new warhammer RvR vid

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
As has been said, time and time again, WoW ripped off Warhammer, nuff said.
tbh, in terms of UI, its easier for the players who have only ever played wow before, to switch to a wow-looking ui, but like daoc it supports custom UI's so I'm sure you'll get UI's that convert it into a daoc-look or even something totally different.
It looks pretty good, certainly better than the last video released, and isn't soo WoW-ish imo, i love the way the ork towered above the dwarves in some places. am looking forward to it.

I agree,

Im Looking forward to it aswell,
Ppl also need to think that its like 10-11 Months before the games is actually finished. Who knows what will be changed by then.

It looks promising, and the guys in the vid abviously seemed to have a lot of fun.

Vav

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Tilda said:
As has been said, time and time again, WoW ripped off Warhammer, nuff said.
tainly better than the last video released, and isn't soo WoW-ish imo, i love the way the ork towered above the dwarves in some places. am looking forward to it.
actually im not saying whether it does or it doesnt

but the WAR MMORPG is a rip off of the WOW MMORPG which isnt necessarily a bad thing seeing as WoW is light years ahead of the competition overall atm
the same way the WoW universe is a rip off of the WAR universe
regardless how you twist it, nuff said

Why is that so difficult to understand

but then fanboi's will be fanboi's regardless what camp they are sitting in, admitedly i have done my share of tunnel vision when it comes to certain games
What will be interesting social experiment is how many people who said "i wont play it because it looks cartoony" will play WAR

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
I wonder why so many people seem to find it hard to get their heads around the idea of liking 2 games at once. They're not mutually exclusive - liking WAR does not automatically mean you have to adopt a "get thee behind me, DAOC!" approach. Similarly with WoW; it is possible to enjoy both. Or even all three.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Svartmetall said:
I wonder why so many people seem to find it hard to get their heads around the idea of liking 2 games at once. They're not mutually exclusive - liking WAR does not automatically mean you have to adopt a "get thee behind me, DAOC!" approach. Similarly with WoW; it is possible to enjoy both. Or even all three.
indeed

Influenza

Part of the furniture
Personally im not too fussed about what it looks like , what it plays like will be much more important.

I still played TFC 6 years after it was released , it looked crap compared to the modern games but it still played better than 95% of them.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
eble@work said:
WAR will have an ‘open’ RVR format, so will be great to chase down and kill all those PVE’ers Its going to be a fun time had by all, who have experienced RVR in some form in DAOC.

really now?
And on the more complicated level? "Well, for instance, we're not letting high-level characters come down and gank low-level characters.
We're in fact pushing back against things like that. Say a fortieth level character comes into a fifth level zone, and he wants to run into an RvR area and kill the fifth level guys? Well, not only can he not attack them, but he doesn't even get flagged for RvR. He can't attack the low level guys at all. But that guy who comes down has a debuff placed upon him that makes him vulnerable to the low level guys. This is the kind of disincentive against griefing we're using."

i dont think so

Lythande

Fledgling Freddie
Wtf does looks have to do with gameplay? The reason I stopped playing WoW sure as hell wasn't the way it looked, it was the way they totally f*cked up the "pvp".

And before you start whining on the gfx maybe you should take a look at the newest screenshots with humans etc....

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Svartmetall said:
All MMOs copy all other MMOs, Sanya admitted as much on (I think) mmorpg.com.
My point exactly, but lots of ppl are bleeting on about how WAR and WOW have similarites, they are all variation on a theme, but so many think WoW is so original, where it is far from it.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
old.Whoodoo said:
My point exactly, but lots of ppl are bleeting on about how WAR and WOW have similarites, they are all variation on a theme, but so many think WoW is so original, where it is far from it.
Well WoW (which is what I'm playing atm) is extremely consistent with the Warcraft universe...it's just that the Warcraft universe was kind of informed by Warhammer, so WoW having echoes of Warhammer in it was inevitable. Unless they made WoW very different from the Warcraft games that preceded it, which wouldn't make any sense.

WoW is a considerably better game than most DAOC players think it is. I slagged it off loads before I'd even played it, based mainly I think on how much I loathed Gnomes from the screenies I'd seen (still hate the little feckers, actually) but having started playing it - because pretty much all of my immediate DAOC friends had moved to it - I've enjoyed it way more than I thought I would. The new "Burning Crusade" expansion rocks. And there are so...many...players...

I prefer the look of DAOC by far, overall, but looks aren't everything and WoW is way more fun than a lot of dyed-in-the-wool "DAOC and nothing else!" brigade would have you believe...and since the RvR part of DAOC turned into an alienating min-maxed no-fun elitists-only Team Deathmatch club...

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
looks like it can be fun. alot better than the previous video which really turned me away from the game. just hope it won't get one sided or destroyed by instant-highlvl-players ganking the rest.

wonder when the first ''you AC:ed my capital city''-whine will come :)

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
The 2nd vid looks very interresting, shame they only have 2 realms(teams or whatever) but I guess it's because of balance issues.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
The 2nd vid looks very interresting, shame they only have 2 realms(teams or whatever) but I guess it's because of balance issues.

actually 3 realms

dwarfs v greenskins

humans v Chaos

Dark elves v high elves

:m00:

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
scorge said:
actually 3 realms

dwarfs v greenskins

humans v Chaos

Dark elves v high elves

Yeah but it's always 1v1 not 1v1v1+ etc but like I said it's probably because of balance issues.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Andrilyn said:
Yeah but it's always 1v1 not 1v1v1+ etc but like I said it's probably because of balance issues.

U can move between the battle fronts so u will see (in live game) mixed groups of Destruction against Order.

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Never really had a problem with WoW pvp apart from the crappy objective instances. Group zone combat was really good fun. The newly released empire and chos charecters have a very distinctly DAOC look about them.

Haveing 3 battle fronts and 6 factions is bound to help prevent drasticly outnumbering the other faction.

Still wondering how the guild system will work though. Whether you wil be locked into guilding with your faction (orcs only guilded with orcs etc) or whether they will allow cross guilding.

Nightchill

Can't get enough of FH
Garok said:
Still wondering how the guild system will work though. Whether you wil be locked into guilding with your faction (orcs only guilded with orcs etc) or whether they will allow cross guilding.
Guilds can have any race from your faction (confirmed in a grab bag or q&a recently). No restrictions (except what the guild chooses of course) on Orcs, Chaos and Dark Elves all being in the same guild.

And yep, as Gahn says, it's supposedly going to be very straightforward moving between battlefronts. Heck, if you're a High Elf and your friend rolls a Dwarf you can travel over there within a couple of ranks and quest in the Dwarf areas.

knighthood said:
Heres hoping the game isnt spoiled by the 24/7 no life I MUST WIN AT ALL COSTS EVEN MY HEALTH L337TISTS tho and be constantly controlled by one side all the time tho...
I gather it's going to be pretty hard to just go raid a capital city :) Like you've seen on that vid, you're going to have to largely control the tiers before that and coordinate with the lowbies on your realm to get all that influence. On that same note, do you think we'll be looking at players having twinks of every level (ready to into whichever tier they're needed in)? Or will fighting in the highest level tier always have the biggest payoff?

Starting to like some of the ideas they have now.. still a long way off tho but it impressed me how far its come since the last demo
Aye, I'm constantly impressed with how much progress they've made with WAR each time we get a update.

And my second question.. with there being DAoC equivalent zones (skirmishes/battlegrounds in WAR) along with instanced pvp (scenarios), and with both being very important to influence gain.. Is the game evolving to instances being done by the faction's uber fgs (Nolby Pride style) whilst PuGs do the zerging and keep takes likely? :)

Urgat

Part of the furniture
And my second question.. with there being DAoC equivalent zones (skirmishes/battlegrounds in WAR) along with instanced pvp (scenarios), and with both being very important to influence gain.. Is the game evolving to instances being done by the faction's uber fgs (Nolby Pride style) whilst PuGs do the zerging and keep takes likely?

it wouldnt surprise me in the slightest.

i think mythic have learned a lot from DAOC.

I think they have almost certainly taken a look at the "subcultures" in DAOC at present (1v1, 8v8 etc etc) and will take steps to cover a multitude of playstyles in there rvr model for WAR.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
There are 4 forms of RVR, including instance rvr (think WoW) - with quite a few sub formats within that, and large format war zones (think DAOC).

The instance RVR is intened to balanced, to semi afford situations which are occurring within WoW. Level, Rank and equipment is meant to be scored and this is "meant" to allow balancing of the sides.

The RVR is intergrated in to War during the leveling process.

Check out the Video Diaries on the Warhammer Online and it will answer alot of your questions.

Skånelamer

Fledgling Freddie
Well I hope that you keep in mind that they cant change too much in the character design seeing how it is supposed to imitate the warhammer fantasy board game (orc looks etc... looks almost identical) and im glad that they are actually trying to make it look like the warhammer fantasy board game, anything else would just be plain wrong:p
Making the chars look like the wfbg will ofc put limits on the movements of the races and characters.. so wishing for a revamp seems not so likely :/ however that dwarf running around with the relic for order looks rly rly geyh >< hope they fix that sh33t hehe :)

Skånelamer

Fledgling Freddie
actually 3 realms

dwarfs v greenskins

humans v Chaos

Dark elves v high elves

no.. its 2... as he explained in a confusing way...

Order (thats one "realm, team, faction") vs Destruction (thats also one "realm, team, faction")

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom