(New?) way of xp'ing...

T

thegreatest

Well as most of you know most of the 'regular' xp groups are far from balanced and getting xp in such groups at lvl 45+ is really a pain in the ass (like hunting for 1 hour and getting 0.5 bubs of xp). Here comes my little story about the best xp group I've ever been in ages:

I was in a regular group in avalon city with my armsman heading towards sewers when we saw a group at taskers. They pulled around 10-15 mobs and pbaoe'd them all to dead in 15 seconds without any downtime. Next day I was invited to that group (groupleader was Graendal, 50th season Ice Wizzie who was lvl'ing her infil on her 2nd account). She told me that she needed someone with high lvl shield (I was the right person as I had 46+11 shield at lvl 46 :p). Ok this was the group setup:

1. Ice wizzie
2. Minstrel
3. Infiltrator (She pl'eled her infil, but normally this can be replaced by another tank or 2nd ice wizzie)
4. Paladin
5. Paladin
6. Armsman
7. 6sec PBT Theurg
8. Cleric

All of the above chars should be lvl 45 or higher, especially the tanks (tanks lvl 47+ recomended). The armsman should Guard the Ice wizzie, the 2 pally's should guard each other, all protect on the cleric. What we did was the following, we send in the paladin to pull the mobs (body pulling), after he got 6-9 mobs in a train he came back to us. When we got the mobs in a tight cluster (teamwork is really important here) the tanks begin attacking them and cycling through every mob (so not hitting only 1 mob, hit a mob 1x and begin hitting the other). Pally's take most of the aggro with their chants, armsman blocks most of the attacks from the mobs that aggroing ice wizzie, Ice wizzie can pbaoe the mobs to dead very easily.

Spreadheal is very important with this tactic, also cleric shouldnt risk the ice wizzies life and use instants whenever he/she can cause when the ice wizzie dies its the end of the group. The result of this group was gaining 2.5 lvls in around 6-8 hours hunting (spread in 2 days, lvl 46-48.5), her infil got lvl 50 in 3 days /played and I made 1 plat in those 2 days..The best xp tactic I've ever seen and much thanks to Graendal for organising such amazing working group...Our record was 20 purp and red mobs at once, but at the beginning you can start with 6-9 for lesser risk than slightly go upwards to 12-15...

C

Cush

Thats kinda how you XP with an ordinary pbaoe group with tank pulling. When we exped in hib (ofc cant have same setting in alb) but we had 3 chanter, 1 Hero, 1 Warden, 1 bard, 1 druid. Hero mainly holds all aggro with help from the warden, and the chanters simply just blast away. Was able to get 2 bubs/h with this setting at lvl 49. Also here you need ppl that know what they are doing and wont run afk all the time etc

T

thegreatest

Aye, but In my opinion if the group works great no one will leave/go afk for a long time...We were playing with the same guys for over 4 hours. But what I saw till now in regular pbaoe groups was the regular '3 mobs pulls', pally pulls with aggro shout then every tank gets on a different mob after some while ice wizzie starts pbaoe'ing...

N

-naetha-

We had a Rigante xp group like that - pbaoe tangler pulls...

Kinda makes you shit yourself a bit though :scared:

K

klavrynd

even though pbae exping is the fastest way, it's not too good for new players.

The new pbae generation i see on mid can't do a single mezz'n'bash pull which leads to wipeouts when there's no sm's available or when a pbae tactic just doesnt work.

you'll need two wizzies tho because it might be hard with only one "major damagedealer"

O

old.Psi

Unfortunately lvl 50 ice wizzes and 6 sec PBT aren't too common... :(

C

Capricorn

works best with 2 ice wizzies....ask illum teh uber body puller :clap:

L

liste

who needs a body puller..

get a sorcerer with mana cracks, and do a body pull, then do a single debuff pull, and AOE debuff pull everything you havent already gotten.

in a proper group, this is by far the fastest and most efficient pull method i've tried.

C

Cush

key is to get in as many mobs as possible each pull to reduce mana usage from the pbaoers. Gets fun when get 10 ish mobs and 2 ppl to hold aggro :)

(specialy since you aint one of them)

T

thegreatest

Originally posted by Cush
key is to get in as many mobs as possible each pull to reduce mana usage from the pbaoers. Gets fun when get 10 ish mobs and 2 ppl to hold aggro :)

(specialy since you aint one of them)

10 is nothing it gets fun when you have 20+ mobs in 1 pull..It gives you a major kick when you see the mobs going down all at once :D

You dont need lvl 50 ice wizzie tho, you can do fine with 2 lvl 46+ ice wizzies..replace the pl'eled infil with another ice wizzie and you will get major xp in no-time..And liste I didnt get your kind of pulling you say that there is no need for a body puller than in your explanation you speak about body pulling? Did I miss something? :p

F

Flesh

20 red cons to a lvl 46 is nothing fyi! :eek:
Try killing 7 mobs in Caer Sidi at the same time, with a 7 man group.
Considering the mobs are around lvl 70-80 each !

T

thegreatest

they are purple at lvl 46 for your interest and try to kill 20 purple con mobs with a regular avalon city every night la la la xp group...You will see your xp bar actually moving at lvl 48 like 0.2 bubs for a pull...Im just trying to tell people how they can gain xp 10x faster than they now gaining with the regular '3 mobs per pull'...

L

liste

a paladin body pulling, will spend ages getting 10 mobs.

a sorc body pulling + single debuff + aoe debuff pulling, can get pretty much all mobs available, in less than 5 seconds. and he can do that every 5 seconds, and he wont die. unless the paladin has no clue how to use his heal chant :p

also, with this approach, you will have 80% of your mobs debuffed, you will have a cold debuff (15% for 44 mind sorcs, 30% for 40 body sorcs) to do the high level ones. sorc can do lots and lots of other useful stuff in a pbaoe group. even mezz, if it suddenly gets hairy ;p

T

thegreatest

I really dont get it listes how do you want to get a sorc body pulling? You mean the regular sorcs that wear cloth right? :p. Cause most of the time the pally gets to 50-60% health when he is back from his pulling tour, I'm sure a sorc will die if he gets hit while he is trying to gather some mobs (or do you mean something else with body pulling?). Anyway, you can be right about the usefull aoe debuffing that sorcs can bring pbaoe groups but you wont have the time to cold debuff every single mob, it gets resisted a lot and the mobs will die before you have succesfully debuffed 2-3 mobs (been there, done that)

O

old.windforce

sorcs are better for pbaoe groups then minstrels (sub 50) imho

aoe debuff increases damage by 20-30%

mana regen is all the time and you get it at level 36 in mind (4th level)

ice debufs add another 20-30% damage

if everything goes wrong sorc can CC much more effective then minstrel (aoe root, since mezz doesn't work on injured mobs)

L

liste

i leveled from 42 or so, pretty much exclusively as puller in my own set up pbaoe groups.

Sorcerer doesnt get hit while body pulling because:

Sorcerer only has to get aggro from one mob in the body pulling part. the rest will come from the double debuffing.

Even if the sorc does get hit, its no big problem. He doesnt die in one hit, he has blade turn, and he doesnt require hitpoints for anything else than to sustain life for that off chance hit he might get. heal chant will have him healed pretty much to full, before he pulls again anyway :p

regarding cold debuff:

cast, next target, cast, next target, cast etc. depending which mobs you attack, you'll get 50-85% of all red cons and low purples debuffed in first cast. supply with more debuffing (like aoe dex/qui) when all mobs are stacked nicely on the paladin.

T

Twaize

I totally agree cos i got from lvl 48.5 to 50 in 8-9 hours with Graendal!!! That's fast!:clap:

T

thegreatest

Yeah wish she had another char to powerlevel so I could join her group again and get my char to 50 after 1 year of playing ;)

But I will try to organise such groups myself, today there will be one in avalon city for people who are interested :p. I cant give an exact time tho as it is possible that I need to go work or maybe not ;)

I

ilum

No doubt is this one of the absolute fastest ways to level in Albion. The set-up doesnt have to be too strict either...when I was lvl 46, I was with a bunch of people at Duelist (the adjacent spot). We had no lvl 50's in grp, and it was the first time we ever tried the tactic - for either for us. We have 3 icewizzies (from lvl 43-46 when we started I think), a pbt theurg, a minstrel, a cleric and 2 paladins. As it happened, I occasionally pulled a few more mobs than intended, but we came to realize we whopped em anyway :)

And it's very nice if you, TheGreatest, to start a such thread. After dinging 50, I have still played lots in these groups to help friends level (I have 8.5 bulbs at lvl 50 now, 95% come from doing these groups). Sure, there isn't an icewiz around every corner, but even so, I often invite lvl 45-46+ icewizards when I try to make a group and some of they have still not seen anything like it :) So everyone obviously doesn't make full use of these group's potential.

There are not only one recipe for a pbae group, but I do feel the following make the essential core:

1) Minstrel or Sorc - whichever's better is debetable. I myself prefer Minstrel's above lvl 41 because they have mana regen 4 and a nice ablative to reduce damage taken. And they can grab aggro fast, stun and tank a little.
2) Rejuv Cleric - if you get one with BoF you can do God-pulls every 30 minutes :)
3) 2 tanks, preferably lvl 45+, one of them a Paladin. Both should have decent shield spec, 42 or more. Reaver is great for pulling aggro with PBAE DD and lowering mob dmg with DPS debuff.
4) Icewizard. If you have only one, make it above 46. Two is preferred as it's safer and will result in less downtime.

That's only 5/6 people - it is _doable_ with 1 tank, well buffed and equipped etc a good tank can still tank 3 mobs while icewiz pbae's. It leaves 3 spots, where you can put :

- Group mascots (gimps to level) :)
- More tanks
- Necromancer for absorption buff and powertransfer
- Theurgist for PBT
- 3rd Icewiz :D

It takes a bit of practice to master PBAE pulls - mobs must be stacked nicely so tanks can face them all to block them, aggro must be grabbed fast. The tank(s) with the highest shield spec guards the Icewizard(s).

Ilum teh uber bodypuller? Thx Capricorn :)

T

thegreatest

Thanks Ilum just wanted to let the people know that you can gain xp a lot faster if you use good tactics...I am playing this game for almost 1 year now and I didnt saw such xp'ing tactic till a few days ago..And I'm sure a lot others didnt knew this kind of pulling also...

I know why you actually want to be in such group when you already dinged 50 cause like I said in my post I farmed 1 plat with this group in 6-8 hours xp'ing...

O

old.SadonTheGrey

Fastest way is

Matter Cab
Rejuv Cleric
Enh cleric
Body sorc
Mind sorc/minst
2 ice wiz

But thats an unusual combination u don't find every day :p

S

sanguineous

Me, 2 Armsmen, a Cleric and a Ice wiz xped a bit in df to get the cleric lvl 50.. pulled the entire Knight room ( and a few hulks) and as they say.. omfgnerfect! the cleric was 50 in no time :D

T

thegreatest

Who is you then? A pally? Oh well it doesnt matter whatever you are givf lvl 50 plzzz:D

P

paladinen

what do you think of starting a group at lvl 20 and hit for 50? a so called, power exping group? but only late eve's/weekends playing or something so people who work or go in school can be in?

I would love too do that :)

T

thegreatest

Well I know such groups but I can never participate in them as I just cant play 8 hours a day, 7 days a week...There is something like real life you know ;) And even if its evenings (like say 6pm 12pm) it means that you sacrifice the rest of your free time for a game...Also I can never know when I can play the game, you need to be availible on fast times for such groups. But then I of course know such groups are the best and fastest way to get 50 in a short time :)

C

Cush

Originally posted by Twaize
I totally agree cos i got from lvl 48.5 to 50 in 8-9 hours with Graendal!!! That's fast!:clap:

That is not fast fyi

A

aonn_elfclomper

well they dont have an lair/yar spot as we mids + they seems to exp in a kinda dull way to :)

2fg bout having
3 SM
1 healer
and all running 2acc and have the guy they wanna PL in gp aswell

then pull 12 mobs at the time stun and PB all to dust... lvl50 in 2d10h ,, no wonder we got 123123123123 savages at lvl50 in no time :)

C

Cush

Hib>Mid in exp imo.. no idea about Alb since i never played it

C

Capricorn

give ice wizzies area stun imho :)

/edit origonal post was "give ice wizzies pbae imho" <blush>:rolleyes:

P

paladinen

Originally posted by aonn_elfclomper
well they dont have an lair/yar spot as we mids + they seems to exp in a kinda dull way to :)

2fg bout having
3 SM
1 healer
and all running 2acc and have the guy they wanna PL in gp aswell

then pull 12 mobs at the time stun and PB all to dust... lvl50 in 2d10h ,, no wonder we got 123123123123 savages at lvl50 in no time :)

I'm pretty new to alb.... got a lvl 50 warrior on excal ;)
DF could always be a choice if the mids let albs have it for some time on pry? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom