New Steam Update

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
After cs 1.3 .. cs as we know it changed drasticaly ... after 1.5 well lets say the game was ruined steam ruined the game :(

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
I thought a month back or so steam had improved and I do quite like it. But after the recent rule changes I dont think so :(

Basically on maps like Italy & Malitia if your a CT and you aint been killed or killed anyone and aint got no Hossies if the round ends then you dont get no cash, but the T's do. If you wait until 5 seconds to go and then type kill in console you have Cash?!?

I think its made it slightly better for de_maps but im gutted basically :(

Oh well its only a game :m00:

worMatty

One of Freddy's beloved
Doesn't matter too much to me. I use the cash I get each round to buy more of the same, I don't save up for AWPs. Someone should start an MP5 clan.

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
worMatty said:
Doesn't matter too much to me. I use the cash I get each round to buy more of the same, I don't save up for AWPs. Someone should start an MP5 clan.

My fave weapon :) I aint an AWP'r or that commando, I think they are "n00b" cannons and spoil the game :( Prolly really because I cant use the damn things :)

I like the MP5 idea though.
:cheers:

throdgrain

FH is my second home
AWP is quite difficult to use :/
These post-bunny hopping versions of cs are greatly superior to the old versions imo. However, Im just bored of playing Dust-Dust2-Aztec ad infinitum Im afraid :(

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
throdgrain said:
These post-bunny hopping versions of cs are greatly superior to the old versions imo. However, Im just bored of playing Dust-Dust2-Aztec ad infinitum Im afraid :(

:eek: :twak: bunnyhopping was ace .. i loved it especialy when u completely humiliated nubs with usps :p heh ahh i remember getting baned soo often back then ahh brings back memories

i prefer useing the awp or ak or colt imho

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
throdgrain said:

Totally agree with you there Throddy. D & D2 are so popular and I dont know why, they areso over played and it ruins it. Once the AWP's come out on them maps its pants.

Gray

FH is my second home
i cant resist AWPing on maps like that, its what the map was made for ;)

on a sidenote to my thread the other day, im so glad they managed to fix the spray where i was only seeing "B".

Now all i can see is the fucking half-life logo :/ *cheers for steam* :rolleyes:

It dont really bother me the no money lark.. id just use a glock until i pick up a decent(er) weapon

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Yeh Ive noticed that Gray :eek7: You been on our new server yet also Gray?

worMatty

One of Freddy's beloved
There's a Metamod plugin to bring back bunny-hopping. I might try that.

I agree with you, dust, dust2 and aztec are overplayed. They are popular maps, and I think that's it's because it's easy to awp on them. dust with the long tunnel or the bit at the far side out of ct spawn, looking over the underpass. dust2 - the ramp at the end of A long, the double doors in the middle from T spawn. aztec - across the rope bridge, from A site at double doors (although that one's not done as much, it seems).

Militia has two ways of getting to the house from CT spawn, the sewer and the front yard, and they're both good for awpers to watch. It's a pain in the bum, but it encourages you to use smoke grenades. Then there's the crate corridor in Prodigy, the steps in italy... notorius places.

SparKeh

Fledgling Freddie
throdgrain said:
Jesus. Bunny hopping is fucking bent :/

agreed, probably because i havent seemed to master it yet :) tbh i dont try to do it

worMatty

One of Freddy's beloved
If you're talking about those dickheads that jump from left to right, I meant the one where you can jump in a straight line freely, instead of being slowed after your first jump. The left to right thing pees me off.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
No. Tbh I meant those dickheads who used to increase thier speed by jumping continually in one line.
Sorry ;)

Gray

FH is my second home
Darthshearer said:
Yeh Ive noticed that Gray :eek7: You been on our new server yet also Gray?

Nah, not seen it i dont think... gonna have to get IP from you in IRC maybes soon ;).

I used to Bunny-Hop since i started CS years ago, only reason was (apart from everyone else doing it) was because i come out of playing Quake3 which BunnyHopping was always popular.

Im used to just running with my knife tho now, doesnt bother me jumping. I have to laugh at the lame attempts at people trying to bunnyhop now tho, they go twice as slow when they try it but for some reason they still do it :/

worMatty

One of Freddy's beloved
Awping mid-air and actually killing someone sucks major bum.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Confusion here?

Bunny hopping is jumping repeatedly in opposite directions to increase your speed. Or jumping left to right as worMatty put it.

The slow down after the first jump is great, admittedly I was guilty of jumping all over with a USP and m4 when being shot at/shooting, it was a great tactic, but I agree the game is more balanced without it.

worMatty

One of Freddy's beloved
I dislike it when people jump to avoid shots. They shouldn't get in that position. If they've been hiding themselves very well, then it's down to luck that they were caught.

Enabling non-slowing jumping was fun to try. If anyone tried to use it to escape their fate then I'd probably slay them in a dramatic way :)

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
Gray said:
I used to Bunny-Hop since i started CS years ago, only reason was (apart from everyone else doing it) was because i come out of playing Quake3 which BunnyHopping was always popular.

<--- bunny hopping since q1 :x bunny hopping made cs more enjoyable and ever since they have increased the size of the hit box in cs the game is now imho a n00b game... (more hs for everyone bad thing :<)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom