New to this game

T

Tharion

Hi, just ordered the game.

Can anyone summery the pros and cons on the races?
When buying and selling to npcs is faction an issue?

Game looks sweet.
Can't wait until I get it :)

S

Slug

Sorry but i got this game and its not very good at all, i have ordered 3 months worth of gametime, and i wasted my money.

C

Custy

Depends on your prefs :)

Its great.

TBH im not to sure about the races, i do know that Caldari have a good military advantage and i think gallente have a good economical advantage (eg traders etc)

C

.Cask

It seems you either love it or you hate it. Or both...

The Slug: I'd expect some people would pay a decent sum for your account with 3 months on it as the boxes are really hard to get hold of in some parts. I'd auction it on ebay.

J

Johnny Bravo

Well its my first furore into MMORPG, without upsetting anyone I never could get enthused about orks, wizards and elves, but I grew up with star wars and that genre has always held a soft spot for me (Bring on the UK release of SWG :))

From a first timers perspective, there is an awful lot to this game and will take a long while to really get into. You first few days (or even weeks) will be spent trying to understand the system, how eveything works, etc. Hell I am only now understanding why you need certain skills and the levelling up scenerio.

The game is also very new and it seems certain things have yet to be implemented and bugs are being fixed reguarly. But I think over time it can offer alot of fun and interaction.

My method of approach to choosing a character was to initially decide what you ultimately want to do....Trade, Fight, Bounty Hunt or even run your own empire are all possibilites but each character offers certain attributes that may help in your ambition...and its from here that I chose my character tree :D

T

Tharion

Another question.

How does the factions of the different races play apart in the game.
Are there places you will be killed on site if you are from a perticular race?

T

Tom

If any player attacks you without provocation, their security rating will drop. If they do it in a system with lots of police, they will get attacked themselves. You can be attacked by police in low-sec systems, if your own security rating is very low. Killing pirates is a good way to raise this.

AFAIK only belonging to a corporation that is at war with another corp is the only surefire guarantee of being attacked by a fellow player.

T

Tharion

I don't think you really understod me.
I'm talking about NPC's.

If I'm an Gallente and fly into a system where the Minmatar lives,
will I be attacked because of some faction between races?

Ex. in Everquest you can't go into a human city as a dark elf necromancer,
the guards kill you on site.

T

Tom

I'm not sure, I would imagine the police would take a look at you, but other then that, I think you're free to go where you please.

T

Tharion

Ok, thanks.

Think I will be making a Gallentian, seems to have nice stats.

Hopefully I will have my copy of the game on friday.
See in game.

A

Anelen

Great, see you there, Thar. Hope to see you in Excal too again :)

N

Neural Network

I have seen alot of NPC-ships from different races than my own, and they haven't attacked me (yet). Only pirate drones does that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom