New Rule for the Galla raids that me and Diriah will make

X

xfear

Firstly I know that some people suggest that rule in the BW, but Diriah got this Idea some weeks ago

The rule is about the Lotto, people who will not lotto for any weapon in a galla raid, will take +10 points for the next raid he comes, i will keep that list, and i hope that many of u are agreed, so if for example, a VW is keeping going our raids for 5 raids, and lottoing for nothing, he will take +50 points at 5th raid, if he is interested to lotto for something

I will update the list weekly in this post

So as u all know, I need all youre critics ^^

Me and Diriah will make 2 galla raids each week ( if we can ofc)
the day of each week will be different, we will not keep a day to do the galla for all weeks, it sux imo, couse people want to do their events, and pliz, if some1 of u want to make a diferent event, PM me in game, so we will not take the same day :)

thnx all ^^

V

Vantros

hmmmm i believe Saady had this ieda and he poched it from a pryd guild

M

mars

nice, are u fellahs preclaiming to like that other dood or no preclaim?~~

X

xfear

If saady got this idea before, i dont know, but if he got it, My Excuses, sorry, I didnt know it

And we are not preclaiming, we only are lottoing for those items we can use

If u want more information, just come to 1 of our raids :p

T

tomee

If random days a 8 gmt start would be good for me sometime if you can arrange diff start times would be ideal ;-).

I not fussed on drops loot etc just some xp ;-)..

C

Chameleon

Sounds kind of good, but remember that some people don't get as much time to play games as others. I would like to attend more gala raids, but just can't make them. If I manage to rearrange things so I can attend one, I then have to go up against others who already have +50 in a lotto. Hardly their fault, but hardly mine either. There are enough things in this game already to encourage people to sit behind their pc's screens for hour on end each day .....
Maybe I did misunderstand the rules though.

G

Gesp

Good idea imo, especially for people make time for every galla raid and losing lottos coz of no luck or raid leader cheating with his friends, i can prolly get something on 8th raid of mine with that rule :)

X

xfear

U will win those 10 points, only if u will NO lotto for an item, if u lotto for an item, u will lose the points u already have etc
So it will keep people lottoing for items that they really need/want ( I didnt speak with Diriah enough about this rule, so i have to do it, I may be wrong )

And I know that there are people that dont have as much time as others, but using the same rule, u will not use the weapon as many times as other people, so let the item to be used as many times as possible imo

We will try to make that galla raids, at different days/hours each week, to let people who have work, or classes, or something like that to come , if u cant come to a raid, its NP, u will be able to come to other raid, we will put the days/hours of each raid, at the amotd Celtic Fist Alliance, and CBH Alliance too, if CBH guild is up for that :)

thats all, :), hope to get more opinions from all of u

X

Ximadir

Nice to take my idea that we did since SI went live on mid/pryd :)

xfear you must make the +10 rule a bit different you can roll for an item but if you dont win it you get the +10 or you would stil loose you modifer and stil win nothing.

S

Shrye

Originally posted by Ch@meleon
Sounds kind of good, but remember that some people don't get as much time to play games as others. I would like to attend more gala raids, but just can't make them. If I manage to rearrange things so I can attend one, I then have to go up against others who already have +50 in a lotto. Hardly their fault, but hardly mine either. There are enough things in this game already to encourage people to sit behind their pc's screens for hour on end each day .....
Maybe I did misunderstand the rules though.

Aye... Don't really like it either, people will just accumulate points so that you'll have no whatsoever chance for the better drops, if it's one of your first raids (or you've recently lottoed). More likely, it'll just cause more people not to show up for raids, because they know they won't have a chance of getting anything.

That's my opinion either, and got to admit I'll probably be one of those staying away as well - despite being able to sit in front of the computer for hours ;]

S

Sharp Thing

what if you have say +40 and you roll for an tiem and get 100, do you keep the +40 for next time or are you screwed? :x

G

Gesp

Originally posted by Shrye
More likely, it'll just cause more people not to show up for raids, because they know they won't have a chance of getting anything.
No, they will show up for modifier and won't lotto just to get an item from the raid, they will wait till they have something useful to lotto.

And good to see someone trying to organise a raid with MUCH more effort and no preclaim, some noobs should learn something.

X

xfear

About all people who dont have time to come to galla raids, Im very sorry, but If u have no time to win the item, u will no have enough time to use it as much as possible imo, so u really no need that Item like other people who can use it everyday, etcetc

and I have to speak and get more details about the rule with Diriah, and to do it better, we need to discuss some details

S

Shrye

Gesp, those who won't be able to participate in more than a couple of raids, and through that make it possibly for them to win anything in a lotto, won't be the ones showing up. They are capable of thinking :p ... and as such, know that it's a waste of time, unless they're going for the xp/sightseeing alone - so why show up to begin with?

S

Shrye

Originally posted by xfear
About all people who dont have time to come to galla raids, Im very sorry, but If u have no time to win the item, u will no have enough time to use it as much as possible imo, so u really no need that Item like other people who can use it everyday, etcetc

lol!

C

ceix

its a good thing imo, gives people more reason to come

dont win anything -> +10 mod for roll next time

i dont wanna go on raids if i've been on 100 raids, and then the stuff i want drops, and some random dude who's on his first raid wins it

(imo you should get a modifier even if you roll, +10 for anyone who doesnt get ANYTHING out of the raid)

D

-Dreama-

ok, I say this with as much respect as anyone could possibly say this with, I also say this with experiance of many many galla raids and uncountable galla lottos:

roflmfao, fat chance and good luck on that rule. After about 4 raids like that you'll be doing Galla with a max of 10 people because people will not put up with that kinda rule. It gives people with no lives an advatage to those who work and have families. As for the deal with them not being able to use the item as much, bullshit. Just because a player chooses not to attend 100% of the galla raids doesn't mean he can't use the item. I see ppl who log on ONLY for PvE, and those who log on ONLY for RvR. So you're saying the PvE players deserve items more than the RvR ones?

B

boni_ofdavoid

Welcome anything that stops people entering lottos for items they will not use. Good idea imo.

X

xfear

I talked to Diriah, and this was the decisition :

People who will NO Lotto for anything will gain 10 points

People who will Lotto for anything and lose the lotto, will gain 5 points

People who will lotto for an item, and win it, his points will be reset

We will put the list of points here after each raid, so all of u will know how many ponts has each person

thats all :p

X

xfear

Kama we will make the raids at different hours/days , we will listen to people who will tell us when they can go to the raid, etc

If someone really wants an item, he can take RvR time, to make a little PvE each week

So people who have work, etc etc, and really want to join us in a raid, can PM me or Diriah in game, and tell us hours he can go to raids, i know that there will be people that will tell us different hours, but we will listen to them, and the hour with more PMs will be the galla hour time, if we see that it is a good hour for a galla raid

We cant do it perfectly, there will be always people agreed and disagreed, we want to make that new rule, so lets make it some galla raids, and lets see how it is working

We took that rule, couse we are disagreed about people who is going each raid, looking for an item, and when it is dropped, a person who only went to 1 galla raid, wins it, the people who went to 5 gallas, for example will get frustated

X

xfear

Kama we will make the raids at different hours/days , we will listen to people who will tell us when they can go to the raid, etc

If someone really wants an item, he can take RvR time, to make a little PvE each week

So people who have work, etc etc, and really want to join us in a raid, can PM me or Diriah in game, and tell us hours he can go to raids, i know that there will be people that will tell us different hours, but we will listen to them, and the hour with more PMs will be the galla hour time, if we see that it is a good hour for a galla raid

We cant do it perfectly, there will be always people agreed and disagreed, we want to make that new rule, so lets make it some galla raids, and lets see how it will be working

We took that rule, couse we are disagreed about people who is going each raid, looking for an item, and when it is dropped, a person who only went to 1 galla raid, wins it, the people who went to 5 gallas, for example will get frustated

O

old.0xygen

I don't like this. It will result in people going on raids just to get points until they have enuff. Then when the item they are after drops they get it and nobody else has a chance

X

xfear

if they will do this, they will leave lots of drops in the galla raids they left, and all those drops will be lotto and give to other people who went to the raid, so its the same

W

wyleia

I think you have misunderstood the point of the +10 rule that The Last Watch set up for their Caer Sidi hunts on Prydwen.

The point of giving people +10 to their roll in the next hunt they attend lotto is so that EVENTUALLY they will walk away with a drop.

If I go to 10 hunts and the item i want drops EACH time, and i lotto for it and never win it.. i will accumulate +10 for each hunt I attended and walked away with no item. So eventually I WILL GET An item, even if its by default having +100. This is fair because this person has been on 10 hunts and not gotten a thing, and should have a better chance than someone on their first or second hunt.

Also, items go to people who really want them. If I attend lots of hunts and have +50 in modifier saved up and some so-so item drops for my class, which i do not really need, but its the only item I can roll for, I will probably opt NOT to roll for it, but to just get another +10 for next time, rather than risk losing my bigf +50 modifier.

With The Last Watch Raids to Caer Sidi, this TRULLY works. If you regularly attend their hunts you usually go no more than 3-4 hunts without getting an item (unless ofc you are saving all your points to roll for the ubersword or whatever)

SO basically you do not lose your Points UNTIL you win an item. Also, in their hunts, you can roll for as many items as you want, as long as its something u can use with your char (or the alt u specified you would roll for). You can only win one item, and when you win that item, you are reset to +0.

(Why do you want to penalize people who roll for an item and only give them +5? They are risking their points to roll for that item anyways)

O

old.SOSAGES

+10 is a lot ..id be pissed if i rolled 98 and some fella on his 10th raid got 1 and ended up winning with 101
oh well hes been on 10 raids and thats my first, big bloody deal, so i would have to wait X amounts of raids agin for the drop to appear...id probably take my chance in the normal lotto and settle for +5 if/when i lose..

its a lotto not 100% chance that u will win thats the whole point of it u want an item that much get a guild group and hope to get lucky..

seems silly thats all but i doubt there is a perfect way of doing it except to hard code into game "can only carry galla weapons your speced for"

if i went and got a lotto ticket for teh first time and won 9 mil and the thousands of people that enter every week didnt get a penny ..what would u want me to do give em all a tenner for taking part..u sometimes cant get the items u want mythic made it that way so we dont all wonder round looking well ard ..its a hard knock life......

anyway im off had my little rant

W

wyleia

Originally posted by old.SOSAGES
[B
if i went and got a lotto ticket for teh first time and won 9 mil and the thousands of people that enter every week didnt get a penny ..what would u want me to do give em all a tenner for taking part..u sometimes cant get the items u want mythic made it that way so we dont all wonder round looking well ard ..its a hard knock life......

[/B]

No, but in order for Galla Raids to be successful and easy, you need a big turnout. This is motivation for people to come help work at this. And yes you can still win without a modifier. I went up against people wiht 50 modifiers in TLW hunts and still won with +0.

Anyways, this system is tried and proven to work VERY well... take a look at the Sidi Raid Rules:
http://www.thelastwatch.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1373

And what happens when they have unclaimed loot, or items returned to them due to the person not using:
http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?threadid=69190

(you can actually buy unclaimed/returned loot with your modifier)

O

old.SOSAGES

heh im easy ...

i think mythic should expand on the lotto idea its a great system but needs some code behind it to keep track of stuff would also be nice to click on some one do Shift+i and find out what spec they are .

oh and add an automated "list" for fins that u lose ur spot as soon as u log out for over 5 mins ..

anyway

good luck on the raids im more than happy to come along and good on u for organising them but u have to understand lots of greedy people out there :(

Users who are viewing this thread