News New York bans smoking in public

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Well, not completely but most places.

Clicky

I think it's a bollocks idea. Marginalizes and persecutes people for exercising their given right to do what they want to do in the confines of the law. As for the health benifits to non-smokers, absolute horse shit. There are far more harmful fumes in the air outside than cigarette smoke.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
If they're that bad for you, why don't they just ban the damn things....

oh yeah, tax income.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Only a matter of time before it happens over here

pez

Can't get enough of FH
If they're that bad for you, why don't they just ban the damn things....

oh yeah, tax income.

I don't think thats a valid argument. Any government that prioritises the tax income from booze and fags wouldn't ban them in pubs, let alone all public spaces.

Laddey

FH is my second home
I'm a smoker and i thought banning smoking in clubs and pubs was a shite idea. Now they've done it i think its a great idea.

Ban them on the streets i wouldn't really care.

Ban them all together and i'd be over the moon. Then my mum would have to quit smoking.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Well, not completely but most places.

Clicky

I think it's a bollocks idea. Marginalizes and persecutes people for exercising their given right to do what they want to do in the confines of the law. As for the health benifits to non-smokers, absolute horse shit. There are far more harmful fumes in the air outside than cigarette smoke.
the law is what we make it so its fair, no?

megadave

I am a FH squatter
i'm not a smoker but think it's a pretty retarded infringement

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
The one thing that pisses me off about smoking is seeing women walking down the street - and they usually are women - smoking with their kid holding their hand or pushing a pram. That & seeing someone smoking in a car with children. Thats wrong.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I'm a non smoker and can't stand the things, but that is bloody ridiculous.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I'm a smoker and welcome these bans. The sooner they ban the things the better.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Meh, if they keep it in the states. Fine. Won't bother me.

It's moronic though and any smoker who says "good that they ban this" should already grow a pair and quit as they clearly want to, but need a forced reason to do so :eek:

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
You can legally drive a car that does 1 mile to the gallon and puts out more emission then the whole of britain did in the Victorian age. But you cant light up a sigarette.

Yes that makes sense to me.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Been reading into this a bit more, this ban is not enforced by the police, it's a self enforcing ban. I wonder how many smokers will actually pay attention to it?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Are there fines or any punishment? Otherwise it's not a ban, just a request, surely?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Been reading into this a bit more, this ban is not enforced by the police, it's a self enforcing ban. I wonder how many smokers will actually pay attention to it?

Probably to the same degree as any polite smoker has done thus far. It's a shame people don't give two hoots about polite smokers, who stand a fair amount aways, even in rain and they only remember those who blow smoke in their face.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Think its because people who smoke are bad people. Jesus said so!

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Chance of developing disease through passive smoking
About a bazillion to one

Chances of developing anything whatsoever except a black eye for hassling some big bloke who's smoking outside
About all the atoms in the Universe X10 to one

How the fuck does NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER! turn into a health policy, it's just a faith based moral crusade.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Chance of developing disease through passive smoking
About a bazillion to one

Chances of developing anything whatsoever except a black eye for hassling some big bloke who's smoking outside
About all the atoms in the Universe X10 to one

How the fuck does NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER! turn into a health policy, it's just a faith based moral crusade.

You smoke?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Never smoked, I just stand in awe at the continuing 'adjusting' of science to suit agendas.
Smoking ain't good for you, the statistics prove it,but when the statistics fail to prove any link with passive, they make them up.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Never smoked, I just stand in awe at the continuing 'adjusting' of science to suit agendas.
Smoking ain't good for you, the statistics prove it,but when the statistics fail to prove any link with passive, they make them up.

Damn, i was trying to set up a bad joke :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom