Neo

Loyal Freddie
Dark Age of Camelot

Test Version 1.99 Release Notes

Character Transfers

July 24, 2009

===================================

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

This version of Pendragon contains a lot of the character transfer work that's been going on behind the scenes. We'll be working with the Knights in the coming days to test the various parts that we've put up. For now, only the Knights will be able to take part in testing.

With this version comes two major parts:

- The "/freexfer" command, which allows you to transfer your character to servers enabled to receive transfers

- The guild transfer commands, "/gc packhouse" and "/gc transfer", which will allow a guild leader to pack a house for transferring it to a new server, and to pack a guild for transfer with the player to the new server.

Destination servers for the “/freexfer” command will be enabled starting next week.

We will be expanding on and refining these tools going forward.

For example, guild auto-promotion for guilds with lapsed leaders will need to be working properly before the guild commands can be put into place, and we are also working on the mechanism for resolving naming conflicts. However, this first step allows the Knights to help us test the infrastructure to make sure that the basics of character and guild transfers work properly.

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/3883.shtml

Sorry if this already been posted.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
an interesting tidbit from lori on facebook:

Dark Age of Camelot at 18:00 on 24 July
Unfortunately, Mordred characters are not compatible for normal ruleset servers. I'm working on a few ideas though.

Maybe can find a way to transfer them but I guess they wouldnt want every1 taking advantage of the /lvl40 ??

Either way nice to get some news and not just getting the carrot dangled again :p

Everz

FH is my second home
Shame, Gaheris is really a dead end for Mord, im more then happy to have all my toons transfered nakid if it means i get to play them, though i wont complain, the action on Mord of late has been nothing short of amazing.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
Shame, Gaheris is really a dead end for Mord, im more then happy to have all my toons transfered nakid if it means i get to play them, though i wont complain, the action on Mord of late has been nothing short of amazing.

About mordred.. i was just looking at vn boards this evening and saw this... it was an email from mythic customer support to a random player:

Mythic Customer Support

show details 6:47 PM (19 hours ago)

Follow up message
The following message was recieved from your Dark Age of Camelot house on Ywain:

Rent of 20 gold pieces due in 7 days on lot 4478 on Ywain and neither the lockbox nor merchant has enough to cover it.

Thank you,
Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support

Notice it says above house on ywain... I mean they could just be testing as usual on internal stuff... But this guy said his house is on mordred :eek: maybe a bare char and house transfer maybe be possible for ya. who knows :p

Neo

Loyal Freddie
Not really Ywain related but how much have changed since they released
LoTM ? I quit like a couple of months be4 it was released and from what im reading
alot of stuff have changed. Before i quit you had to get to 50, spend weeks or even
months doing ML 1-10, then spend more time doing CL 1-5.
Getting Arties wasnt a cakewalk either if u didnt happend to have a bunch
of PvE crazy friends. Templates consisted of arties, ToA/DR drops and crafted
+ SC`ed armor, now i read that Dragonslayer(?) stuff is the shit and people
switch Breastplates during combat for dubble proccs.

What is it like now ? Is ToA still a time consuming pain in the ass ? Is there
more stuff that i missed ? thx in advance :cheers:

Neo

Loyal Freddie
You can have a rvr ready char in a week

Seriously ? with MLs, CLs and everything ? details pweese :)

edit: thats an god awfull picture u have there CorNokZ, uber ful tbh ;)

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Well arties and mls if you're lucky enough to run into an ml1-10 rush as the one Solic has been doing this weekend

I still find CLs to be a bitch tbh! Xp is so piss easy these days that you'll be lvl50 before you know of it

And thanks ;)

Everz

FH is my second home
About mordred.. i was just looking at vn boards this evening and saw this... it was an email from mythic customer support to a random player:

Mythic Customer Support

show details 6:47 PM (19 hours ago)

Follow up message
The following message was recieved from your Dark Age of Camelot house on Ywain:

Rent of 20 gold pieces due in 7 days on lot 4478 on Ywain and neither the lockbox nor merchant has enough to cover it.

Thank you,
Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support

Notice it says above house on ywain... I mean they could just be testing as usual on internal stuff... But this guy said his house is on mordred :eek: maybe a bare char and house transfer maybe be possible for ya. who knows :p

I hope so :D. Been leveling/rr'ing my ns and theurg lately incase of a merge.

Pio

One of Freddy's beloved
Yo long time since I posted here but!

Just rolled on the Devon cluster, rolled a warden I've got 2 days played on it and its 50 fully templated ml9 cl3 or so, so yeah it's pretty easy to do these days. ML raids seem often (been 2 this week) and quick compared to the old days.

Off topic I'm looking to buy a stealther acc if there are any inactive US players that want to get rid of acc, would like to buy(borrow? :D) from someone I know.

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Well arties and mls if you're lucky enough to run into an ml1-10 rush as the one Solic has been doing this weekend

I still find CLs to be a bitch tbh! Xp is so piss easy these days that you'll be lvl50 before you know of it

And thanks ;)

Do the Labby quest awsome champ xp

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
If only we could transfer chars from EU cluster.... if only. I guess its not meant to be that i play more DaoC :(

Neo

Loyal Freddie
Yo long time since I posted here but!

Just rolled on the Devon cluster, rolled a warden I've got 2 days played on it and its 50 fully templated ml9 cl3 or so, so yeah it's pretty easy to do these days. ML raids seem often (been 2 this week) and quick compared to the old days.

Off topic I'm looking to buy a stealther acc if there are any inactive US players that want to get rid of acc, would like to buy(borrow? :D) from someone I know.

jeezus fking christ, that fast ey :D Shitloads faster then what i remember ^^

Everz

FH is my second home
So people that have used hundreds if not thousands of hours on their characters don't have to start from scratch with empty hands if they want to play the game?

Wasted hours then, considering a cluster with US will never happen.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Of course, but one can't blame people for having played on excal-prydwen-dyvet and don't want to start anew, no ?

Everz

FH is my second home
Of course, but one can't blame people for having played on excal-prydwen-dyvet and don't want to start anew, no ?

Yes and no

It's what.. 3-4 years since it died, most have moved on since then.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
Yes and no

It's what.. 3-4 years since it died, most have moved on since then.

and lets face it, a few evenings after work and you can be lvl 50 rr2-3 from using BG's and artie's are duo'able, amount of classic ppl switching soon to would be a good time to start. a small price to pay if you want to play with your old pals or guild etc imho ;)

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
and lets face it, a few evenings after work and you can be lvl 50 rr2-3 from using BG's and artie's are duo'able, amount of classic ppl switching soon to would be a good time to start. a small price to pay if you want to play with your old pals or guild etc imho ;)

If i would start now and do all that, it'd feel like a burden rather than something fun. Back then it was still something necessary (mostly) but fun.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
If i would start now and do all that, it'd feel like a burden rather than something fun. Back then it was still something necessary (mostly) but fun.

well then pls stop crying in every other daoc thread about how no game compares to daoc :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I have 3 days or so played, most of my MLs done, just need 1-3 when i cba to join an ML run, did the rest at the weekend. Got most of my artefact credit and got all the books I need. Only level 44 too :)

What you miss from MLs/artefact runs you can just buy with BPs, RR5 should give you enough BPs to get everything you need.

Templates are piss easy to make too now, there are so many high utility items. You can also buy pretty good slot items (gem, bracer etc) with BPs, around 1500 BPs per item.

Mythic have made the game so much more accessible, you really don't need anything to start you off, though I was lucky enough to have some armour given to me by Marc (ty again :) ) its not necessary, farm some aurulite or seals then replace with epic while you farm for your 50 template, I say farm but its not really much of a grind.

Its very busy too, was 130 odd people on the last to ML runs I did, yes most are retarded but it got done. in the evenings there is probably around 600 hibs on, maybe a few more, weekends obviously much higher. From what I can tell most Americans are utterly clueless though so I just hope there is enough of a challenge in RvR to keep me satisfied.

With regards to character transfers, GOA are missing a huge trick in not talking to Mythic about the possibility, they could make a few quid for a couple of database transfers but I imagine they are le tired. I would love to have my hero on the US servers but happy enough to use my new hero :)

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
but also no place to be if u wanna be alone. its more ganky there then in DF i hear :)

na, hard part is getting there =p too laby that is ;)

*edit* well there plenty Quest up to u really have to go in too laby, and alot of coin aswell 2-4 p iirc

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
roll a savage get your arties at 45 go to liches in NF and swing away. holy f-k its fast :p

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
New info from Mythics facebook-page (Dark Age of Camelot | Facebook):

"Dark Age of Camelot is working on getting Ywain set up so we can start testing the transfer-side of the functionality (the first part we were testing was the packing of houses and guilds). We also have the engineering intern looking at how to make necromancers not quite so broken (e.g. he now has a bunch of necromancer bugs to fix), which could possible go in with a 1.99a version."

.. so they are getting there.

Hoping for a strong European presence on ywain. =)

/j

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom