TV New Season!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Mare of Easttown finale.

Brilliant. It was too obvious for it to have been John or Billy, especially when it all seemed to be tied up with 40 minutes of the episode left. I knew there was more to Ryan's story but I thought maybe he'd just seen somebody do something and wasn't the killer himself.

Outstanding series though.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Just seen that Netflix has cancelled Jupiter Legacy S2. Actors released from contracts.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Just seen that Netflix has cancelled Jupiter Legacy S2. Actors released from contracts.
Netflix is going to end up with an original content library of incomplete shite if it keeps this up.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Netflix is going to end up with an original content library of incomplete shite if it keeps this up.
With Amazon's buyout of MGM I do wonder why they are not trying to develop strong IP material. Odd decision on Legacy for me. Was decent enough and most of S1 was just the origin tale.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Odd decision on Legacy for me. Was decent enough and most of S1 was just the origin tale.
The first season cost $200m to produce. Ignoring the fact it still managed to look like a CW show given that budget the number of viewers versus the money spent meant the Netflix algorithm quickly came to the conclusion it wasn't worth it to continue.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Most of Netflix original content is tat to be fair.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Most of Netflix original content is tat to be fair.

Agree, which is why I think they really need some decent IP and to develop a following for it. Do the whole cancel after 1 season too much and people won't even make the effort.

I struggle to find anything on Netflix worth a go right now. The occasional movie but have watched more Disney and Sky recently even ITV and All4 has had more interesting media for me.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I just pick Netflix up for a month here and there now. No point keeping a sub, especially since they ramped their prices up, despite having very little new content.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
So Loki is off to a good start. Even if its fairly obvious how its going to end

A single "sacred timeline"? Terrible idea, that has to go

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber

I would imagine that is the purpose of this series. If Loki destroys the sacred timeline it opens up the multiverse & time travel for the MCU leaving possibilities for realities where he does become ruler or save his mother or both, etc.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Really enjoyed it.

Yep. "Evil loki" that's taking out the TVA is probably actually going to be cast as the good guy at some twisty point. But I like the fact that a Marvel thing is actually talking about predeterminism vs free will.

Owen Wilson looks nicely cast there too. But is effectively playing himself again. Which is fine :)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I really don't like streaming platforms.

But why? Normal channels would just have them make a pilot then cancel it there and then - this way they give them a proper chance.

Jupiter's Legacy was shit I lasted about 3 eps before I got bored of the cliche characters and the fake beards.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
But why? Normal channels would just have them make a pilot then cancel it there and then - this way they give them a proper chance.

Jupiter's Legacy was shit I lasted about 3 eps before I got bored of the cliche characters and the fake beards.

Jupiter's Legacy is just one (not very good comic either) show. The problem with the Netflix algorithm approach is that properties based on book or comic series' often go up and down in quality over their lifetime as their source material does, and the algorithm doesn't allow for that. So for example the last season of the Expanse was brilliant, but the season before kind of sucked, which would have killed the whole show if it was on Netflix, as happened with Altered Carbon, even though the later books are better.

Sometimes shows need the opportunity to breathe, and also traditional genre TV on domestic channels actually accepts that there will be a long-term decline in audience numbers with few new pickups, especially if its a show with an arc (the logic being they can get the money back on a long-running show in syndication); Netflix doesn't.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Started off fine, love John De Lancie. But seven of nine looking in a mirror for what exactly?
Because it's illustrating that her Borg implants never existed as this is timey wimey wibbly wobbly shit by the looks of it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Because it's illustrating that her Borg implants never existed as this is timey wimey wibbly wobbly shit by the looks of it.
Never a borg but looks and feels like one with the same memories I bet.

Meh. It's Picard, not seven of nine.

Still. 100% gonna watch.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Never a borg but looks and feels like one with the same memories I bet.
Obviously given timey wimey wibbly wobbly shit.

I know I'm in dream land here but I really want the "time is broken" stuff to be a reference to Discovery and Kelvin and wiping that stuff out of existance.

What we're probably going to get is a whole series that takes the concept from All Good Things and spreads it so thin across a whole series that it becomes translucent.

In b4 (not Data... geddit?) John De Lancie says "the trial never ends" (or "the trial is over" because everyone writing Piccard is hell bent on ruining everything good in Trek lore)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Not TV and I'm not sure if its new but Louis Theroux's podcast series, grounded, is very good.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm enjoying Clarkson's Farming series.
I am, but he's still a dick. And with all his money he could fuck off his monoculture shite and do an actual good job of it. I think the best thing to come from it is the fact that it shows that farmers work hard.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I am, but he's still a dick. And with all his money he could fuck off his monoculture shite and do an actual good job of it. I think the best thing to come from it is the fact that it shows that farmers work hard.

I feel like it was an eye opener for him, but his audience aint really about that, so he couldn't harp on about it too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom