new warhammer RvR vid

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
CorNokZ said:
All I can say is WoW :D

Damn
I was expecting at least 4 post to go by before someone said that :p

orcs/stunties were always gonna be cartoony

I'm banking on the other races looking more realistic, and therefore more appealing to me
If the game miniatures are anything to go by

Nibble

Part of the furniture
that jsut looks Less appealing every time i watch a video on it tbh

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
looks crap tbh. Yes it looks like wow, the gfx is ok, but that they have to copy the bars and everything makes me sad. Just the text that comes when he does something is at the exact same place as in wow (top middle of screen).
Far to slow pace fights, looks like all trolls with 50 quickness and debuffed swinging once a minute.

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
Identical to WoW is so many aspects, even the animation on the sword swings is identical.

Looks good tbh, they also seem to have a much better UI which i hope has the plugins available to make custom ones to the quality of WoW's.

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
Nah 8 million people love to PvE.

WAR will have an ‘open’ RVR format, so will be great to chase down and kill all those PVE’ers Its going to be a fun time had by all, who have experienced RVR in some form in DAOC.

Lets all not forget this is an Alpha/Beta of RVR at the moment, for those that can cast your memory back to DAOC beta.

At the end of the day its either goto WAR and have populated servers or stay in DAOC and try and find someone in NF to fight. (English Cluster) I’m sure the German servers might last a little longer.

Eble

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
eble@work said:
WAR will have an ‘open’ RVR format, so will be great to chase down and kill all those PVE’ers Its going to be a fun time had by all, who have experienced RVR in some form in DAOC.

Lets all not forget this is an Alpha/Beta of RVR at the moment, for those that can cast your memory back to DAOC beta.

At the end of the day its either goto WAR and have populated servers or stay in DAOC and try and find someone in NF to fight. (English Cluster) I’m sure the German servers might last a little longer.

Eble

Not going to think back to DAoC's childhood, its 5-7 years back... YES, graphic and games WAS less good then, I exspects more from games made now.

... this game will never make me give up DAoC

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Everything is based on something else in some small way. So the gfx may have the slightly simplified feel of WoW, but that is merely a gfx style. You can have the level of gfx that Vangard has, but are you prepared to pay the price in turns in Hardware (Read the Gamespy recent article on it).

Also we are 10+ months from completion(?) I am sure that there is going to shedload of tweaking/polishing to come. I personally hate for instance looking in a small text box to see how my styles/blocking/parrying have done (so if that floated above the character for a second or 2, then I know I would be alot happier), and so on. All I would say is, with a title (Warhammer) this size, then a couple of hundred thousand subscribers will not be seen as a success after 6 months.The game needs to be alot more encompassing/friendlier than DAOC was.

Sparklehorse

Fledgling Freddie
Looks 10x better then it did last i saw it , but it still doesnt look like its gonna be as good as daoc , the combat seemed a lil too arcadey , tho , seein as it was fuzzy and unfinished etc they have time to improve it i spose.

Id rather they just revamped Daoc , rereleased it under a different name and ADVERTISED THE DAMN THING lol... but we'll see :)

Deepfried

One of Freddy's beloved
looks like wow seems to play like wow
however it whats the people want wow still going strong after 2 years
after all EA want to make money from it so will force the devolpers to make a wow clone wether we like it or not
deepfried

Gamah

Banned
I'll make no judgements till I play it...but yeah reminds me of WoW :/

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
LOL@ all those who say "looks like WoW", newsflash, WoW looks like 100 other MMOs, its got bugger all original, you could sit here all day saying "that feature looks like daoc/wow/ryzom/wish/D&D/UO/UO2/EvE/EQ/EQ2/D2/ etc etc etc", get over it.

Its looking a lot better than it did before, PvP looks more appetising, and that alone will draw people towards it and away from the PvE endgame that WoW and most other MMOs cannot get away from.

Playing against mobs is predictable, against others is something that gets the adrenaline going and thats why most of us still play DAoC.

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Every time i see these War wids just reminds me im not going to buy it :p

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
buffswithlove said:
500 million fly's eat sh** ..

True but flies didn't bring in (£$)533 million in revenue for blizzard, WOW made more money then any other film last year. So obviously something is working.

I for one will reserve judgement on the game till i play it, gameplay to me is more important than graphics. WOW has brought a lot of good ideas into the MMORRPG community, some of which the whiners here use in DAOC.

:m00:

Vonwar

One of Freddy's beloved
Svartmetall said:
Yes. 8 million people are all wrong.

Those 8 mill do what they want, incarnated DaoC players have sometimes another opinion.

From what i see, the terrain still looks nice, the movement of the chars i dont like, the spell animations, the symboles above their heads and the way points are shown above the heads of the char, really reminds me more of a Karate game i had on my Amiga 500 in 1988 than the great successor to DaoC.

I read in the general section yesterday about some new ideas about DaoC, with 6 months quests, improvements of different things, possibility to move chars/guilds to other servers, making the amount of servers less with higher populations. They even mentioned that the lifespan of DaoC could last up to 25 years in total, so 20 more years to come hehe.

If Mythic/goa will do something like this, i for sure am willing to stay much longer, regarding warhammer, i might give it a try, but i dont think it will be something at least from what i have seen now, that could hold my attention for 5 years like DaoC has done.

Best regards

Vonwar
Guildmaster of Danish Huscarls

ps. thx to the thread starter, nice to see the development of War.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I think it looks good, its a common format with orcs, goblins, dwarves etc so they'll look the same in most games. DAoC's look more lifelike imo, but they still look crap!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Vonwar said:
They even mentioned that the lifespan of DaoC could last up to 25 years in total, so 20 more years to come hehe.

Im gonna let someone else point out all the reasons this could never happen...

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Omg RvR is sooooo shit in an Pre Beta video footage took at a convention from ppl who never touched it before :|
Imo it looks better than the other RvR vid (they are slowly polishing out the graphics) and i bet in 3 months most of ya doomsayers will change idea.
Let alone when u gonna see the 1st videos from 2nd Beta stage -.-
Also about the spell effects and rendering of damage, peeps get over it, it's gonna come in Daoc too (maybe not in this one but in Daoc 2 for sure), it's easier and quite more manageable by newbs. And newbs is where money is.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Gamah said:
I'll make no judgements till I play it...but yeah reminds me of WoW :/

It's a bit of an unfair comparison, at least in terms of player models/gfx as Warcraft ripped off the look of Warhammer/Games Workshop in the first instance.

Tilda

As has been said, time and time again, WoW ripped off Warhammer, nuff said.
tbh, in terms of UI, its easier for the players who have only ever played wow before, to switch to a wow-looking ui, but like daoc it supports custom UI's so I'm sure you'll get UI's that convert it into a daoc-look or even something totally different.
It looks pretty good, certainly better than the last video released, and isn't soo WoW-ish imo, i love the way the ork towered above the dwarves in some places. am looking forward to it.

Provender

Fledgling Freddie
Almost universal approval of the RvR/questing from the gaming sites that were at the event where that video was taken. Even allowing for the usual games journalist hyperbole it all looks pretty hopeful imo.

IGN
Gamespy
Warcry
Eurogamer

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom