Newbie questions?

carl

Fledgling Freddie
This forum any good for a complete newbie to post questions? Just got started at the weekend, and it all seems good so far, but I'm bound to get a list of questions before long. If not here, can someone point me in the direction of a good place for such questions? Thanks

MesS°

One of Freddy's beloved
Welcome to DAoC Carl, I hope you will enjoy the ride. Most in here has, even though few will admit it. ;)

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Feel free to ask anything in the "Advices and Walkthroughs" section..It was called the Newbie section till a few weeks ago...People are mostly helpfull here and are happy to see new people joining the game so you will get friendly answers (hopefully :p)

York

Fledgling Freddie
Aoln said:
fucking newb ;<

Fucking Idiot.

If you need any more help Carl just holler, you will find 99% of folks in here are not like Aoln.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
just make sure you got yourself an asbesto suit of dhoom before leaving the "Newbie"-Area :D

...and a rubber boat!

flames'n'whines mwuahahaha

A

Aoln

York said:
Fucking Idiot.

If you need any more help Carl just holler, you will find 99% of folks in here are not like Aoln.
Was talking to Vladamir, don't be so rude :(

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
York said:
Fucking Idiot.

one 9 to many in 9%? :>

oh and hi! to you carl.

Tilda

Welcome to daoc carl, feel free to ask away, in the noobs/questions/walkthroughs section :D
You'll have to ignore or report the retards who enjoy flaming, and for them, I appologise :(

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Welcome to the game m8y, dont forget to also use /advice in game, there are still a few of us who can be bothered to help others.

York

Fledgling Freddie
judas said:
one 9 to many in 9%? :>

oh and hi! to you carl.

or maybe one less 99.9% .. i almost appoligised to Aoln then as he was refering to Vladamir, i dont how i became so stupid to miss that one!

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
York said:
i almost appoligised to Aoln then as he was refering to Vladamir, i dont how i became so stupid to miss that one!

Yeah it had big flashing neon signposts and everything!

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Aoln said:
Was talking to Vladamir, don't be so rude :(

... then you ought to be more careful when posting uncalled-for insults. Have a rep and postcount reset for being an ass.

Oh, and welcome to the boards Carl - enjoy your gaming :)

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19 is indeed the area for basic assistance and I am sure there are plenty of helpful folks here willing to offer advice.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
You don't say which realm you started out on but if you find yourself in Albion and need a hand just give me a shout on-line on one of the characters in my signature file.

carl

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, found the right forum now, thanks everyone. I'm playing on Prydwen server (it was the quietest and I wanted space to learn the game), in Hibernia (random choice), playing a Firbolg (wanted a tank type toon as they are generally easier to learn on, and it did look tank like). Feel free to mock my stupid choices, etc ;)

Wyst

Fledgling Freddie
Welcome to Hib/Pryd Carl

If you need a hand with anything feel free to contact any member of the Marsh Horde, most will fall off their chairs when you tell them you are new to the game, but once recovered they will be helpful and there is no one who will laugh at newby questions, however simple the answer may seem to them.

Hope you continue to enjoy the game

Wyst

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Firbolg tank isn't much to mock, pretty good choice there for a beginner, imo :) What are you called there, I play hib/pryd once in a while..

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
prydwen.net is the perfect place for a Hib/pryd player. It´s their own little community

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
welcome to the game mate....prydwen and excal are actualy clustered now....i'm an excal player but can easily come over to prydwen an help u slap some stuff up...even make u some weapons an such so post your char name an i can help u out....ahh sod it i'm bored anyway i'll come hunt u down :)

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
carl said:
Ok, found the right forum now, thanks everyone. I'm playing on Prydwen server (it was the quietest and I wanted space to learn the game), in Hibernia (random choice), playing a Firbolg (wanted a tank type toon as they are generally easier to learn on, and it did look tank like). Feel free to mock my stupid choices, etc ;)

be carefull though playing a firbolg can make you look like this -

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=18010&page=1

:m00:

carl

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for all the responses and offers of help. I was quite amazed - if this forum is any indication of the general community on the game, then it's looking good. The current character name is 'Todoc' , thanks to the random name generator. I'll generally play in the evening (GMT timezone) so that's when those kind/foolish enough to have offered help may get harrased by me ;)

Tilda

xxManiacxx said:
prydwen.net is the perfect place for a Hib/pryd player. It´s their own little community

Prydwen.net is not the community it was, the GM's dont read or post there and its generally gone downhill after certain people acted like dicks.

E

Eruptix

Tilda said:
Prydwen.net is not the community it was, the GM's dont read or post there and its generally gone downhill after certain people acted like dicks.
look at tilda trying to keep people from visiting other communities..isnt it lovely !

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
welcome to daoc, anything you need give me a shout :)

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
well u welcome to drop me a PM anytime for help....i dont mind helpin people at all....quite enjoy it actualy....but ye the char u most likley will find me on is cemeterygates.......just be sure to do /send cemeterygates-excal else it will just say i dont exsist...good luck an hope u enjoy it....would be good to see u runnin in rvr with the rest of us hibbies :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom