Sploosh the ElfChimp

Fledgling Freddie
I am getting the game on Monday/Tuesday...i am wondering hiow hard it is to get a creature or landspeeder to help me move around faster are they expencive? do people give them free to n00bs?
Just wondering...
If anyone can help me out on the Chimera(errg spelling) server i would really appreciate it :cheers: :D .

Tenko

Fledgling Freddie
They are not hard but can be a little expensive (for a newbie or a shopaholic like myself)

thiink rideable non creature-handler pets (don't worry about it, you'll work out what Im talking about in game :p) pets are.... not sure never bought one but I think about a few thousand maybe upto 8k.

A vehicle is for everyone and range between a bargain landspeeder at 15k if your're lucky to 40 swoop bikes if you're really unlucky.

That is alot of money for a new player so think a week or so unless you have friends online already.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
Watch out for Speeders/Swoops/Landspeeders. They are a money sink as they decay quite rapidly and they can be destroyed by NPC's if you're really unlucky.

A Kaadu can often be picked up cheap off the bazar and then trained to be a mount once it has grown. We have a CH in the guild who should be able to train the kaadu for you when its fully grown so that would be a nice easy cheap way to get a mount.

Be careful when buying from the bazar - alot of people try and rip lower level players off. Before buying that sexy new gun or piece of armour make sure that you check a number of things.

1. Ham costs (Health, Action, Mind bar). This is what it costs you to fire off a special move with that gun. I have drained my action bar so many times whilst fighting, leading to me being incapped cos I didn't watch this.

2. Overall Condition - the closer it is to 0 the closer it is to being disabled (knackered). I saw loads of OC 0 weapons on the bazars when I bought weapons there.

3. Min-Max damage and speed. Weapons vary greatly with speed and damage. Player made weapons will often beat looted items. Check around to see what the best deals are.

4. Armour has encumberance which affects your secondary stats, which inturn will affect attack speed, health and mind regen and other bits and bobs. The better the armour the higher the encumberance. Different armours are good for different things. Bone armour, for example, is good (for the cost) vs energy based attacks, but is often crap vs kinetic - making it the wrong armour choice when fighting melee mobs.

5. /ex on mobs as it will tell you what their resitances are. some mobs have 100% acid or heat resistance, so check your weapon damage type before firing to make sure you use the best damage type.

Have fun - try doing delivery missions first to get you some cash. Then go looking for the odd wandering mob until you have a couple of skill boxes of your preferred weapon. Bear in mind that until you have a couple of skill boxes in your preferred weapon and a nice pistol/carbine/rifle/sword/etc..

Drop me a /tell in game if you need any help.

Revor

Tenko

Fledgling Freddie
My Landspeeder is Indestructable.

If I leave it out when I use a shuttle then go to my datapad:

Store Vehicle
Store Vehicle
Generate Vehicle

It's generated next to me with full health. I've had mine since day 1 and have never paid to have it fixed yet.

It appears to be a little bug :p

In fact my Landspeeder was blown up while I was out bounty hunting yet when I logged back in a week later I did the above and Voila! A pristine Landspeeder!

I'm keeping this bug of my reports in payment for all the other crap I have to put up with :D

Lam

Fledgling Freddie
To give you an idea on the prices, on Chimaera (where I play) these are the average prices for speeders and mounts:

Landspeeder: 15k
Speederbike: 20k
Swoop: 25k

Mounts: if you look around a bit you can get one for 6-10k depending on which one.

all the vehicles are faster then any mount, landspeeder is slowest vehicle with highest hitpoints, speederbike is medium speed and medium hitpoints and swoop is the fastest but has lowest hitpoints.

pig

Fledgling Freddie
Tenko said:

Store Vehicle
Store Vehicle
Generate Vehicle

It's generated next to me with full health. I've had mine since day 1 and have never paid to have it fixed yet.

I only found this out a few days ago... I have spent about 200K on swoop bikes so far as those Giant Baz have a habbit of going agro on my bike instead of me :/

I even had a nightsister ranger blow it up from under me as i flew past them :p

Pogel

Fledgling Freddie
Tenko said:

Store Vehicle
Store Vehicle
Generate Vehicle

In fact my Landspeeder was blown up while I was out bounty hunting yet when I logged back in a week later I did the above and Voila! A pristine Landspeeder!

I'm keeping this bug of my reports in payment for all the other crap I have to put up with :D
This is an exploit and against the terms and conditions of the game. I'd take a look at the following post if I were you:

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=Announcements&message.id=174

Please don't use exploits.

pig

Fledgling Freddie
Pogel said:
This is an exploit and against the terms and conditions of the game. I'd take a look at the following post if I were you:

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=Announcements&message.id=174

Please don't use exploits.

ROFL! I was looking for the :p but didnt find it

that post was relating to the Multi Slice exploit that so many exploited and used... or to the pet duping that leads to multi AT's following one master... or a thousand pets left around a city to annoy its residents.

Its a bug that will be fixed eventually, and had been reported from day 1 of vehicals appearing on TC... until its fixed i will always "forget" to store my swoop when traveling from now on :p

Pogel

Fledgling Freddie
The point is that it's an exploit - you're using a bug in the code to save yourself paying the repair costs, you're using it knowingly and repeatably. That it's not as "big" an exploit as the slicing one is not really the issue.

I only found this out a few days ago... I have spent about 200K on swoop bikes so far as those Giant Baz have a habbit of going agro on my bike instead of me :/

Had you found out earlier you could have exploited it for most of that 200K. How is that any different from a cash dupe exploit that could net you the same amount? Where do you draw the line?

Tenko

Fledgling Freddie
When it comes to exploits I draw the line at PvP. I dont feel I can cheat a computer but I wouldnt cheat a player.

Honest answer if certainly not a holy one and I'm sure some artisans would disagree.

Somehow I dont think they will be banning everyone for this one and if they do their loss not mine. But hey kids I'll just go on record to say that the above post describes a possible exploit and could get you banned. Don't try this at home.

Not storing your speeder is bad, m'kay?

pig

Fledgling Freddie
Like many, i found this out because i couldnt store my swoop before taking the shuttle to Kor vella to get it repaired. When i got there i called it only to find it was fully repaired... I /bug like most people and carry on with my day...

I expect to see this fixed as part of a stealth nerf/hotfix just before the Imp crackdown publish later this month.

pig

Fledgling Freddie
Pogel said:
Had you found out earlier you could have exploited it for most of that 200K. How is that any different from a cash dupe exploit that could net you the same amount? Where do you draw the line?

Fair enough, although 200K is only a little dent in the economy, and considering during my holo grind on dath I have made well over 1 million credits...

The cash dupe exploits end up with the exploiter walking around with millions in the bank, with no effort at all. How many eBay sales are for 500K-1mill credits on any server? And why are SOE not banning the accounts of people who do this?

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
Pogel said:
The point is that it's an exploit - you're using a bug in the code to save yourself paying the repair costs, you're using it knowingly and repeatably. That it's not as "big" an exploit as the slicing one is not really the issue.

I think thi is a bit of an irrelevent argument. If garages worked I would agree with your statement. They don't - so there's no legitimate way to repair your bike. That's ludicrous. This bug also applies if you have your bike out and get deathblowed. It's daft but it does. I hope they fix it AFTER they fix garages.

Revor

Pogel

Fledgling Freddie
So what exactly is bugged with garages? If it's that you can't repair a completely destroyed (0 HAM) vehicle then I understand that's working as intended.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
Pogel said:
So what exactly is bugged with garages? If it's that you can't repair a completely destroyed (0 HAM) vehicle then I understand that's working as intended.

Heh

How does spending 8000 to repair a bike that returns to its knackered condition the minute it is stored or that you log off sound?

My guild have lost around 400k trying to repair bikes that the minute they stored, returned to their original condition. Is that working as intended?

By all means lets out exploiters and cheaters - people buying knackered bikes for silly prices and then selling perfect condition bikes for 20k 40 minutes later are definately exploiting this bug or losing alot of money. Before, we start hanging people over the bug, however, we should at least make sure that they have the legitimate means to repair their vehicles everytime.

Revor

pig

Fledgling Freddie
`mongoose said:
My guild have lost around 400k trying to repair bikes that the minute they stored, returned to their original condition. Is that working as intended?

I got into the habit of calling / fixing / storing / calling again.
I found that if i just called / fixed and then went about my day without double checking that the bike was fixed, it would return to it buggered state.

This game has all sorts of problems when you cross server borders, and this is where the majority of bugs occur, you fix a bike at the city and immediately run off. Then your bike auto stores on you (while riding is the best) and when you recall it has reverted back to its previous state because the database didn’t update correctly or something.

/bored at work rant

Another thing that annoys me is that Player city garages should have been introduced at the same time as the vehicles, and that a % of the cost to repair the vehicle should goto the town hall… The skill level of the architect that created the garage deed, as well as the level of the artisan who places the deed in the city should have an effect on the quality / cost of the repair… but that would have to mean that the dev’s actually thought about the game instead implementing all the “quick fix” solutions

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
Sploosh the ElfChimp said:
Whoooooo it arrived..just patching :twak:
Anyone who can help me please post :cheers:

Right Getting FIRMLY back ONTOPIC :)

Drop me a line in game if u need any more help splosh

Rev

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom