New year's day in Skirtland

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
My god new year is overrated bollocks, I was in my bed for 1am. Mind you, I had heard the weather was going to be clear and crisp, so I phoned my old man and invited him to a photoshoot with me up in the heart of Skirtland.

It was about 1 degree when we left at 9:30am and it was foggy, so I wasn't holding out a massive amount of hope for clear conditions. The plan was to head up to Crianlarich then up to Glencoe and back again with the intention to catch a well lit Buachaille Etive Mòr. However, once we were north of Kilmahog the skies cleared and the temperature dropped to a chilly -5c. We stopped to get some shots of Ben Ledi then continued north only stopping to get a shot of Beinn Dorain and one of the "locals" ;). Time was slipping away as was the light, so we pushed on and finally reached the Buachaille in very well lit winter conditions. Everything was frozen, which looked great but I was hoping for a stacked ND filter shot of the stream to give it a blurred effect. Oh well, next time! Once we finished there, we turned and headed back south to the Rannoch Moor for a couple more shots then packed up for the day. As we continued to drive, the light disappeared, however we came across a valley that had one last shaft of light shinning through it (the last two pictures) so we jumped out and got some more shots.

The available light wasn't great, only about 3 hours of usable light and at a very low trajectory although it made for some quite moody and striking lighting.

I hope you like; and happy new year from the land of skirts.

(I know my sensor needs cleaned btw :p)

igp1803fc5.jpg

igp1806ba0.jpg

igp1807sa7.jpg

igp1810ct3.jpg

igp1811ej8.jpg

igp1823ho6.jpg

igp1824aj5.jpg

igp1829os0.jpg

igp1830ng4.jpg

igp1845jq3.jpg

igp1854ah2.jpg

igp1867lg7.jpg

igp1878fp0.jpg

igp1879jp3.jpg

igp1896av2.jpg

igp1898gp1.jpg

igp1915gq9.jpg

igp1925vd8.jpg

igp1934pc0.jpg

Mey

Part of the furniture
How close where you to the stag?!

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
You are so lucky to live near to areas like that, obviously I can never go to Jockville again due to their bloody speed cameras but Scotland truly is a beautiful country.

So fucking cool to get that stag pic as well.

Great pics luv.

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
damn it! I was under the impression that this thread would be full of lovely girls in skirts on new years :eek:

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
awesome stuff Big G. very impressed mate!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Nice photoshoot there with the stag :D

"Now, could you walk over to that road. It's very artistic. No no, these won't go on the internet."

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Great pictures Big G really lovely... sometimes I forget the world isn't completely flat :p

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Amazing stuff, truely wonderfull

Thanks for sharing

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
great pics love the stag pic amazing. bet its a nice view from the top get ya self up and take some panoramic shots :)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Jesus you've got some nice scenery up there, fantastic photos mate.

pcg79

One of Freddy's beloved
i really like the one above the black and white one. and the stag one, of course!!

Kryten

Old Cow.
I love photos like that - and to think I was about to insult you by suggesting they were rather like the Windows Vista "Vista" backgrounds :)
One day I'm going to drag the mrs up there and have a good walk around, it looks beautiful :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Fantastic pictures, am so glad you didn't ruin it and take one of you in a mirror.

Seriously, I am so envious. The closest I get to a stag is a hedgehog or fox as I drive past and think "roadkill".

old.user4556

Cheers guys, glad you liked them. I've made a couple of errors that aren't evident on a reduced size (e.g. I should have used a smaller aperture to get the whole vista in focus) but I'm still just playing and learning.

Kryt, there are some fantastic places to stay up that way. We drove past cottages that had smoking chimneys; they looked so cosy and comfortable in such a tranquil setting.

Here's Blackrock cottage up by the Buachaille (not my image):

52802k.jpg

old.user4556

Lenses were a Pentax-DA 18-55mm except for the pictures of the Goose and picture #7 which were taken with a Pentax 80-320mm zoom lens. Fill flash used on the pictures of the stag.

old.user4556

Just like to throw this horribly clichéd picture into the mix too.

processedik7.jpg

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Very nice. I wish there was biking country like that around here :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom