STEAM New World

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Anyone tried it? Just stumped up for it for a dabble, going in largely blind.

Largely given up on MMOs now after Phoenix died but if I get 50+ hours out of it then its value for money imo.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Not tried it but heard good and bad things about it.. the good outweighs the bad though.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Anyone tried it? Just stumped up for it for a dabble, going in largely blind.

Largely given up on MMOs now after Phoenix died but if I get 50+ hours out of it then its value for money imo.
Give us a review when you played a bit

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
After 1.5 hours. refunded.

Horror show.

Everything about it is bad, combat is weak and unresponsive, communicating is horrible, 3 slot action bar, anyone? Mobs don't even react to you until you hit them. Your chat box takes up too much room, delivers very little chat because each comment takes up 3 lines, in large text...you can only really see the last 5 messages and no obvious way of scrolling up. No mini map, no combat log.

No minimap, in 2021?! No combat log?? Even WOW has one and that is basic shit.

It's like someone described an MMO over the phone, with bad reception.

Looks about 5 years out of date too.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
After 1.5 hours. refunded.

Horror show.

Everything about it is bad, combat is weak and unresponsive, communicating is horrible, 3 slot action bar, anyone? Mobs don't even react to you until you hit them. Your chat box takes up too much room, delivers very little chat because each comment takes up 3 lines, in large text...you can only really see the last 5 messages and no obvious way of scrolling up. No mini map, no combat log.

No minimap, in 2021?! No combat log?? Even WOW has one and that is basic shit.

It's like someone described an MMO over the phone, with bad reception.

Looks about 5 years out of date too.

Shame.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Thanks @Raven , had pre-ordered this on Steam but your post made me go look at some of the streams and agree with your summary. Not an MMO I want to get into, refunded yesterday.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Whats that mean? I mean its new world so ofc its not daoc. It has factions but they seem pretty meaningless according to the video.
It's not DAoC as in it's not the best MMO ever.

As much as I like worthabuy, I can't stand the criticism of 'too many queues' and I think that has majorly shaped his opinion.

Sure, I'm in a queue right now and expect to be for the next couple of hours but on the flip side there were no performance issues on release which is like the first time I've ever seen it on a mmo release.

Factions are important and yeah, the diversity and inventiveness of the PvE is pretty shocking but the pvp I've played so far has been pretty fun.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
The combat is really sluggish and the block/dodge mechanic seems pointless because you can't execute either mid swing... So in the end you just stand there trading HP and chugging health pots because anything else is just not efficient...

Game looks good enough but pretty meh otherwise. Not in any way living up to the hype it has imo.

Also the crafting is going to be a MASSIVE pain in the ass as personal storage is not server wide. Yes it can be linked if your faction owns two territories besides each other but if you don't and need something from other side of the game world you have to physically be there to grab it. And fast travelling costs resources so you will run out if you do it too much.

Speaking of crafting, the only economy there are is the auction house which is settlement per settlement based. Also there are no NPCs you can sell stuff to. You either salvage or plonk it up on the AH.

Oh and no mounts.

I'm fairly disappointed.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Thought it was shit when I tried it, seen nothing to change my mind since.

Ono

Part of the furniture
Well, as someone who has no patience for grinding shit, this seems OK so far.

Not really sure what the point of the whole thing is but travelling around with @dysfunction killing pigs and turkeys seems to be simple enough.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Well, as someone who has no patience for grinding shit, this seems OK so far.

Not really sure what the point of the whole thing is but travelling around with @dysfunction killing pigs and turkeys seems to be simple enough.

Same here. I'm not generally a fan of MMO's but this one I seem to like - maybe it's casual friendly. Good presentation overall and no major bugs (except a blocker on the main mission on my server) and I'm enjoying the combat. It's easy and cheap to try different builds. Find a good new weapon, switch, find another and repeat.

I have no idea what the content is like at level 60 but at the progression grind so far it'll be a long long time before I get there and I'm having fun in the mean time.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Cutting down trees is life. I see tree, I cut down tree. I'm a simple lumberjack.

Zarjazz

Cutting down trees is life. I see tree, I cut down tree. I'm a simple lumberjack.

I'm a manic miner myself. The way the pickaxe audio can echo off the surroundings is really impressive.

Though if you want true hardcore grind try fishing. It feels like it takes four times as long to level that over anything else.

Zarjazz

I'm glad they've scaled back the influence (fixed a bug) because there were on average 3 wars a night on my server. Though I think the wars may need some tuning. Attacking is nigh impossible against a half decent defending army.

Though my company leader seemed to think half decent was too much and decided to take all the noob (lvl 20) players in the faction in defending our only region against a try hard attackers (lvls 45+). "They should have some fun too," he said. They got wiped in like 6 minutes. *sigh*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom