Newb needs advice for Ranger/Build.

Lithoren

Fledgling Freddie
Hey everyone. I haven't actually played DAoC yet but it should be arriving soon, and was wondering if the Ranger class is any good in RvR, and what kind of Ranger I should be? I wanted to spec bow, but have been reading forums and heard that it isn't the best idea because bows suck or something. Then I heard that melee is good but didn't see the point of a ranger using a weapon. I just need some direction really, and any help with a build will be awesome! Thanks alot in advance :)

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Lithoren said:
Hey everyone. I haven't actually played DAoC yet but it should be arriving soon, and was wondering if the Ranger class is any good in RvR, and what kind of Ranger I should be? I wanted to spec bow, but have been reading forums and heard that it isn't the best idea because bows suck or something. Then I heard that melee is good but didn't see the point of a ranger using a weapon. I just need some direction really, and any help with a build will be awesome! Thanks alot in advance :)

First off: Welcome to the game :)

A ranger could be a little though to start with. but if you go the melee way. it can work quite ok (meaning you will not train in bow at all).
Since you do realy mutch damage. aswell as you use 2 weapons. got access to some realy good equipment. aswell as some good master level lines - a melee ranger is a deadly killing machine (hell. why do you think i keep dying to them when i play my hunter. it aint even fun =).
Bow spec however aint a bad choise. its just that you normaly will fight with other stealthers and archers more then non stealthers. so you got more use for your weapons then your bow (unless you plan to camp a tower and never leave it).

we got 3 types of servers.
1. The Clustered Excalibur/Prydwen servers [Allso called cluster] - here you can choose Master Levels. use a buffbot (if you got access to one) and get artifacts. can only choose 1 realm pr server (after they got clustered you can just choose 1 realm on both of them)
2. Camlann - [Aka the PvP server] here you can get items and weapons from all 3 realms, the master levels and artifacts are the same on all realms. but some equipment is different tru the realms. its generaly harder to start on camlann then a normal server. since everybody can kill you at will. and you will have trubble levling up alone on a server where you can get instakilled when you least expect it. you can allso use a buffbot here. but its more risky as people tend to kill the buffbot aswell.
3. Glastonbury - [Aka the Classic server) This server uses a different rulesett. you DONT got access to Master Levels. artifacts and you got to be in group with your buffbot to get buffs. however. a ranger got some self buffs thats realy handy on the classic servers. making them superior to manny stealther classes. there are generaly more players in pve on the classic server. but there thend to be a little "crowded" when when it comes to RvR.

Hope you understood when i said. since you havnt actually played the game yet it just be mean to use all those "leet" ingame words that normal people dont understand.

its your desision on what server you will start on. but if you choose to start on classic/Camlann. give me a PM here and i could maybe give you some starting stuffs ;)

oh and English? no i dont speak it :twak:

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Lithoren said:

First of all it would be a bad idea to start with a ranger as the 1st toon in daoc because the ranger is a pretty expensive character to play with.

Second, the melee ranger is nice BUT you need a decent realm rank (5L5 i'd say) and a lot of plats to make him a good template, till you get all of this is better to play the ranger as an archer and not as a blademaster with stealth.

My advice is to start with a char that can deal with the farming part of daoc and can also get some fun in rvr and that is a chanter or an animist

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom