newb rvr stuff

J

jim_01

I'm 22 now and heard I need to get realm capped.

I thought it was from 25-30 that you get realm capped but is it actually 20-25?

Where should I go and what should I do when I'm there please?

Solo, group, zerg, keep-taking?

What is zerging btw. Is it, like, 40 toons ganging up on 1 poor mug whose lost his way?

Please assume I know nada about battlegrounds and pvp. I've read extensively on the subject of DAOC but theres not a lot of n00b advise for this stuff.

Im a minstrel on excalibur.

TIA

L

liste

regarding battlegrounds:

the thidranki battleground (which is the most used one) is for level 20 to 24. the realm point cap is 450 (or is it 350? i've never bothered to actually cap there :) ), and is what people refer to when they say you should be capped.

when you get there (in 2 levels, i advice) you can pretty much go where you want, but most action revolves around the bridges and the stretch of road from portal keeps to bridges. You'll quickly get the hang of it :)

a keep take there, is a good idea. It teaches you a little about how its done, and there's a Keep Take quest, that gives you a lot of xp when completed.

Grouping or soloing, try both. its different experiences.

As you describe zerging, is close enough. Usually zerging is defined as one force meeting another force that grocely outnumber them (3fg vs 1 fg for example)

Good luck in RvR :)

T

Twaize

cap is 350, but I hope u enjoy rvr since it is to me an essential part of the game

J

jim_01

how do i get to the thidranki battleground?

P

Pixie.Pebr

In Castle Sauvage (NE from Camelot East gates/Cotswold) there is a stone pad.
Next to it is a merchant who sell medallions.
The one you want is the Battlegrounds Medallion.

Put it in your Neckslot and step onto the pad.

After a while a bunch of wizards will stroll down from their coffee break and teleport everyone on the pad to the location determinded by what necklace they wear.

There are several Battlegrounds, but only one Battleground Medallion.
You will be teleported to the correct Battleground for your level automagically.

K

kaine_1

level 24 is the best time to hit the battlegrounds, though dont leave it untill you reach 25, as you move into a different 'league' so to speak

Thidranki is probably the best battle area in the game, lots of inexperienced people, total chaos in fights, and very few whines :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom