NEW server

popa

Fledgling Freddie
extended downtime tuesday the 21st 08:00-08:00 gmt for new tranquility server

ppl say that is a cluster formed by 70 IBM servers, and that each server is @ 9000 € :eek2:

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
popa said:

ppl say that is a cluster formed by 70 IBM servers, and that each server is @ 9000 € :eek2:

Cheap IMO :)

I'm looking potentially to be buying 1000 €30,000 servers in the next couple of years, that's real power :)

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
popa said:

Care to explain this? Im too lazy to check news section on eve site - This a new server with no performance issues (hopefully) or is it just a new server. With the same name. Silly question, i think i just answered it myself really but please, do elaborate.

Jorge Regula

Fledgling Freddie
Doomy said:
Care to explain this? Im too lazy to check news section on eve site - This a new server with no performance issues (hopefully) or is it just a new server. With the same name. Silly question, i think i just answered it myself really but please, do elaborate.

Focus on hopefully.

motestw

Fledgling Freddie
well read the devblogs LOL its not even close 9000 euros you think its some
daoc crap ??

motestw

Fledgling Freddie
2/21/2006 10:53:29 AM
Tranquility Hardware Upgrades Today 21st of February 08:00-08:00 GMT!

We're doing massive hardware upgrades to Tranquility, for 24 hours, starting 08:00 GMT on Tuesday morning. We're fully replacing all our proxy and application layer, a total of 70 IBM Dual Processor 64-bit Opteron Blade Servers, moving to a new hosting center and upgrading our internet backbones. In the coming months, we will procede with our database layer upgrades to 64-bit and further TMS Solid-State RAMSAN storage. We apologize for any inconvenience this upgrade may cause.

ok this isnt all the new hardware CCP is getting in beside they are moving the old ramsan from the old TQ too the new one soo the new TQ is going too run on 2 Ramsan 400

Ramsan 400 we talk cash investments

Ok some data and hardware is going too be bought but ccp wont tell what that sort of hardware is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom