers
Solo

PS:
Don't forget - take it with a grain of salt, till the movies are released.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
that hero weapon just looks stupid :(

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!1

argh!!

have to lvl champweps??!?!?

ffs

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
QQ if its as artis tbh!!!!

/me pray that it wont be

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
hope champ weapons should how artifacts should have been where they level up and get stronger and don't decay. maybe mobs you level them on affects how they lvl up ie more resists/more proc/more str/more<insert another ability>

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
artifacts dont decay.... or well.. they still do on EU

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Nice, to be able to pick powers for your weapon. I'd like +100 damage Versus Hibs on my bow, please. ;D

Solothores

Loyal Freddie
Another information bit has surfaced, it seems that we will visit >all< of the old classic zones during champion questing... whatever this means. Furthermore, each of the five champ quests will roughly equall to the epic quests in terms of extent (currently bugging ppl to bug gm's more about details here)

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Ok levelling weapons again will be a pain in the ass, brand new template here I come :(

One plus point... Champ weapons = Glowies :)

Always had a soft spot for glowy weapons

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Wow xp one weapon! Not going to be too much of a problem tbh, unless you have 10 characters.

Looking forward to it tbh, always thought it was rather silly how the so called "epic" armour became far from epic :p

Oh and yes that Hero weapons looks ridiculous, great axe though :D

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
old.Whoodoo said:
Nice but the thing the firby is holding is starting to look a little too WOW / GW, lets hope they dont get carried away and forget that for the mostpart DAOC is scaled rather well.

sod scaled - givf HUUUUUGE glowy spear imo \o/

Solothores

Loyal Freddie
moep - we've got a new statement:

Mythic said:
PLEASE keep in mind people that this is VERY early information and VERY MUCH likely to change over the course of testing the expansion and based on beta tester feedback.

Couple of notes based on what has been said so far:

*** PS: Don't forget - take it with a grain of salt, till the movies are released.***

Even take anything in the movies with a grain of salt. Just because something makes it into one of our promotional movies doesn't mean it will make it through beta and into the final product.

- Weapons are >similar< (whatever this means) leveled as artifacts and develop stats/boni that suit the class. However they don't introduce anything new here and seem to rely on the toa boni that are already ingame. The champion weapon however, also features two special abilities, one is defined and class appropriate, the other can be >choosen< by player.****

Champion Weapons do NOT level like artifacts.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
if you play a champion i dont thnk you should have to do anything to get the wpn

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Champ weaps is sooo much fun for a bard, too bad I'll still have to run around with my harp...

At least I don't have to bother about getting one of those weaps and lvl'ing it...

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Edlina said:
Champ weaps is sooo much fun for a bard, too bad I'll still have to run around with my harp...

At least I don't have to bother about getting one of those weaps and lvl'ing it...

lol, maybe bards get a champion harp kida thing, :p would be funny

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom