Question New Wireless Router

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Looks like my router's slowly on its way out.

It's dropping conections - the wired connection to my main PC keeps failing until I power the router off and on again. Really fucking annoying when trying to play a game. It also can't be trusted to be left on over a weekend when downloading a large and totally legitimate file.

Anyone got any suggestions for a *quality* router? I need at least four ports for wired connections and a decent wireless signal strength.

:)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Modem and router combined, or just router?

soze

I am a FH squatter
I got a Draytek 2830 from work, They are more expensive than your Netgears but they are very reliable and configurable. The wireless signal is also really good.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
only thing I can say is check to see it plays nice with your other kit. I have a TP-Link ap which I connect to my router to gain wireless N capabilities over the ISP's 54Mbit solution. every computer in the house incl the PS/3 work just fine with the wireless N ap except for my previous Vaio and my new one. They both hate it and perform badly, unless I configure the wireless radios in each to be 54Mbit rather than 300, even though they're both wireless N rated. meh.

gmloki

Part of the furniture
If you can wait for the Asus RT-N66U I would do. We called it the Cancer box due to it's signal strength through many walls ;).

This will be coming out in the UK in the next 3-4 weeks. We had a sample in the office a few weeks ago and it is simply stunning. Dual Band and 4x Gigabit Ports. Price tag will be North of £100.00 but well worth it imho.

Tech Specs

Here
and
Here

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYCnyOb5O4c

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Thanks for the suggestions folks :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Only 2.5 years necro later and I've Bought me a new router.

It reviews well. We'll see this evening whether they're talking out of their ringpieces. I'll post how well it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom