new spec and RA advice wanted

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
right im gonna try the defensive champ....50val 42 shield 39 blades rest parry.....laugh all u want but i just wanna give it a go an the main reason for this thread is RA's tbh.im not sure how many points i have at 5l2?.....is it 52 points or 53 cos u get a point at lvl20.was thinking purge2(15points) IP2 (15 points) str3(10points) mop3(10 points) long wind1 mob1 an thats 52 points....if its 53points forget long wind untill 5l4 if im right with havin 53 points at 5l2 an get mob2 instead....any opinions would be appreciated.

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH
Defensive - you mean for grp only? and the 50valor, 42 shield, 39 blades isnt gonna help you in solo OR group.

IF you are gonna go for the group play only and thats why you chose that spec, you shouldnt go for IP as its useless for grouping at least if druids is doing their job right.

In MY opinion the best spec for both group and solo will be 50LW,42Shield,39Valor. Thats if you do a mix of grp and solo. BUT if you only group you should stay with the 42 shield for slam, and the 50 LW for annihilation and good damageoutput in FG's.(The blades will get you nowhere)

For solo only you should tryout the spec called 50LW, 41 parry, 39valor and 10 shield. 10 shield for engage against scouts/hunters. You wont need higher valor in any of the 3 specs because the difference is so tiny and with a little buffbonus there isnt a difference.

The RA's:

As a champion you should before anything else get Static Tempest 1. Not more not less.
The purge 2 is great to have and always good, but as RR5Lx i would keep it as purge 1.
Get aug str 2-3 as minimum and 3-4MoP.

Then when you get higher RR(7-8+) you need to start going for Determination and Purge 2. For 100% grouping get at least determination 4.

Thats what i think about it tbh. Keep it simple because i think that spec will dissapoint you, as a champion is no good with shield spec. You are the tank who gets the fewest hitpoints for each con point so you need to do as much damage as possible before you go down.

ps. Your Badge of Valor wont make you give 700+ damage on each hit with a 1h weap ;)

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
Elkie said:
at 5l2 you get 42 points not 52
ah...feck ye cos u start out as rr1....*hides* but with the free point at lvl20.....would that mean i have 43 points??

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Don't claim to know tankstuff, but isn't there at least an argument shield champ will rock 1v1 as debuffed enemies will have some trouble trying to get pass block?

Bertram

Fledgling Freddie
I wuld give it a go tbh m8... It might just work out for you ;)

The debuffs are getting way better imo if you go 50 valor ....
In the numbers it might not be Huge but it might be that there will do the difrece...

And for the RA purge 2 is a must to begin with ... When you are solo as you are m8 you really gonna miss it ! DET Is ofc also very nice but i wuld go for purge 2 IP2 and rest in MOP or aug str to begin with .. then when you get further up in the ranks get Some DET and you might aswell try out Static tempest :)

Thats my point of view anyway ...

Bert.

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
Maeloch said:
Don't claim to know tankstuff, but isn't there at least an argument shield champ will rock 1v1 as debuffed enemies will have some trouble trying to get pass block?
ye thats what i was thinkin...an also with malice/use2 battler/use2 BoV...im gonna try it out tbh...remember back a long way a defensive champ...cant remember his name but he was sooooooooooooooo hard to hit even as a 50 50 28 bm...(blades CD parry)
EDIT:if its 42 points then...how about purge2 IP2 mop3 str1 mob1?

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Cemeterygates said:
ah...feck ye cos u start out as rr1....*hides* but with the free point at lvl20.....would that mean i have 43 points??

The level 20 point is the rr1l1 point.

Thus you get 42 points due to 42 rr dings (rr1l1 -> rr5l2)

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH
Bertram said:
The debuffs are getting way better imo if you go 50 valor ....
In the numbers it might not be Huge but it might be that there will do the difrece...

And for the RA purge 2 is a must to begin with ... When you are solo as you are m8 you really gonna miss it ! DET Is ofc also very nice but i wuld go for purge 2 IP2 and rest in MOP or aug str to begin with .. then when you get further up in the ranks get Some DET and you might aswell try out Static tempest :)

Thats my point of view anyway ...

Bert.

That you say about the difference between 39 and 50 valor is only a few single points.. not worth using all the extra spec points on - i've tested it.

And again - IP 2 isnt needed at all in FG's but a must for solo ofc :)

Many people goes with purge 1 for groups because they will get demezzed mostly quite fast and it CAN be waste of points to get purge 2 if you dont have the right RR. I see many people go with purge 1 as its fine - not the best ofc :p

Well.. I cant see how you will play a champion optimal without the Static Tempest. Even in 1on1 its one of your best tools, because sometimes the oppont wont run out of it and IF he does as most does, you will get in the Annihilation which will stun him 9 secs.

---------------------------------------------

And ofc ceme, you could always tryout the spec and see how it works.. btw, are you gonna play Battlemaster or Banelord when you wanna go defensive?

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH
Cemeterygates said:
ye thats what i was thinkin...an also with malice/use2 battler/use2 BoV...im gonna try it out tbh...remember back a long way a defensive champ...cant remember his name but he was sooooooooooooooo hard to hit even as a 50 50 28 bm...(blades CD parry)
EDIT:if its 42 points then...how about purge2 IP2 mop3 str1 mob1?

Just a little note - Many shield tanks will get loads of trouble because they kill too slow. Thats why people like Jamiesmallicus went LW spec at some point when he hit RR10 a long time ago. The bad thing about killing slow is that many other RP hungry gimps will spot you and join your little party - or you might just get steamrolled by a FG or 2 ;)

Well, what i wanted to ask you:
May i ask you what you dont like about ST? :D

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
u dont say solo or grp, but since defence wont do u ~any good in grp i guess its solo, in which case... purge2 ip2 pain3 moparry1 moblock1

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
Konah said:
u dont say solo or grp, but since defence wont do u ~any good in grp i guess its solo, in which case... purge2 ip2 pain3 moparry1 moblock1
well i do either but i tend to be solo a lot

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
right with the comments on full val bein a waste an not killing killing fast enough as sword an board ive just had a lil look on char builder an im thinkin of tryin this
42shield,39val,39blades,21lw(get 2 of the side chain an frontal assualt for bigger dammage after slam :p) and 23 parry.
also what is the name of a full respec stone an what am i lookin to pay for one nowadays?

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Cemeterygates said:

u dont get a free point.

ur rr1l1 = 1 point

Dave J.

Banned
A bodyguarding champ with the spec you wrote wouldnt be too bad in a group, but battlemaster isnt really good for soloing unless you have some kind of end reduction (friar, warden).

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Cemeterygates said:
42shield,39val,39blades,21lw(get 2 of the side chain an frontal assualt for bigger dammage after slam :p) and 23 parry.

frontal assault has horrible end useage and the dmg is only a bit better than the anytime, snare is nice tho. u could try my spec, 42val (red snare, 40dd) 50lw 10blade (side snare) 15shield (4s side stun - same as bm - for strafers + guard3) and 35parry. thinking of swapping to 35shield (8s side stun) 15parry but undecided atm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom