TV New Season!

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Is Hannibal based on the films, but set before?

Yes it's set before the films but it takes more elements from the original books than the films did. I believe they plan to get to the story of the first book (Red Dragon) next season assuming it's not cancelled by then. It's quite unusual for a US network show in that there are only 13 episodes per season but as they say, quality not quantity.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Yes it's set before the films but it takes more elements from the original books than the films did. I believe they plan to get to the story of the first book (Red Dragon) next season assuming it's not cancelled by then. It's quite unusual for a US network show in that there are only 13 episodes per season but as they say, quality not quantity.

Thanks

It worked for Daredevil having a short run

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Finished Aquarius can't really recommend, it just doesn't go anywhere.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Finished Sense8 and the wife is totally bewildered by it all, I quite enjoyed it but so many plot holes

leggy

Probably Scottish
Reading that S2 of true detective is a let down.

Plus Rachel Mcadams gives me rage.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Think it airs this summer. It's on HBO so you can probably check their website for more accuracy.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I'm giving Complications a go, because Matt Nix (Burn Notice). I'm a bit into the second episode and holy cow it's bad; it has first season cancellation written all over it.

Zarjazz

There hasn't been any decent real sci-fi shows for a while but things are looking up, two shows that seem pretty good so far:

Dark Matter - Made by the same writers / producers of Stargate and it has that same jokey team interaction vibe as SG:1 & SG:A (but nothing like SG:Universe thank god). Two episodes out so far and it shows potential.

Killjoys - Only the first episode out but I'm loving it so far and not just because the female lead is a babe. It's produced by the station that made Continuum but has the writer of Lost Girl, so it looks great, the dialog is fast & fun, and it has everything you'd expect from a proper old-school sci-fi show.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
There hasn't been any decent real sci-fi shows for a while but things are looking up, two shows that seem pretty good so far:

Dark Matter - Made by the same writers / producers of Stargate and it has that same jokey team interaction vibe as SG:1 & SG:A (but nothing like SG:Universe thank god). Two episodes out so far and it shows potential.

Killjoys - Only the first episode out but I'm loving it so far and not just because the female lead is a babe. It's produced by the station that made Continuum but has the writer of Lost Girl, so it looks great, the dialog is fast & fun, and it has everything you'd expect from a proper old-school sci-fi show.

Dark Matter looks promising but i'm not so sure about Killjoys. I found Killjoys a little bit dull. I will give it some more time but it didnt pull me in.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Dark Matter looks promising but i'm not so sure about Killjoys. I found Killjoys a little bit dull. I will give it some more time but it didnt pull me in.
Found both quite dull, Dark Matter after watching Ep2 and Killjoys from the start. Will persevere to see if they improve

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Anyone watching Wayward Pines, any good?

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Does True Detective S2 need it's own thread?

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Heroes Reborn - A new series of Heroes starts in September!

Has new characters and a new story line but also has a few old characters such as Hiro.

Zarjazz

Aww, NBC have cancelled Hannibal. I hope someone else (rumoured to be Hulu) picks it up, I really enjoy that show (and apparently Clarice Starling was going to appear in the next season).

That sucks but not that unexpected. However cancelling it this early in its season does give them time to sell it elsewhere. It's exactly the kind of show that Netflix and the like would pick up given the chance. As for Clarice, I read that wasn't 100% confirmed because of a complicated licensing & legal bullshit. Her character rights are owned by a separate company to Hannibal or some such shit which they still haden't make an agreement with.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Sense 8, jsut saw a trailer for it, worth the time? Anything to compare to as a show? Something like Heroes(which bored me), or something else?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Btw if anyones looking for something new to watch - I can recommend Tyrant.

It's pretty good.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Just saw the first episode of Mr. Robot.
I liked it a lot. First show in a long time that are hacker-centric (I'm sure that's a word) with actual real existing technology, not made up hollywood bullshit poop crap #¤&&#¤%# (CSI: Cyber).

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I've just hammered through the first season of The Last Ship, saw it on SKY box sets and thought I'd give it a whirl. Really enjoyed it, despite some of it being very far fetched :)

Currently streaming episode 1 of Season 2!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I gave up on The Last Ship a few episodes in, I always meant to go back and binge watch the rest of season 1 but never got around to it. I think I got pissed off with the vomit inducing "MERICA!" nonsense. Like, John-Casey-from-Chuck gave some speech on the bridge and somebody stepped forward and asked for "permission to salute the XO" or some mushy rubbish like that. It was entertaining though, I should go back and wade through it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom