New type of cheat?

L

[LSoG]YeLLoW

I was on BW AQ2 TP #2 (that's a lot of letters
smile.gif
)I demoed a guy called Axe who appears to have developed a way to go somewhat faster than other players.

He wasn't strafe jumping and when challenged he admitted cheating, but I don't know how. I've got a ouple of demos of him (his POV and chasecam), which have been sent to a couple of parties who might know what caused it and/or how to stop it.

In the mean time, I'm just letting you guys know that there's a new kind a llama to look for
frown.gif

------------------
LSoG]YeLLoW

Lava Seals: HOO-YAH!
http://www.lavaseals.freeserve.co.uk

[This message has been edited by [LSoG]YeLLoW (edited 21 May 1999).]

W

Warfy

Probably the mate of "Mr Invisible" on a DM server last week.

He REALLY impressed me with his L33T "being an invisible player" skillz.

No, he REALLY did.

Oops, I'm off again...

------------------
[NME/ANM]WarForge.R6
"Mostly Harmless."

T

Teardrop

Actually the only guy I've ever seen who was using the invisibility bug immediately owned up to it on challenge, said "yep first time just wanted to see if it worked, it is lame isnt it". Then he kind of spoiled it by telling everyone how to do it... doh.

Mind, Mecca was on the server at the time, so we were all busy abusing him anyway.

Cheers
Stu

G

[GA] Shovel

Lets just get this straight:
CHEATING IS WRONG
frown.gif

CHEATING IS LAME
frown.gif

CHEATING WILL RUIN YOUR REP
frown.gif

I mean it si understandable that people are inquisitive, and will wont to see if these things really do work, It's part of our human nature to think "How the hell did he/she/it do that?"
Kind of like me whenever I see java on a website, I'm left confused, inquisitive and annoyed that as soon as I try it as an experiment, it all goes pears
biggrin.gif

redface.gif
Futhur more, this is a game!!!
We do not HAVE to win. We are playihg because we enjoy it. Becasue we want to have a laugh.
A bit of light abuse is OK (like the ECD people I've seen) but when you actually cheat to win on a public server against people you know will only slaughter you for it afterwards, Why???
redface.gif

[GA] Shovel (aka lamer- and couldn't care less about it- cause all he wants to do is have a good time playing Quake)

------------------
--Insert gif here--

See GA @ http://www.barrysworld.com/blackgold

G

[GA] Shovel

editted- to take up less space after the dman thing didn't post my message right.

[This message has been edited by [GA] Shovel (edited 22 May 1999).]

G

[GA] Shovel

Ditto

G

[GA] Shovel

If my previous post has gone and appeared three times then I apologies, it just that it hasn't appeared yet so I tried again.
If it doesn't appear at all then I'll be confused and look a little stupid for saying this.
biggrin.gif

Sorry

------------------
[GA] Shovel
--Insert gif here--

See GA @ www.barrysworld.com/blackgold

E

Exocet

Loon. Fortunately for you it did appear three times i a row. Which is unfortunate for the rest of us. Natch.

[GA] + [KT] Exocet

D

Durzel

Hmmmm maybe Im being a little pessimistic here, but it seems the people 'gunning' for Member (cue sounds of choir singing) status are the self-same people that have been spamming the old Webboard with shite and animated GIFs..

If ya got nothing decent to say lads, then keep it off the Webboard eh?. It does get a little tireing having to read through 'unintentional' spams of the same message, etc.

Maybe I'm just gettin' old
smile.gif

Daz.

G

[GA] Shovel

redface.gif
No, this was an accident. I couldn't care less about being, "member" or "junior member".

It's just that last night, my message appeared instantly. this morning it must hve taken over ten minutes

I'll edit them down for you.

SORRY
smile.gif
(For the last flipping time I hope)

------------------
[GA] Shovel
--Insert gif here--

See GA @ www.barrysworld.com/blackgold

Odd, this one appeared first time. Bloody Freeserve and their iffy connectiosn etc etc (+ plus usual excuses and increase in anger as his actions are misinterpreted again - Note that I didn't use a seperate post for this
biggrin.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom