New Wanadoo adverts a load of crap?

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i got to see these adverts while they were still being developed, and i met the woman who created them. imo, they are a load of shit and i made sure she was aware of that. it seemed like she wanted them to be shit because it makes people remember wanadoo more (yeh, she did say that) (!).
if any of you have seen them, do you think they are totally crap? what the hell are they all about! one looks like a durex advert and the other is just a load of people jumping around.
i ask because my work mates and I all believe they are shit, but this just could be because we hate our employer.

Lorra

Fledgling Freddie
is that the one with all the people dancing and then two people kissing in like the junk yard..

From my As level in media studies, i think its to do with something about it being quick and fast... But i cba to read the text (advert) because im lazy.

Outlander

Part of the furniture
Aye from media studies I learnt about many adverts being made with the sole purpose of being annoying/irritating/wierd etc just so that they are the ones you remember the most and therefore are more likely to buy there product or some crap. Fortunatly I cannot be assimilated and have the opinion they are just crap :D

Ezteq

Queen of OT
lol man those advertising execs really earn their money........NOT
it may be only me here but if an advert reeeeally pisses me off then i will refuse to buy/use that product just on the thing that i hope the tits that thought the ad up will get fired, this i realise probably never happens but it gives me a ritious feeling (kind of like those people who write angry letters and send them in to teletext)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
someone probably already said this but the advert sucks so ppl QQ about it....i dont mean that in an offensive way!

that generates talk like this and hey presto when you think of isp's you think of that shit advert and the company.

i spose media studies/psychology students can give a better answer but they (wanadoo) have generated talk on the subject causing free advertisement.

that or im completely wrong and i will go back in my cave for another week!

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
Ezteq said:
I love the smell of Napalm in the morning............(sig)

...... but it was the last time i could torch the GF and get away with it ? ;)

...... but the friction burns got a little too much after a while.... ? ;)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Formash said:

apocolypse now?

tris-

but is a shit advert gonna make you want to come to a shit company (not my oppinion, but i will phrase it in a way that makes it look like it is, because i work for them i cant say naughty things)?
if i see shit adverts then i think the whole shabang will be shit.

tris-

its a piece of fuck ISP own by some french geezer.

not my oppinion ofc

tris-

anyone who is a customer to them.

again, thats just what ive heard.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
i spose media studies/psychology students can give a better answer but they (wanadoo) have generated talk on the subject causing free advertisement.

as there is talk about crap adverts [which, btw, they are] by what a lot of people seem to believe is a crap company, that can hardly be considered a good thing, can it? ;) wanadoo wont be getting any business from me for my ISP, and those shitty ads dont make me wanna change my mind :)
[wanadoo does own goa though - i think]

tris-

they are all owned by french telecom.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Formash said:

Ummm if by gf you mean girlfriend... dude i AM a girl !!!

and yes its the totally excellant speach by robert duvall ( i think) in apocolypse now where he's parading about on a beach in his cowboy hat while his boys are napalming a rainfoesrt so as they can go surfing with our having to worry about an ambush

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
apocolypse now?

Yup - the original quote was from Apocalypse now (i already knew that, my sense of humour thought - why not change it a bit - to no avail)

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
The advert must have made an impact on you to make you think and discuss about the company, now others know of the company from others talking about the advert also, in my opinion thats good advertising, even if the ISP sucks. :p

tris-

but the adverts are shit, the company is apparently shit. i dont see that as being good, but again the woman who made them seemed like a fuck head.

Gengi

Fledgling Freddie
its the principle of 'there is no such thing as bad publicity', with the caveat that your seeking publicity, and this post merely exemplifies that principle.

Tris, by starting a post such as this, here and on other forums, you put Wannadoo's name out in the public domain and whats more link it to there business, now this is a form of viral marketing.

Even though ostensibly you are slagging off the product, the negative connotations are trivial when when compared to the juxtaposition of the wannadoo brand and ISP service they provide being promulgated. Its like whining about a game, yes whiners especially loud whiners may put some people off, but the curiosity of human beings is such that many will have a look to see if it is really as bad as Mr Whinealot makes out, generating interest which is what most advertising seeks.

Later

tris-

maybe its just me then, but if i see a shit advert i will think everything behind it is shit.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Gengi has the right idea, kinda the point I was trying to make, but explained alot better. :p

Chilly

Balls of steel
fucking bums studying media studies, learn something fucking useful

Ezteq

Queen of OT
any one seen that ad in the uk for dove soap?

its excellant, its basically about the beauty of the human form (yeah yeah i know :p) but instead of perfect generic blondes they got gals with scars and tattoos and piercings, pregnant ladys and old people, basically all the types of people you dont see in adverts for skin/beauty products.

Nice one dove!

down with generic "beauty"!! in with the flip side :clap: :clap:

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
My god tris- you work in marketing? Sweet jesus, you guys make customer services seem like fucking saints.

As for the wanadoo adverts, yup, they pretty much say what the products about: Piles of crap. Braodband cannot increase the amount of time you spend outside, mearl how much you can see in one sitting. The adverts should be more like a cinema theatre, fat sweaty blokes with tons of food around them watching several R rated movies on one screen (like seveal browser windows tiled). Thats a pretty good way of showing off BB.

Mind you, heard the latest radio condom adverts? There set-up like football commentary and talk show introductions. Odd, but funny. Although I still think they should end with "Only dicks don't use condoms' rather than 'want respect, use a condom'. More punchy that way methinks.

tris-

marketing? lol man, i said i work FOR wanadoo and i met the woman who made the adverts :) i work on the phones/team leader position, nowt to do with marketing.

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
My apologise for he insult then, lol

Perfect ad for wanadoo though.

*Download bar slowly fills up, and a picture of a turd appears on the screen. The word *download* should appear on one side, and the word *faster* on the other side of the picture, with wanadoos logo in the corner.

Well, just an idea :D

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:

after hearing all this ill never get a wanadoo connection!! they can cram it up their ass together with their advertisements! hah

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
useless french ISP, the GOA of ISPs, worthless.

yeah i know, everyone seems to have missed the point regarding that particular post :>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom