TV New Season!

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
What was wrong with it?
They spent a couple of episodes building up to them being severed outside work and he just figured out in the nick of time that his wife who he thought had died in real life was actually someone his innie worked with every day. It was a great way to end the season for me.
It just felt like a middle of an episode ending rather than season end. I guess I can look at that 2 ways, I was loving it and wanted more or it was frustrating as fuck! Milchick is definitely Johnson out of Peep Show as well.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.

View: https://youtu.be/mP-M9ujJ_QA?t=6m14s

You wait a whole season and get this, as soon as that happened I was so nope I'm out

Not sure what you're trying to say to be honest. Both the Severance and that Lost season finales are literally cliff-hanger endings, good ones at that, built upon story elements that have preceded them for the rest of the season. They make you want to immediately want to watch the next episode, and hence give the viewer anticipation for the next season. The Lost one is especially a bad example since the cold opening that immediately follows it in the first episode of Lost Season 2 is in the argument for the best opening scenes to an episode / season in a TV show of all time and wouldn't have had the same impact without that earlier ending. Say what you like about the later seasons of Lost but the first few were great TV.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Not sure what you're trying to say to be honest. Both the Severance and that Lost season finales are literally cliff-hanger endings, good ones at that, built upon story elements that have preceded them for the rest of the season. They make you want to immediately want to watch the next episode, and hence give the viewer anticipation for the next season. The Lost one is especially a bad example since the cold opening that immediately follows it in the first episode of Lost Season 2 is in the argument for the best opening scenes to an episode / season in a TV show of all time and wouldn't have had the same impact without that earlier ending. Say what you like about the later seasons of Lost but the first few were great TV.
It just didn't do it for me, which was a shame as it had people in it from other series I really liked.

I think severance is more nuanced as well because you know they're spilt in twain from the start, the mystery box is sitting on the table the whole time and the perspective just keeps shifting. Lost was too traditionally layered, like how Stargate SG-1 always started a new series with "so you thought they were the big bad, well think again"

Trem

I tried it. It did my fucking head in. Lost was just not my thing (at the time). I mean, I may have been over that whole freaky, oooooh, that bird is my mother shit at that time in my life.

Never seen a Prison Break either.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The first season of Prison Break was fantastic but they made the mistake of only ever planning for one season and then desperately trying to think up new story to stretch it out because it turned out to be was popular. If I remember right the 2nd and 3rd seasons were alright before it descended into farce. I don't think I even finished it and I definitely didn't watch the movie. Same with Heroes - started off brilliantly and then completely lost its way as it progressed.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I also quite liked Prison Break, but yeah, it lost its way pretty hard.

Trem

As mentioned by Emb, The Offer is very enjoyable and interesting. It sounds like it'll be shit but it's actually really good.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The final episode of obi wan is fantastic. Hayden Christensen did a wonderful job with a simple grin. And I love how they tied up a few loose ends.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I'm not sure I can be arsed with it after the last season but the 4th season of Westworld has started.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Don't think I even finished season 2. Loved the first season and quite liked what I saw of the 2nd, but at some point I stopped "Tuning in next week" I might give it another crack at some point.

Trem

I'm not sure I can be arsed with it after the last season but the 4th season of Westworld has started.
I fucked it off after the first season. It bored the piss out of me. If I saw that girl drop that fucking can one more I would have ended myself.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I fucked it off after the first season. It bored the piss out of me. If I saw that girl drop that fucking can one more I would have ended myself.

Yeah you need to stick to it.

Watch s1.
Deal with s2.
Watch s3.
TBC S4.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
S1 was really good IMO. And should have stopped there.

All subsequent stuff sucked balls.

Trem

S1 was really good IMO. And should have stopped there.

All subsequent stuff sucked balls.
I realise I'm in the minority but it bored me to tears. Arrrgghhh that fucking can!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Only Murders in the Building is back for its second season. Great little show.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Hulu so Disney Plus (I think?). The channel I watch it on starts with p and ends with iracy.

Trem

Hulu so Disney Plus (I think?). The channel I watch it on starts with p and ends with iracy.
I'm still on news groups, proper old school. I do have an invite for IPT if you ever need one.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Latest ST:SNW
Aww, ffs, Hemmer

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
End of the penultimate season of Stranger Things

Marc

FH is my second home
Episode 4 was incredible. I love the darker tone of this season, they're all basically adults now and the show has kind of grown more mature with them. The music is always quality as well.

I was sure it wouldn't (only because she's a main character and it was halfway through the run of episodes) but at the same time I was terrified that that opening was going to slam shut and they'd have to watch her get snapped in a million directions.

That shoot-out in the house was tops as well. I'm sure they wouldn't have done anything as "grown up" as that with the main cast in previous seasons.

Also, fuck Yuri.

I take it back. The last episode of this season topped episode 4. Wow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom