TV New Season!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
This one has potential

First 3 episodes were really good. Good so far.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Started watching the Sky Original Show ZeroZeroZero.

Fucking love it.

That is all.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
This weeks Wandavision was so good I had to change my underwear afterwards.
We finished the season yesterday evening.... awsome show - I am looking forward to the next season...

JBP|

Part of the furniture
We finished the season yesterday evening.... awsome show - I am looking forward to the next season...
As far as I know there are no plans for a second season of Wandavision, we won't be seeing The Scarlet Witch again until Doctor Strange 2 next year.
Next up on Disney+ is The Falcon And Bucky Show. I can't see it being as good as Wandavision.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I loved WandaVision... But i wonder (hah) how these shows will feel long term. Theres just so much going on that makes no sense if you dont know at least something about MCUs past movies.

Will it mean death or forced renewals/reboots as new generations and fans try to pick it up?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I loved WandaVision... But i wonder (hah) how these shows will feel long term. Theres just so much going on that makes no sense if you dont know at least something about MCUs past movies.

Will it mean death or forced renewals/reboots as new generations and fans try to pick it up?

Wandavision is a test of a new concept. Think of it as an extended movie instead of a typical TV series. Disney are trying to make Disney+ indispensable to the MCU movie audience and so are deliberately making shows like Wandavision to be just as important to the overall MCU narrative as the movies. This is actually what a lot of fans wanted from AoS and the Netflix shows, but we never got because Disney+ was obviously on the drawing board when the Netflix shows began to air and they didn't see the benefit of giving Netflix the MCU secret sauce, and unfortunately Kevin Fiege and Ike Perlmutter (boss of Marvel TV at the time) hated each other. Now Fiege runs content on movies and TV (not to mention some Star Wars responsibilities) and he's proven his mastery of keeping all these narrative balls in the air. Personally I'm really looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

FWIW I liked a lot of the Wandavision finale but I think the Evan Peters' cameo was a mistake in the end; it was misdirection that ended up feeling a bit cheap.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Wandavision is a test of a new concept. Think of it as an extended movie instead of a typical TV series. Disney are trying to make Disney+ indispensable to the MCU movie audience and so are deliberately making shows like Wandavision to be just as important to the overall MCU narrative as the movies. This is actually what a lot of fans wanted from AoS and the Netflix shows, but we never got because Disney+ was obviously on the drawing board when the Netflix shows began to air and they didn't see the benefit of giving Netflix the MCU secret sauce, and unfortunately Kevin Fiege and Ike Perlmutter (boss of Marvel TV at the time) hated each other. Now Fiege runs content on movies and TV (not to mention some Star Wars responsibilities) and he's proven his mastery of keeping all these narrative balls in the air. Personally I'm really looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

FWIW I liked a lot of the Wandavision finale but I think the Evan Peters' cameo was a mistake in the end; it was misdirection that ended up feeling a bit cheap.
They certainly didn't do the cameo any favours with the naff name either.

Agents of Shield worked out well enough in the end but it certainly lost some of its shine in the middle as the distance from the movies widened. Thankfully I think they patched that up quite nicely with the ending. Hopefully those characters will see some more use even if it's only in the backdrop of the next phase.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Not a new season by any stretch of the imagination, but I discovered Ash vs Evil Dead over the weekend.

Oh. My. God. It is epic. So over the top, and so many nods to other horror films/games. Some genius casting too, like getting the 6 Million Dollar Man to play his dad.

Oh, and that scene in the morgue. Jesus. Christ. How the fuck did they get away with that?

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
The One

Didn't even realise it was on Netflix, thought it was a Beeb production. We're on the last 2 episodes now (8 total).

DaGaffer

Can I just say the latest series of Top Gear has started really well, and the whole driving your Dad's car thing was delightful (I got a bit emotional), as well as that bonkers Lambo.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
The One

Didn't even realise it was on Netflix, thought it was a Beeb production. We're on the last 2 episodes now (8 total).

Sounds very much like this show

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Can I just say the latest series of Top Gear has started really well, and the whole driving your Dad's car thing was delightful (I got a bit emotional), as well as that bonkers Lambo.
My dad had a triumph toledo when i were a nipper.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I didn't even know it was still running!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Same.

My Dad's car was the Ford Cortina (many diff models until they stopped making it). Brought back so many memories but one especially that involved my Mum.

Mum and all us kids had just stopped off at the local newsagents on the way home. She started up the car and went to put it into 1st gear and the whole gearstick came out in her hand. We all just sat there for 5 mins laughing our arses off. Basically the nut holding the gearstick had worked its way loose.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Same.

My Dad's car was the Ford Cortina (many diff models until they stopped making it). Brought back so many memories but one especially that involved my Mum.

Mum and all us kids had just stopped off at the local newsagents on the way home. She started up the car and went to put it into 1st gear and the whole gearstick came out in her hand. We all just sat there for 5 mins laughing our arses off. Basically the nut holding the gearstick had worked its way loose.

We had that with my Dad's Belmont SRi, which he bought from new only to watch it spend 3 years reducing itself to it's component parts. After a brief stay with a Rover (416 GTi no less!) he got his first BMW, which will always be the standout memory.

After the Belmont and Rover a 325i was an absolute rocket ship, which produced large amounts of fun when we moved to France for 18 months and he took it with us. I remember the dual carriageway on the way up to the Puy De Dome, him racing all the locals and giving it a good spanking, causing my mum to shriek and me to grin like an idiot. He bought another 16 BMW's over the next 25 years or so, some faster, some better equipped, but that 325i will always be the one I remember.

Then there was the drive home from Clermont to Stoke, with his colleague in the front seat who was also the French equivalent to a Special Constable at the time. This meant speed limits didn't really apply, and we spent the 7 hours or so from Clermont to Calais cruising between 120 and 140 mph without a care in the world.

Good times.

DaGaffer

Falcon & The Winter Soldier; good opening ep; obviously much more "conventional" than Wandavision

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Falcon & The Winter Soldier; good opening ep; obviously much more "conventional" than Wandavision
Will yarrrr! tjat later.

D/L'd the "Zach Snyder Justice League" cut last night. Four hours! Halfway through. But feels much better/less disjointed than the shitshow it was last time around.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Rewatching The Terror. If you didn't see it last time round iirc it was on BT, it is on Iplayer now.

Edit, season 2 looks good too.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Just tried to watch The Irregulars as netflix had been pushing it so hard, major disappointment compared to blurb and trailer

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The men who built America: Frontiersmen.

Very good, on Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom