Football Newcastle farce

Ormorof

FH is my second home
now it may seem like a bit of old-fashioned bickering among the board, the fans, the players and the manager but the cynical bee inside my head has been buzzing more and more as time goes on....

heres the Scenario (yes it deserves caps);
The Fans hate The Chairman
The Fans love The Keegan

so how to get the fans back on-board without loosing too much face?

soooooooooo to set all this straight?? The Chairman fires The Keegan, The Chairman resigns, The New Chairman re-hires The Keegan thus becoming the saviour of The Toon, now, we thus finish like this:

The Fans love the Chairman
The Fans love The Keegan

and The Keegan can finally get on with running the football club and stop mucking about with the media and the board!!

ITS ALL A PLOT I TELL YOU!! or am i being overly paranoid?

ps: wooo goo tigers :p

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
thats basically it tbh. ashley held talks with keegan in london again on friday night.. keegan walked out.. obviously sticking to his principles and good on him for doing so.

sooner or later mike ashley is gonna realise he simply cant run a club which a LOT of the revenue is generated from the club shops and will pack up and leave. also he knows in the back of his head... doesnt matter who he brings in next.. toon gonna hate him... coz it wont be shearer.. he's got same principles as keegan and would NEVER take the job with that bong eyed cockney midget doing the recruitment upstairs.

sadly the football was secondary today, grats hull tho.. not easy to win at st james even with this shite going on.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Well Ashley is selling, so this might get silly.

He's right though - he has lots of dedicated fans who expect good football, but they haven't had an astute manager to sign the players that can back that expectation up. What top player wants to go to a club that can't get them playing champions league football? They need the time to put that all in place, years to build it and it's obvious fans want King Kev in there - and if he wants the job he needs to be there for 4-5 years before that is even possible. Will the fans wait that long? Who knows.

At the moment the fans expect too much, I applaud their loyalty to the team, but not the club. Let's be honest, Newcastle are SHIT, and will continue to be so if they don't get their act together. :twak:

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
what you are forgetting tho, is that when newcastle have had albeit brief stability since premier league started.. it HAS brought champions league football. first under keegan (with sir john hall as owner) and with bobby robson (freddie shepherd).

all we need is the stability and we've proven that we can break into top 4. now the club is up for sale, it must be very very tempting for someone to buy the club, reinstall keegan.. and watch the cash roll in, and it will believe me.

i know a lot of peeps just dont get the keegan affect on the toon army.. but its not just football... the entire area buzzes.. productivity actually increases.. its that feel good factor you know.

tis nice to know that fan-power can work.. and as for dennis wise.. pack your bags :kissit:

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
I see your point but the 96-97 season was a long time ago and I think the footballing climate has changed. I would implore that whomever buys the club allows the manager some time (and I personally would like to see King Kev back) to get the squad in a winning attitude.

It's no surprise that SAF & Wenger have done well because they've been in the position for so long. Murinho did well but he needed a LOT more money to do it and it all went tits up when he went and the stability was lost. With the capacity St James' (and has that new planning extension gone through yet? I don't know) has and the franchise being so strong with such an exceptionally loyal fanbase the money should be there. The manager and board needs a few years, that's all.

I'm a Man Utd fan, since I was 3 years old when I sat on Mark Hughes' lap when he came to a reserves match in my home town Grantham. I travelled the 4-5 hour trip across for games when I could and then had to come back - it was a long day. It's nice to see Man Utd do well but I want to see other teams up there, and Newcastle should be one of them imo. :D

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
I was 3 years old when I sat on Mark Hughes' lap

pedobear.png

soze

I am a FH squatter
what you are forgetting tho, is that when newcastle have had albeit brief stability since premier league started.. it HAS brought champions league football. first under keegan (with sir john hall as owner) and with bobby robson (freddie shepherd).

all we need is the stability and we've proven that we can break into top 4. now the club is up for sale, it must be very very tempting for someone to buy the club, reinstall keegan.. and watch the cash roll in, and it will believe me.

i know a lot of peeps just dont get the keegan affect on the toon army.. but its not just football... the entire area buzzes.. productivity actually increases.. its that feel good factor you know.

tis nice to know that fan-power can work.. and as for dennis wise.. pack your bags :kissit:

You broke into the top four when Chel$ki were hangers on and not really challenging since then allot has changed. Keagen would need alot of money to turn you top four especially seeing as City are around now. Money on its own is no good as if the same contract os on offer at man u man city and newcastle where do you go?

Newcastle fans need to readjast aim for the fa cup and uefa cup not league and champions league not for 10 years anyway.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Thats a good statement and goes to show the guy loved the club too much than to go for broke and leave the place is massive debt. I wish more owners and fans saw that football has to be profitable.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Maybe so but the message is the same who ever wrote it if he meant it.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
if he loved the club.. why the fuck did he bring in dennis wise and force keegans hand?

ashley talks bollocks. he's put the club up for sale for 400m... he paid 135m.. his total spend on the club (so he says) 250m... nice little fucking profit that isnt it?. but he's not in it for the money... oh no.....

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
if he loved the club.. why the fuck did he bring in dennis wise and force keegans hand?

ever thought that it actually was his own fault?

just because he is who he is doesent mean he can't be impossible.

he might have started to demand stuff that couldn't be done. thinking that his reputation amoung the fans would give him what he wanted and failed.

hard to make an old dog sit, even if its name is Keegan....

soze

I am a FH squatter

From the artical he was only willing to lose £20mil a year of his own money on running the club so he needed a good scouting network to find young potential. Still think its wrong if wise was really making the transfers if Kekan was not told thats how it would be.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home

ashley talks bollocks. he's put the club up for sale for 400m... he paid 135m.. his total spend on the club (so he says) 250m... nice little fucking profit that isnt it?. but he's not in it for the money... oh no.....

135 to buy, 250 to get it out of immediate debt and another 100 spent to make it a sustainable business. So 400 mill sale = huge loss!

He was willing to keep the club going to the tune of 20 mill a year. That would have meant not buying the big names but the idea was to do an Arsenal and develope a young talented team from within.

IMHO Ashley is correct that one Manager cannot be responsible for everything. Wise and his team of talent scouts may not be liked as the 'cockney mafia' but they have bought in some decent players. They will get no credit for that obviously as the blind and deaf rant on.

I hope Ashley does sell up and makes a good profit. Maybe put money into a club whose fans see the future and the fact that football is a business whose accounts need to make sense. I'd welcome his money at Arsenal any day!

leviathane

Part of the furniture
Fans in the premier league have become increasingly fickle with the sudden injection of cash to the league. Now everyone wants a billionaire owner to splash the cash, kinda sad really that football is becoming this.
As soon as some billionaire takes over arsenal will be the day I quit watching.

Lollie

Loyal Freddie
to be honest, i dont blame Ashley that much, he was right to try and get the club on a finacial footing, the club was badly run in the Shepard era, too try and bring young talent in and build a club for the future is commendable but you've gotta have the backing of the manager, you cant bring in players that he doesnt want.

Its the board that need to go, not Ashley, boards keep appointing poor manager at clubs all over the world but they never seem to go even tho its their poor judgment,

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
IMHO Ashley is correct that one Manager cannot be responsible for everything. Wise and his team of talent scouts may not be liked as the 'cockney mafia' but they have bought in some decent players. They will get no credit for that obviously as the blind and deaf rant on.

Employing someone like Houllier perhaps would be a yes, hiring a dwarf midget cockney arsehole who would not know talent if she was riding his prick is another.

Dennis Wise, has no fucking clue about scouting for quality young players, Newcastle have always had major problems with their home grown talent because they prefer to win at grass roots level rather than actually take on the good young players and develop them, one of my friends used to play for a successful local boys team at the bottom of my street, the amount of quality players the Newcastle scouts passed over just to pick the 10 year old who was big for his age and would therefore score goals against most of the teams he would play against was unbelievable, separating kids that are good when they are 10 and will be able to maintain development to make them a success in the future is an ability few teams can call upon. The lads most of them geordies born and bred would rather the scouts from hartlepool/boro/sunderland were there.

Dennis Wise is not that person. I believe Ashley wanted to do the right thing, however to do this you need the right people for the job, he has been advised to employ an absolute spacker and now he is paying the price.

With regards to bringing in good players Newcastle could do with another 6 players at about 5-6 mill each. Selling Milner for 12 mill and signing a couple of loans deals two days after the manager asks fans to judge him based on who he brings in before the deadline is a fucking joke. Newcastle need to start buying tried and tested players for the league they are playing in, instead of constantly gambling on some dodgy spaniard.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Problem being you can not buy tried and tested players that will improve you for 5-6 mil a player that will take you from midtable to europe will prolly cost 10 mil plus. The likes of Andy Johnson transfered for £12 mil? I think you need to buy unknows they are where good bargins come from if you want a player who has already made his name you will pay a fair bit more.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Only because english players are over rated.

Only examples but Sunderland picked up malbranque and diouf for pennies they are tried and tested players in this league.

Paying that kind of money for jonhson when defoe went for 7 million and yakubu who scores goals in his sleep was only 11 shows what I am talking about.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Your right about English players costing too much but if Newcastle want to start challenging for CL places they will need players of a better standard than Diouf imo.

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
Didn't Johnson just sign a new contract last season - hence the high transfer fee? Else, how could you justify £12 million on a player that just had a poor service? And I'm an Everton fan!

But I have to agree - the Premiership clubs rate themselves too highly, English players are constantly over-priced. It used to be the case the Division 1 (or the Championship now!) was the feeder league for the big guns - you bought for a decent price and if they failed, you could sell them back for near the same. If they succeeded, then weyhey!

But now... lets buy players that are in another 1st Division team from another country, for an expensive price then put them in the reserves... Youth Development is where it is at - not long till Arsenal are laughing at the other big 3 =)

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
hmmm.. looks like we gonna get nigerian onwers now... wonder how they made their cash... e-mail scams?

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Or maybe this'll be the biggest one yet :D

MR ASHLEY I AM A DYING MAN AND I HAVE CHOSEN YOU TO INHERIT MY WILL

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom