Newbie help!

B

bigaming

Every time I check the Wolf servers the number of players is always (0/21), (0/50) etc.. In other words, it always begins with 0. Does this mean that I'm always the only one wanting to play Wolf at these times?!!

Any help appreciated.

Cheers.

C

Chameleon

Try downloading TheAllSeeingEye, a server browser, which should present you with far more servers to choose from. I dont have the link for it right now, but do a search at www.google.co.uk for 'the all seeing eye'. Gamespy is also an alternate server browser you could try.

B

bigaming

Cheers for that, but does that mean they won't be Game servers? Isn't the subscription I've paid to allow me access to faster (Game, Barrysworld or whatever) servers?

Or have I got it completely wrong and wasted my £13?!!!

C

Chameleon

Yes the subscription gets you into the game.net servers and yes they should be nice and fast, etc ........ but unfortunately as things stand, they are empty a lot of the time. Hopefully this will improve, but until then, if you want a quick blast on a busy server, use one of these server browsers. These will list servers all around the world, including many good servers in/near your area.

Personally I don't think the £13 is a waste. I also am a subscriber and although I find the servers as empty as you do, unless people do subscribe it's never going to get better.

It's amasing how gamers have been able to play for free all this time to be honest. I know many people haven't subscribed who have used BarrysWorld for a long long time, which surprises me greatly. I don't understand the way some people think they can get all this for free. That's just a bizzare concept! Anyway ....... I went off on one there for a second ;) heheheh

Many of the game forums have threads about organised games. I should have a word with the liasons for RTCW and see if there are any weekly games organised on the game.net servers, for example.

B

bigaming

Thanks Ch@meleon. Much appreciated.

And I have to say I agree with you re. subscribing. I hope more people do join, and soon - £13 doesn't seem too steep for a whole year, after all!

Cheers.

D

doh_boy

Well I, for one, will be subscribing soon* and I'll be mostly playing wolf(maybe a bit of BF1942 if I can be arsed to buy it.)

*After uni so about june/july time :D

C

Chameleon

Do buy it when you have the cash, it's great fun :)

S

silverthorn

It makes sense to have a payable service cos didn't BW have problems in the past being used as a free resource?

I'm with bigaming on this one, at the moment I'm just playing online through the public servers in-game directly but if everyone signed up for this service to ensure we had uberfast game servers it will help no-ends and ensure the product & support only gets better and better.

problem with getting things like this for free for so long gets it taken for granted and you have to applaud Game for trying to push online gaming in the UK.

£24.99 for 12 months is nothing :D

The sooner more people sign up, apart from the Clans already well established on BW and the like, the sooner this site will really take off :)

E

ExP.Neo

you could try using pathfinder aswell for some reason i prefer this to allseeing eye click here

Users who are viewing this thread