News About Excalibur 2004 01 05

P

pihl

This news have been there from 2004 01 05

but it fall down due too a bug in a script.

here is as follows

Excalibur downtime
[2004-5-01]

On Saturday evening we encountered some technical problems with Excalibur and Avalon. We met the same problems on Stonehenge a few weeks ago, and to prevent it from escalating the two servers were taken down on Saturday evening.

We are currently working on getting the servers back up and running normally. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience this downtime may have caused, and the lack of information. The affected English players will naturally be compensated for the lost playing time.

Zargar

D

[DK]hakke

Originally posted by pihl
English players will naturally be compensated for the lost playing time.

Dejá Vú

W

wichtel

The affected English players will naturally be compensated for the lost playing time.

Zargar

How do you qualify to be in the group of 'affected english players'?
Have a char on Excal? Been born in England/having a UK passport? Your highest level char/highest number of 50th are on Excal? You bought the game in England? You eat ham 'n eggs for breakfast? ...?

Wichtel

S

svartmetall

It's disgusting that GOA couldn't find 2 minutes to TELL US ANYTHING about it...this has been the final straw for me with GOA, their endless technical inadequacies and insultingly inadequate "customer service". They need to be stripped of the DAOC licence, they have proven many times that they're not fit to run a MMORPG.

Apparently players on the Avalon server got a warning that the server was going to come down, but Excal players didn't deserve the same courtesy? If GOA took the servers down themselves on Saturday evening, as they claim, how come people were still playing Excal until 0100 Sunday morning? WHY could NOT ONE PERSON at that second-rate excuse for a game hosting company not have the common fucking decency and courtesy to keep us informed of the situation?

ONE post here, ONE post on the website...that's all it would take...but apparently even THAT is too much to expect from this bunch of cowboys.

And forgive me if I'm being cynical, but a problem that they were working on all that time since "Saturday evening" (see above) suddenly get solved about, oh, an hour after clocking-in time in France...? Hmm. Bit convenient if you ask me.

G

Gamzy

omg im tired of your endless bitching if they are that bad fuck off to another game or the US, and its ALWAYS the same points..tbh one time reading the same points is enough

T

the_fnord

On Saturday evening we encountered some technical problems with Excalibur and Avalon. We met the same problems on Stonehenge a few weeks ago, and to prevent it from escalating the two servers were taken down on Saturday evening.
Erm I logged off from Mid/exc about 4 am... was about 60-70 peeps on then.... and as a result of me loggin of properly and not goin LD, I couldn't log on at all all yesterday, and not this morning either when i tried... :(
I totally agree with Svart here aswell! GOA really need to learn how to treat the comunity with respect and inform us properly! (Can only speak for the english comunity, as I only play the english servers)

And Gamzy... Yes it is the same points, as it's always the same issues. Go figure. while your at it, have sum cheese. :p
Imo your the sodd here bitching about peeps bitching about beeing misstreated. No one forces you to read it! :p

F

Flimgoblin

probably didn't have anyone around who spoke good enough english, or more likely who both spoke english and had permission to post to the news section.

They shoulda called Zargar out from his drinking session/grandma's funeral/trainspotting holiday or whatever he was doing on sunday :)

N

NetNifty

Originally posted by Gamzy
omg im tired of your endless bitching if they are that bad fuck off to another game or the US, and its ALWAYS the same points..tbh one time reading the same points is enough

Maybe because we like the game just not the support, we have a right to complain about the poor service and blatent SLOW lies we are recieving from GOA and as for moving to the USA servers:

Posted by Sanya on http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=58788455&start=58793553
*If* they aren't out to cheat people, then the only thing illegal about it would be if they sell the game to people playing in countries that US companies aren't supposed to ship to.

For example, if you play in France, you're supposed to buy a French copy. Otherwise, the licensing fees GOA paid Mythic are meaningless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom