New Router help

Aada

Part of the furniture
Hi all i am looking to buy a new router i have this atm

Belkin f5d7231-4 from what i have read so far it's not that great.

The thing that is most important is that i am able to run 2 360s through the router.

Currently when we try to do this at the moment it just doesn't work even when NAT is set to open maybe our current router just doesn't cut it i don't have a clue but i am sure some tech god on here does.

Thanks in advance.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Are both 360's running wired or wireless? In fact, either way I'd be surprised if the router has any trouble with that. What happens when both xboxes are hooked up, where does it fail? Does one connect and the other not, or do both fail?

On the Xbox Live test page, on what bit does it fail?

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Aye, i'd be careful about ditching a router unless you were absolutely sure that the router is the problem and just not some configuration issue. Any reason to suspect that a new router would solve the problem?

I'm afraid i dont know anything about xbox 360's - it could be that they also require an incoming port to be open that is normally done using UPnP to hide the technical bits from a normal user and that there is some conflict there? Just conjecture as like I say, not networked a 360 before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom