New Show from Joss Whedon

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Not sure if anyone has picked this up. New show from Joss Whedon called Dollhouse. Sounds good, not sure how it will work and there is no pilot yet.

Show details (from wikipedia...)

In Dollhouse, Dushku plays a young woman named Echo, a member of a group of people known as "Actives" or "Dolls" who volunteered for the work in the Dollhouse. They give up five years of their lives, and at the end they receive a large sum of money and no memory of anything they did for the Dollhouse. The Dolls have had their personalities wiped clean so they can be imprinted with any number of new personas, including memory, muscle memory, skills, and language, for different assignments. They're then hired out for particular jobs, crimes, fantasies, and occasional good deeds. On missions, Actives are monitored internally (and remotely) by Handlers. In between tasks, they are mind-wiped into a child-like state and live in a futuristic dormitory/laboratory, a hidden facility nicknamed "The Dollhouse". The story follows Echo, who begins, in her mind-wiped state, to become self-aware.[15][2]

Beyond Dushku's character, the show will also revolve around the people who run the mysterious "Dollhouse" and two other "Dolls", Victor and Sierra, who are friendly with Echo. Although the Actives are ostensibly volunteers, the operation is highly illegal and under constant threat from Paul Smith, a determined federal agent who has heard a rumor about the dolls on one end and an insane rogue Active on the other.[2]

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Ooh looks good, hopefully FOX won't be complete idiots this time round for him and actually show it in order and at a time when people can watch it easily. Unlike a previous amazing show that FOX butchered.

Damini

Part of the furniture
There are trailers and clips floating around if you search.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
thought i would be the first to say it

Screw this givf Firefly!!

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Blatantly cribbed from Street Fighter.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
You may be interested in this as well.

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog on Vimeo

Joss Whedon makes 3 10 minute web shows with Neil Patrick Harris and Nathon Fillon.
"It's the story of a low-rent super-villain, the hero who keeps beating him up, and the cute girl from the laundromat he's too shy to talk to."

It's out later this summer, but there's a trailer that looks funny.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Erm, sound's like La Femme Nikita except instead of going on spy missions, they might go out on a date instead...

Aada

Part of the furniture
Sounds great!

The problem is it isn't another Cop show or Reality TV program and it will be pulled after 8 episodes and released on a DVD in the UK retailing around £40.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I think it sounds shit.

But then it's Joss Whedon, so I'm sure it'll end up being ace.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I agree, I think it sounds shit. Plus, who is this Joss, and why have people heard of him/her?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
He's the guy behind Buffy the Vampire Slayer (and the spin off Angel), Firefly and it's film spin-off Serenity. He's got a real die-hard cult following, I believe he writes some comic books too.

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
I thought he said he would never do anything with FOX again after Firefly.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Sar

Part of the furniture
Man's a loon, but a genius loon though.

Serenity is a brilliant film, and I wasn't all that much into Firefly tbh. Plus Buffy was ace as well.

Sounds a bit like a comic series called Athena Inc from about 5 years ago though.

gohan

FH is my second home
Man's a loon, but a genius loon though.

Serenity is a brilliant film, and I wasn't all that much into Firefly tbh. Plus Buffy was ace as well.

Sounds a bit like a comic series called Athena Inc from about 5 years ago though.

:O BLASPHEMY

firefly was the best thing he did by far imo

angel was also excellent

buffy was ok, bit childish at times but still ahd some great 1 liners and was very watchable.....

but if u watch serenity its a good film

if you watch firefly THEN watch serenity its an EXCELLENT film

i wish joss was in some way related to me :<

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Fantasy environments with a rogue element, sounds like Westworld to me (and IMDB reports it is being remade).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom