New Years Eve in London

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
I'm going out with some friends for New Years Eve (Figured I might as well leave my bedroom for my last NYE in England :() and was basically wondering about opening/closing times of places in London. We're all 18 (except one of us who is 17 :() Will we get in anywhere, or does everyone ID very strictly? We probably won't travel home will the next morning. Are there any places that stay open for aaaaaaaages? I read there were some new laws about pubs, etc staying open.

Anyone help a recluse out? ;)

pcg79

One of Freddy's beloved
im goin to school disco in hammersmith haha.

um try going around leicester square, trafalgar square; places where people just congregate. then find pubs in these locations and order drinks at the bar! theyll be so rammed i doubt the bartenders will check ID. if you LOOK young (and they have door men) then you might not even get in the door.

if youre thinking of clubs, then most places will definately ID.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Ugh, London will cost you an absolute bomb Mobius. A decent night will probably set you back £120 minimum. Some places on New Years ask for a mere £100 entry I've heard. You may not even get in everywhere, as you may have needed to book tickets in advance.

As of this day I haven't even bothered going out once on New Years. House Parties are where it's at. Cheaper, friendlier and er, funner. :)

More to your questions: Alot of places will be open 'till 4. I'm not sure where. Best to take a risk and ask a doorman.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Night in London for me last time was in February, set me back a good 250 quid. ;)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I suggest you leave the 17 yo behind. I work in a club and the number of times a group of people's (can I pluralise that?) night has been ruined by one of the group being rejected due to lack of id or just plain looking young, it's just not worth trying it.

I don't work in London, but we're damn strict on our door (due to a couple of wrist-slappings from local law enforcement). I'm not sure about the state of play in London, but Police in the Midlands have been cracking down on under-age admittance/drinking BIG-TIME in the run-up to Christmas/New Year. As it stands at the moment, it's worth ID'ing every single person that comes up to the door just to be sure. We're filling in age check sheets and confiscating any fake ID that any potential customer produces. The fines and confiscation of (personal) licenses just make it so not worth it to let under 18s in to boost revenue.

Having said that, I'd guess that loads of places in London will be open til stupid-o'clock on New Year's Day since the new licensing laws fell into place if you wanna try and blag it...

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
I am staying in Aberdeen, motherfucking Proclamers and The Coral biznatch!

SilverHood

FH is my second home
If you're not 18, don't go. Or don't let them go. It's really not worth it. From my experience of London, they're getting very strict. No ID, no admission, no exception.

I can personally reccomend Astor's accomodation: http://www.astorhostels.com

Leinster Inn is the one I stayed in, cost me about 20 quid for a saturday night, thought it might be full for new years. You might still be able to book rooms in the other places

If you can't get a room, find a club that stays open til late, find a fast food joint that's open when club shuts, head there, get a bit to eat, and then head home when public transport resumes.

And what everyone said about places to go - only go to Equinox as a last resort :)

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Found out that some work colleagues are going "clubbing" on New Years Eve so I'm going to go with them, and ask my friends along. I'm going to tell the underage girl that the plans are off (Shes only a few weeks off 18, but I guess its not worth the risk :() Are the dress codes strict? Also what form of ID are accepted? I'm 18, but some people say I don't look it.

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
Take a provisional driving licence, driving license or passport. Wear black shoes, lofas etc.

Don;t wear white shoes or trainers, don't not wear anything chavish, burberry, rockport etc, Don't wear a hoody or take one with you to a bar or club, You can't take chewing gum, mints etc into many clubs.

Take your debit card and prepare to spend all your money

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Depends on the places you go.

Provisional / driving licence, passport will be good for any place. Some places take other forms of ID, like Citizen cards, Student ID etc, but passport and drivers license are the safe ones.

Dress code - most aren't too fuzzy about the clothes, as long as they look reasonably smart, though nearly every decent place I've been to won't allow you to wear trainers.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
You might find it difficult getting into places in the west end and other touristy spots as they will be extremely packed!!

Some of them even sell tickets to get into them.

I suggest you get into a Pub very early on in the evening and just stay there!

The Cheers bar is open till 3am I think and so are most bars. Pubs will probably be open till 1am I think.

Ive stopped going to the central London pubs and bars on New Years as its a nightmare!

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Underage woman, pah, wear a low cut top and she will get in

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Clubs are different everywhere. Central London clubs are very easy going in the main.

New Years is a rip-off and you will need to book though. It's almost always an anti-climax going out on new years.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
You could always just stay at home and reminisce on what a shit year it has been/will be.

</humbug>

Utini

Can't get enough of FH
Some places wont take provisional driving licenses, seen people with them before get turned away.
And the amount of girls blatantly underage in places is funny, regularly see 30yr old blokes being turned away, and then tiny teenyboppers walk in with no hassle, just because the bouncers are perverts.
And always wear proper black shoes when going out if you wanna be on the safe side.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Heh, Tube Strike new years eve.

Glad I'm going to Dublin this year. No public transport to worry about :D

Utini

Can't get enough of FH
Bunch of lazy overpaid tarts, option to strike should be illegal like nurses etc

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
Mobius said:
I'm going out with some friends for New Years Eve (Figured I might as well leave my bedroom for my last NYE in England :() and was basically wondering about opening/closing times of places in London. We're all 18 (except one of us who is 17 :() Will we get in anywhere, or does everyone ID very strictly? We probably won't travel home will the next morning. Are there any places that stay open for aaaaaaaages? I read there were some new laws about pubs, etc staying open.

Anyone help a recluse out? ;)

firstly TAKE ID, u will find in london as other places, but especially in london, even clubs will have doormen checking anyone's id who looks under 25. Ur m8 who's 17 can try to blag it but if i was him/her i'd be prepared to be turned away and u need to decide as a grp what happens then etc, he might get lucky but id say his chances are 75% likely that he wont get in anywhere.

other than that u should be ok, especially with new licencing laws u should find a lot of places open however club-wise be prepared to pay through the nose for entry and drinks on that night (i mean london is expensive anyway but on new years its gonna be more so).

Be prepared to spend a lot, this is why most students like me end up having a house party or something or going to a house party over new years because u buy bulk boose and its cheap and chips :p

either way hope u have a good night :)

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
nath said:
You could always just stay at home and reminisce on what a shit year it has been/will be.

</humbug>

amen brother.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Bah, I'm doing footy on NYE. Oh well, hopefully I'll get back home at 7-ish and then I'll be able to go out later that night with a few mates around Chorlton. Should be fun :)

Will

/bin/su
Because they don't want the customers to be minty fresh?

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
chewing gum is a nightmare to remove from carpets and easily damages them.

If anyone is out in Plymouth tonight (looks at Whipped) then free one drink on me if you spot me :D

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
SAS said:
chewing gum is a nightmare to remove from carpets and easily damages them.

If anyone is out in Plymouth tonight (looks at Whipped) then free one drink on me if you spot me :D

yup, seems that most clubs have decided to ban it instead...

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Also, they're small and white.

Security have to watch out for small white things being passed around and taken, and that job is made infinitely easier by banning anything that could be mistaken for something 'stronger'.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
SAS said:
free one drink on me if you spot me :D

[tip]he's the bloke in the gas-mask and latex undies[/tip]

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom