New RvR server

Aoir

Fledgling Freddie
I think a new RvR server should be man But without ToA and NF just Running on SI for all the people that like the old ways.....

I believe it should be a server were all the server can go on but, for example The french server and Alb the Uk servers are Hib and The mid servers and German just i thinking of quick Daoc as the game was best in SI...

Post you opinions plz

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
been suggested before

it'd be a graveyard within a month.

Aoir

Fledgling Freddie
Argh di not know but i believe that it would be alot better to put some servers back to old frontires or SI the new daoc bores me apart from THid and that coz its small

Case

Fledgling Freddie
i doubt many would really want to go back to the emain rat run style rvr

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Wont do any good to make more threads about this. Its been discussed a zillion times before, 9 out of 10, Requiel/Zenythe or Xalin has answered that it will never happen. Only chance of it happening would be if Mythic approved the idea, and made a similiar server first afaik. So.. dream on. :p

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Why do you think is Mythic working on new expansions and AddOns when nobody´s gonna play them?
As soon as the game is in a state of stagnition, it´s bound to die pretty fast. People may be bitching and moaning about new stuff, but at the end of the day, that´s what´s keeping the game alive.

Cyfr

Banned
I'd post a link to daoc shards where this is possible, but someone always removes my links even tho it's perfectly legal ;o. Goa must be scared about custom going to an unfinished game or somethin ;)

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Cyfr said:
I'd post a link to daoc shards where this is possible, but someone always removes my links even tho it's perfectly legal ;o. Goa must be scared about custom going to an unfinished game or somethin ;)

maybe they are scared it will turn out the same as with UO: they didnt listen to what the players wanted so they started their own servers which had much better rulesets and became very popular :D

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Cyfr said:

the custom ones are based off of stolen code I believe - which is classed as Warez which isn't allowed on FH, sorry :)

Cyfr

Banned
No They are not as i've explained before. The code is 100% their own, go and check it out if you don't believe me, it's open source, mythic can compare it to their code if they wish. I've watched them develop it and it's certainly not stolen code.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Cyfr said:
No They are not as i've explained before. The code is 100% their own, go and check it out if you don't believe me, it's open source, mythic can compare it to their code if they wish. I've watched them develop it and it's certainly not stolen code.
Using the DAoC client in any other fashion than on official servers breeches copyright, so sorry, it is illegal. Also, they require you to modify your DAoC, again Illegal.

Cyfr

Banned
Modify daoc? I never did that.
I don't know exact copyright law, but i don't see how using the product you bought on other servers is ilegal..

If you can find somewhere that says that then i'll accept you are correct, but I don't currently belive that

Firebirth

Fledgling Freddie

* By the terms of this EULA, we grant you the non-exclusive right to use the Software for the sole purpose of playing the Expansion, via an authorised, fully paid Account. No reproduction (with the exception of a single copy solely for backup purposes), distribution, surrender either free of charge or for a fee, lease, loan, modification, creation of derivative works, adaptation, translation, broadcast, subletting or transfer of the Licence is permitted."

In the EULA. GOA and Mythic have stated in the past that players running servers of thier own iterations of the game is illgal and in the midst of that above law jargon.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
The term on derivative works covers making your own servers. Additionally, creating your own DAoC server infringes Mythic's intellectual property, which is also illegal. Even if they wrote 100% of the code, ripping off someone else's design wholesale is illegal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom