New rvr guild, Prydwen

Smellysox

One of Freddy's beloved
Eva said:
Pala end range = 1000. Mercs will be out side that when a pally is bg'ing. That is what makes it useless. If you use an end reg pot when pally is out of range and he come into range after the pot is gone, but timer is there. It's nothing but problems when you have a pally bging. Friar > pally for bg. Merc/Reaver > pally for damage. Pally is not a needed class anymore, not even close.
poppycock .

Martok

Part of the furniture
Eva said:
Pala end range = 1000. Mercs will be out side that when a pally is bg'ing. That is what makes it useless. If you use an end reg pot when pally is out of range and he come into range after the pot is gone, but timer is there. It's nothing but problems when you have a pally bging. Friar > pally for bg. Merc/Reaver > pally for damage. Pally is not a needed class anymore, not even close.

Ive played a merc the whole time ive played daoc as my main and that is BS

1. if your a good merc you keep to 2000 units heal range
2. you extend and alot of the time the pally will extend with you
3. if the pally is bging then you try to fight good targets in or just around that range, failing that you charge off use all your end and interupt to fuck also dont forget mercs get tireless.
4. pallys reists chants are ubar yes need twisting but if your a good pally you cna do that.
5. pallys are better bgers in all and are needed for tank groups, caster groups i would say yes a frair since the end is not needed as much.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Gamah said:
Good luck its tough launching a new RvR guild, and many egos like to see you fall on your face.
It doesn't always go that way, but it does when you act like a ****.

Yshynsin

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry guys im afraid that i am no longer continuing as GM of retribution, i had very little intrest but that people that did show intrest i am appriciative of. Also, i have alot of my school coursework coming up and i can't spend alot of time organising a whole guild.

Regards,

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Righthandof said:
pallies have nice resists too, but about the healing yea, ive just never met a good healing friar so far, but that doesnt mean they dont exist.
Do you seriously expect a paladin to twist heal/resists as well as end regen in a fight? I get plenty of moans about lack of end already, and need the end my pala would use to twist sprint and style.

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Manisch Depressiv said:
That went fast :(.

LOL, Just read this post now.

Fucking rocks for me <o/ after saying no to another group.

But IRL> Game, Just wish i had of been told earlier ^_^

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Righthandof said:
that just doesnt make any sense.

ppl have been using end of pallies for like 4 years, and they lived with the 1000 range.. and also,
end5 with limited range
End regen has only been around for a bit over two years iirc.

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Straef said:
End regen has only been around for a bit over two years iirc.

ive been playing for 3 years now, started with my paladin, and he had end chant from the very beginning. maybe not 4 years than tho.

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Straef said:
Do you seriously expect a paladin to twist heal/resists as well as end regen in a fight? I get plenty of moans about lack of end already, and need the end my pala would use to twist sprint and style.

if you want to be a good pally, thats no problem, if you know how to twist you can keep resists/damage add/af chant up for 6 seconds out of 8, and keep the end chant up for 8 seconds out of 8. its not an easy class(you need to style, bg, grapple, taunt shot, rezz, use arties, pots...), indeed one of the hardest to play properly, but im happy about it, it has a very high utility and if you know how to handle it it can be mega powerful :flame:

A

Aoln

Righthandof said:
ive been playing for 3 years now, started with my paladin, and he had end chant from the very beginning. maybe not 4 years than tho.
I started less than 3 years ago and there was no end regen in the game :<

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Yshynsin said:
Sorry guys im afraid that i am no longer continuing as GM of retribution, i had very little intrest but that people that did show intrest i am appriciative of. Also, i have alot of my school coursework coming up and i can't spend alot of time organising a whole guild.

Regards,

:( :( :(

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Paladins can't heal as much as friars no matter how much you want to belive in it. Their resists are good, but if paladin dies or is out of range(1000 yet again) they don't get it. The range is to low on paladins chants. If you fight boxed up, sure paladins are good. But then you also fight like retards.

Martok said:
1. if your a good merc you keep to 2000 units heal range
Why? I'm sure a good merc runs around in combat, from 10 range to 2000, perhaps even out of range sometimes.
Martok said:
2. you extend and alot of the time the pally will extend with you
And avoid bg'ing casters and let them die?
martok said:
3. if the pally is bging then you try to fight good targets in or just around that range, failing that you charge off use all your end and interupt to fuck also dont forget mercs get tireless.
You need to be in range for bl so can't be in range all the time. Having no end regen at all is shit imo, then you use an end 3 pot and get into end range... and it got removed by the paladins end5. Then you run out of range again and you got no end and a pot timer.
Martok said:
4. pallys reists chants are ubar yes need twisting but if your a good pally you cna do that.
Again, range.
martok said:
5. pallys are better bgers in all and are needed for tank groups, caster groups i would say yes a frair since the end is not needed as much.
If you run a pure tank group(no casters, 1 sorc at most) I agree. Otherwise I think friar is better.

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
In a caster group, the friar WILL be better than a paladin, simply because the endu is not worth as much.

In a tank group, a pala is only more usefull because of lazy mercs that cba buying end pots.

Most enemy groups are running hybrid groups, with 2+ casters and 2+ tanks. Alot run with only 1 BM/Zerker. If there is only 1 enemy tank hitting your casters, the AF of the BG'er won't mean anything at all, simply because that enemy tank will be 100% grappled untill death. If there's a tank assist train, you need a friar that has big strafing skills, and a decent cleric.

Yes, pala twist is higher % than pala, but no chance in hell can you keep those up all the time, esp not if you're playing the char decent and grapple when you must. Heal chant is to little to mean anything at all, even with RR5, friar heal (even without rej spec) is better and faster. AF chant can be nice if alot of people are rezzed, as this is not a priority for cleric to redo, and so is dmg add.

The only usefull RA palas get is VR (grp heal all but self, insta), but friars have ST, which is alot better. Enemy assist train hits you, put down ST, walk away.

I don't see any way a pala can be better than a friar, in any group. However, i can't say there's way to many good friars around, and they're not always to high rr, so palas will be used alot by the groups that can't get one, or the groups that cba to buy endu pots, (like mine).

Also i'd just like to say, pala is not really hard to play, i twist 8 chants, with endu in the end, it takes me 1 sec. Just basically /stick to the enemy MA, BG his target, and then grapple him. When people in grp going down to 50% health, use VR. Apart from that it's simply, like any other class, use items when needed, like battler etc, and use the correct styles, (power leak/sapping strike ....). It's not a big job :)

Sorry for the essay (!)

Oh, and yes, this is a wajn coz i don't get much groups on him any more :( (damn fotm friars).

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Eva said:
If you run a pure tank group(no casters, 1 sorc at most) I agree. Otherwise I think friar is better.

no, it works the other way. if the group needs end(1+ mercs in it), you want pally.

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Righthandof said:
hmmm, that really surprises me o0
End chant was added 1.60 iirc. Zerk got nerfed in 1.62 due to end + pre nerf zerk was to op. 1.57 was SI so was added just after SI. 3 years ago SI was not released.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
For me Friars are paper BG'ers and only good for a secondary BG/grapple. They qualify for the rest of the stuff that has been mentioned quite nice though.

Both Pally and Friar are supposed to get some boost in 1.82/1.83 and I'd include both in an Alb group.

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
Both Pally and Friar are supposed to get some boost in 1.82/1.83 and I'd include both in an Alb group.

yea some friar/pally love would be nice. to make friars more wanted by caster groups, and make pallies more wanted by tank groups... would be cool

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Eva said:
End chant was added 1.60 iirc. Zerk got nerfed in 1.62 due to end + pre nerf zerk was to op. 1.57 was SI so was added just after SI. 3 years ago SI was not released.

1.53 was when it came in. This was October 2002 in the US, I think we got it in December 2002 (Certainly my Pally was around the high teens when it came in - started him in December 2002).

Darzil

Martok

Part of the furniture
end chant + end buffs were added with the DF patch back in 2002 cant remeber the month so ye draz is right! also 1.60 patch was like toa so you saying we didnt have end till mid of toa?

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Martok said:
end chant + end buffs were added with the DF patch back in 2002 cant remeber the month so ye draz is right! also 1.60 patch was like toa so you saying we didnt have end till mid of toa?
lol.

1.62 was zerk nerf and merc/bm boost fyi. 1.65 was the 'golden SI patch' and 1.66 was toa. 1.5x was SI and when daoc was first released it was 1.3x.

Edit: From 1.57 to 1.5x on si, since I got a bit confused when it was. I'll look it up later. 1.54 was Alchemy/sc atleast and that was just before si iirc.

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
For me Friars are paper BG'ers and only good for a secondary BG/grapple.

Then they have been bad strafers! :D

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Agreed with the above posters who said friar>>pally as a BGer who runs with trian often wond have time to run back and BG in time and with friar/warden u can let em stay back heal and BG and do end drain or power leak while incombat and if a rej/reg warden/friar heals while back with support(not having to BG) he can heal well then 1 cleric/druid will have more time to shear/interupt so better no matter what grp it is imo.

If u want both in grp use them as grapple bots like terror inc does and let ur pet army interupt enemy support/casters and nuke em down

BlackrazoR

Fledgling Freddie
Firstly, its a pity I only just read this as I have been on holiday, my Cabalist would've loved a group on a regular basis.

Manisch Depressiv said:
For me Friars are paper BG'ers and only good for a secondary BG/grapple. They qualify for the rest of the stuff that has been mentioned quite nice though.

Secondly, Mansich what group set-up were you considering that would have paladin and friar in? Givf Arms Love - they can BG better than any other tank. :worthy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom