TV New Season!

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
We are also watching Mandalorian which my hubby is enjoying a lot - I wasn’t really a SW fan even so it is entertaining

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I just watched white lines on netflix.

what part of that wasnt an 18? I cant believe it got a 15.

i think my head would have exploded in 1988 if 15 yr old me could have gotten this. Lol

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
This makes some very good points, although it gets a bit cry-wank towards the end :)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec95iVCqvao

Honestly can't disagree with any of that. I don't really care about continuity and canon in Doctor Who because its impossible to keep it all straight, but literally making the Doctor a chosen one trope is an utterly hack move and was profoundly lazy. Bad writing (really bad) has been very much the theme of the Jodie Whittaker era and this was the cherry on top. The terrible writing on current Doctor Who is quite hard to fathom because Chris Chibnall is a good writer; he's not some chancer who lucked into running a big show.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Honestly can't disagree with any of that. I don't really care about continuity and canon in Doctor Who because its impossible to keep it all straight, but literally making the Doctor a chosen one trope is an utterly hack move and was profoundly lazy. Bad writing (really bad) has been very much the theme of the Jodie Whittaker era and this was the cherry on top. The terrible writing on current Doctor Who is quite hard to fathom because Chris Chibnall is a good writer; he's not some chancer who lucked into running a big show.
Yeah but they're clearly making a point of throwing everything in the bin and starting over. The current iteration lost me when they took all the potential that had been created with the "Gallifrey Falls No More" story and basically went, "nah, no need to search, explore or go on any adventures because Gallifrey is right here and it totally did fall"

Biggest disappointment for me though is that Sacha Dhawan is really great as the master and I think he's going to be completely wasted if the terrible writing continues

Embattle

FH is my second home

i think my head would have exploded in 1988 if 15 yr old me could have gotten this. Lol

I think I watched The Exorcist when I was about 15 while the film was still illegal to watch in the UK, it didn't do anything for me and I didn't find it scary but then I was told it was different for those who are deeply religious at the time it came out.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I think I watched The Exorcist when I was about 15 while the film was still illegal to watch in the UK, it didn't do anything for me and I didn't find it scary but then I was told it was different for those who are deeply religious at the time it came out.
I meant with all the boobage and drugs and all in it i would have wanked myself silly for weeks.

not that it would have been shocking.

;)

DaGaffer

Did you enjoy it? Apart from all the nudity I mean?
I finished watching it last night, and i have to say i found it odd that i watched 10 episodes of a show where i disliked literally every character but one

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I finished watching it last night, and i have to say i found it odd that i watched 10 episodes of a show where i disliked literally every character but one

Marks out of 10 guys?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
it was ok. Some funny bits in it. But year most of the characters were pretty generic washups. Dont get me wrong the nudity was ok. The missus prefered the story line more than me.(/Spoiler]

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just got round to watching the trailer @Wij. (That "apple is fucking amazing just like Azimov" shit they put up front almost made me turn it off!)

Liberties-o-matic, clearly. It's going to be very loosely based.

But you bet yo' ass I'll be watching it. After I've re-read the first three books again :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

I've just seen an advert for this, it looks great. Eight parts, the first was last night.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
No. Never even knew it existed let alone that its in its 3rd season!

DaGaffer

It's dubbed into English but you can have it in original German with subtitles.

I started watching it last night and I quite like it (got a bit of a Stranger Things vibe) but I'm going to have to switch to subtitles; the dubbing with American accents is awful.

DaGaffer

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom